What was your biggest letdown in Lumia 920. Did you want a certain feature?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Not the biggest let down but have you guys noticed that they added that same bezel (rubber/plastic?) around the screen from the 900. I thought it was going to be "seamless" like the 800...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lodingi,

It does seem as though the 920 is an AT&T exclusive initially, but that won't last forever, so if you're anxious for it, maybe hold off until spring to see what's announced.

In the mean time, Verizon is expected to get "multiple" Windows Phones this fall, so I think that's suggesting Ativ, Accord, and 820. The 820 isn't a bad phone at all... the display is rather lackluster (compared to 920) and it lacks PureView camera, but it stands out for SD card storage, replaceable battery/back covers, so it's not a terrible way to go.

And BTW, we're still waiting on HTC, obviously, and they're claiming they have some BIG announcements coming.

I will be holding off at least until spring 2013, since I'm in contract. Maybe they'll have a cyan device by then, like the L900 just recently got the pink device.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd be lying if I said the SD card slow was an issue for me or even the replaceable battery.

I have had the iPhone 4S since launch in October of last year, bought a 64gb and haven't even come close to 32gb.

I also have a Galaxy S3 with 16gb on board and 32gb sd card that I don't even have the internal filled up yet.

I have an extra battery for my GS3, but I have yet to take it out the packaging to use it. It's annoying to replace a battery. I'd rather find a charge.

I agree with you. I don't have a need for an SD card, since I put my music in SkyDrive and stream it.

I sure as heck don't miss the battery pulls I had to do when I had BlackBerry.

I have LTE here, and I consistently have 40-60% battery left after 12-16 hours of use, so the replaceable battery is a non-issue for me.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Probably size. Would have loved to have it at 4.3", especially since the unibody design is naturally larger (it is the same size as the 4.7" One X).

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding me? What sort of random hodgepodge of music do you listen to? I have like 10 thousand heavy metal songs across dozens and dozens of artists and I can put at least 10 gigs of it on at any given time and I rotate the music every couple of days. It's not a big issue man.

I can't even see a point to Zune Pass, 90% of heavy metal bands are barely present on zune. There is little to no representation except from the big names. If I wanted to listen to hipster bs all day I could tune in to a local radio station.

But I digress, I'm in Canada, so I can't afford the data plan required to be able to use zune pass.

I listen to a lot of different music. I use Zune pass to discover new bands. For a long time I only listened to old heavy metal (Exciter, Anthrax, Megadeth, Moterhead). I have found many new artist that I really like (Halestorm, Finger 11, Seether). I also listen to a lot of non heavy metal (Queen, Queensryche, AC/DC). I have over 200GB of music. A lot of it I have been re-ripping as lossless. I like to have choices. I do not rotate my music much. Who knows when I am going to be in the mood for Krokus, Nazareth, Ozzy, or Pink Floyd. I also rip full albums.

Eyes Pried Open

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Memory

I just wish we could have a phone by Nokia obviously as i'm sticking with them till the end, that had more than 32GB of memory. Even if they added expandable memory. I liked the *20 too it seems pretty sweet, and i was leaning towards it just for the expandable memory, but it can only go up to 32GB anyway??? I love the 920, everything about it, i just wanna have everything with me in one device, you know? Unreal phone i am hoping to grab one anyways, just for the next Flagship phone Nokia pleasee let us have the ability to have expandable memory with no cap. :) even 64GB would due. Hopefully the 32GB will do.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding me? What sort of random hodgepodge of music do you listen to? I have like 10 thousand heavy metal songs across dozens and dozens of artists and I can put at least 10 gigs of it on at any given time and I rotate the music every couple of days. It's not a big issue man.

Dragonforce, Sabaton, some Edguy, etc. I'm a Power Metal guy and they get pretty decent representation on there. I also listen to pop music like Nicki Minaj, hard rock like Shinedown, soundtrack music like the Pikachu's Goodbye theme from Pok?mon, unknown genre music like Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (kudos to Nokia for finding them out).

I can't even see a point to Zune Pass, 90% of heavy metal bands are barely present on zune. There is little to no representation except from the big names. If I wanted to listen to hipster bs all day I could tune in to a local radio station.

I also listen to the radio, and like I say, I find the ZMP suits my varied tastes really well.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would have liked to see a slimmer profile. Its bigger than the Nokia Lumia 900. But what it's packing on the inside, I guess it's a wash.

rellyrellz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My letdown is that it's not out yet. So far from what ive seen the Nokia 920 is leading in the race of what phone ill be upgrading to from my Galaxy Nexus. The 920 is why i just literally joined this windows forum

BrandonMills

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If rumors are right, the 920 being an AT&T exclusive is a freaking bombshell. Lumia 920 is never going to see iPhone / Samsung Galaxy S III numbers if it's stuck with 1 carrier. I just don't understand why Nokia did it. 820 looks like a good phone, but the resolution is fairly weak compared to the competition these days. I hope they aren't planning on selling that for the same price as an iPhone / Galaxy S III.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Biggest letdown in Lumia 920? The "unibody design" which eliminates the option for a removable battery and a spot for a microSD card. Oh yes, and also eliminates the ability to swap out shells/covers (reminds me of "classic Nokia") like the 820.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes

41MP Pureview camera. But I'm vent out, people here will just put their hands on their ears and yell Troll. As if the feature doesn't matter.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes

41MP Pureview camera. But I'm vent out, people here will just put their hands on their ears and yell Troll. As if the feature doesn't matter.

I do believe they're trying to slim down the profile so it doesn't bulge out as much in a Lumia 920. Had they put the full 41MP PureView (heck, shoulda made the Nokia 808 a few hundred gigapixels if you ask me), the weight would have been so much that loads more people would have cried out over the even heavier weight than they are now. You're entitled to your opinion though, and that's perfectly fine :)

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Let down from this device is how L900 customers can't get this phone for supporting the WP7 devices.

/rant

Frankly there's little that Nokia didn't pack. This phone almost feels like the N95 of WP8, jammed packed with all the goodies from Nokia. I could do with a MicroSD slot, and some concrete dates about where I can get this phone. Still, looking forward to this phone. Might even pay the off-contract price too.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Let down from this device is how L900 customers can't get this phone for supporting the WP7 devices.

/rant

Frankly there's little that Nokia didn't pack. This phone almost feels like the N95 of WP8, jammed packed with all the goodies from Nokia. I could do with a MicroSD slot, and some concrete dates about where I can get this phone. Still, looking forward to this phone. Might even pay the off-contract price too.
I don't agree with you over the 900 support statement. This is Microsoft's fault to make us buy an operating system that was never meant to be. Even though I still prefer Mango over Android and iOS.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
My biggest let down is that it only makes the iPhone 5 look mediocre. I mean, it would have been nice if it made it look like complete crud.

:)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb