What was your biggest letdown in Lumia 920. Did you want a certain feature?

bb_gonzo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Matte cyan finish would have been nice. Better yet dark red, corresponding to the Crimson color for tiles, matte finish. Oled screen and thinner.
Things i don't necessarily need and would have traded for the above. Pureview, i am not much of a Photos guy, Wireless Charging. Sure it will be nice to have but i would rather have it 2mm thinner.
I just realized i almost described the 820 here. No Pureview, thinner, oled screen. While that is true the dealbreaker for me is the 820 screen res.

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Biggest let down is the mono HAAC, at least there is HAAC on board but really mono only? :( as a fan of live shows it is a letdown.
Other than that... not that much I must say sure a 21MP camera would have been nice but that would have made the phone thicker and it's already thick enough.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Lodingi,

It does seem as though the 920 is an AT&T exclusive initially, but that won't last forever, so if you're anxious for it, maybe hold off until spring to see what's announced.

In the mean time, Verizon is expected to get "multiple" Windows Phones this fall, so I think that's suggesting Ativ, Accord, and 820. The 820 isn't a bad phone at all... the display is rather lackluster (compared to 920) and it lacks PureView camera, but it stands out for SD card storage, replaceable battery/back covers, so it's not a terrible way to go.

And BTW, we're still waiting on HTC, obviously, and they're claiming they have some BIG announcements coming.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd be lying if I said the SD card slot was an issue for me or even the replaceable battery.

I have had the iPhone 4S since launch in October of last year, bought a 64gb and haven't even come close to 32gb.

I also have a Galaxy S3 with 16gb on board and 32gb sd card that I don't even have the internal filled up yet.

I have an extra battery for my GS3, but I have yet to take it out the packaging to use it. It's annoying to replace a battery. I'd rather find a charge.

Last edited:

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd be lying if I said the SD card slow was an issue for me or even the replaceable battery.

I have had the iPhone 4S since launch in October of last year, bought a 64gb and haven't even come close to 32gb.

I also have a Galaxy S3 with 16gb on board and 32gb sd card that I don't even have the internal filled up yet.

I have an extra battery for my GS3, but I have yet to take it out the packaging to use it. It's annoying to replace a battery. I'd rather find a charge.
I agree with you but I want to mention something about removable battery that helped me. On my Samsung Focus, the USB connection stopped working about a month ago. But I kept the phone because I am waiting for the Lumia. So what I did was, I bought a new battery and a battery charger. Now I keep one battery on charge while I use the other.

Just trying to say that once in a while these not so important features help you out. Can't wait to get Lumia 920 though. It has wireless charging anyway. :D

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd say the fact that they didn't show off more of window's phone 8 and for me personally the fact that none or them coming to sprint is a real tear jerker :'(

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The BIGGEST LETDOWN for me is the fact that the Lumia 920 will most likely not launch on T-Mobile's network. That means no 920 for me. Whoopee.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually feel let down that they didn't put out a PMP to compete with iPod Touch.

Even the almighty iTouch is suffering in the sales department. Not much call for phone-sized consumption devices... People just use their phone. Nokia is already hurting. They don't need to be making devices that just won't sell.

Lodingi

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Lodingi,

It does seem as though the 920 is an AT&T exclusive initially, but that won't last forever, so if you're anxious for it, maybe hold off until spring to see what's announced.

In the mean time, Verizon is expected to get "multiple" Windows Phones this fall, so I think that's suggesting Ativ, Accord, and 820. The 820 isn't a bad phone at all... the display is rather lackluster (compared to 920) and it lacks PureView camera, but it stands out for SD card storage, replaceable battery/back covers, so it's not a terrible way to go.

And BTW, we're still waiting on HTC, obviously, and they're claiming they have some BIG announcements coming.

Sadly, it's the 920 or nothing for me. Not interested in anything Samsung.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would have an SD card slot or more memory. I currently have 24 GB in my Samsung Focus and have it all filled. I was hoping to not need to carry my 120GB Zune any more. I have a lot of music and have a Zune Pass. I like having lots of music to choose from. I would not need 120GB, but more then 32GB. My ideal would be 64GB, and a SD card slot. I really want a Nokia, I may go with the Samsung Ativ. I bought my mother a Nokia 900 and really love the feel, look and extras of that phone. Plus with the additions in the 920, Nokia just seems like the way to go. However, lack of memory is a problem.

I would like a removable battery, but that is not a deal breaker. I carry a USB charger when traveling. The one thing I wanted a removable battery for is, if the phone stops holding a charge, you can easily replace the battery and are good to go. This has happened in a phone for both my wife and daughter. In a addition I have had several devices (non phone) stop holding a charge way to soon.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I really wish they would have an SD card slot or more memory. I currently have 24 GB in my Samsung Focus and have it all filled. I was hoping to not need to carry my 120GB Zune any more. I have a lot of music and have a Zune Pass. I like having lots of music to choose from. I would not need 120GB, but more then 32GB. My ideal would be 64GB, and a SD card slot. I really want a Nokia, I may go with the Samsung Ativ. I bought my mother a Nokia 900 and really love the feel, look and extras of that phone. Plus with the additions in the 920, Nokia just seems like the way to go. However, lack of memory is a problem.

I would like a removable battery, but that is not a deal breaker. I carry a USB charger when traveling. The one thing I wanted a removable battery for is, if the phone stops holding a charge, you can easily replace the battery and are good to go. This has happened in a phone for both my wife and daughter. In a addition I have had several devices (non phone) stop holding a charge way to soon.

Are you kidding me? What sort of random hodgepodge of music do you listen to? I have like 10 thousand heavy metal songs across dozens and dozens of artists and I can put at least 10 gigs of it on at any given time and I rotate the music every couple of days. It's not a big issue man.

I can't even see a point to Zune Pass, 90% of heavy metal bands are barely present on zune. There is little to no representation except from the big names. If I wanted to listen to hipster bs all day I could tune in to a local radio station.

But I digress, I'm in Canada, so I can't afford the data plan required to be able to use zune pass.

hoj1955

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that still uses the FM radio? Unless one can be added to the 920 via third party app, ala N9, no FM is a deal breaker for me. Compatibility with wma audio books which WP7 phones won't play is another issue. WP phones will play mp3 audio books, but the selection is next to zip compared to wma audio books. Just for the record I have a Nokia N8 and I found an inexpensive used Focus S (forced up to tango) to try out the WP7. I really do love the WP7 os over the aging symbian, but I find myself going back to the N8 because of the hardware. Oh ya, the reason I went with the Focus S and not an L900 is because the Focus isn't a micro sim, otherwise I would have jumped on a used L900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720