What was your biggest letdown in Lumia 920. Did you want a certain feature?

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's VERY close in size to the L900, just a mm (or two) taller and wider. L900 gives an illusion that it's thinner than the L920, but thickness is the same (or very, very close). The smooth finish on the L920 feels nice.

The display is very nice, the higher pixel density shows with websites not optimized for mobile (i.e. tiny fonts), but who in their right mind would try to read websites w/ fonts that tiny. The L920 display is sharper, but the L900 display is brighter when both were set to high brightness. I hope this changes in the final firmware.

The IE browser in the L920 scored almost 2x higher than the L900 in Browsermark benchmark test -- nice improvement.

The touch sensitivity can be adjusted.

People hub has a new Family Room feature. Settings has a new "child setting" (for lack of better words).

Camera settings UI changed a little -- can't seem to change the pic size, just 16:9 or 4:3. Video records in 1080p setting.

No more screw-less design like the L900 -- there are 2 tiny screws exposed at the bottom along with the micro-USB port.

And the capacitive buttons light up brighter and looks so much better than the L900 capacitive buttons when lit.

I'll be getting one when available.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
And see, that's where I would disagree... I definitely prefer 32GB over a swappable battery. I find I rarely drain my battery during the day, and on busier days, I just keep it on the charger when I'm not using it so that it's ready to go. Wireless charging allows me to be ready at any moment.

All that to say this... when they design these devices, they make decisions that they think will satisfy most customers while differentiating themselves from competitors. It's a delicate balance, but they know they won't please everyone. I suspect that's why they made the 820 the way they did... to give consumers a choice for battery and storage, etc. (It's just unfortunate about the 820's lackluster display.)

These batteries start degrading after 180 - 200 charges. Imagine once your warranty expires and your battery start degrading, what will you do. With this unibody they don't change the batter but the entire handset

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get that its has 4.0? On Nokias website under the specs for the 920 it list it as Bluetooth 3.1. I heard a rumor somewhere about 4.0 and it would make sense that it would have it but just trying to get a clear source is all.

THanks

It was on this site. It passed Bluetooth 4.0 certification.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's VERY close in size to the L900, just a mm (or two) taller and wider. L900 gives an illusion that it's thinner than the L920, but thickness is the same (or very, very close). The smooth finish on the L920 feels nice.

The display is very nice, the higher pixel density shows with websites not optimized for mobile (i.e. tiny fonts), but who in their right mind would try to read websites w/ fonts that tiny. The L920 display is sharper, but the L900 display is brighter when both were set to high brightness. I hope this changes in the final firmware.

The IE browser in the L920 scored almost 2x higher than the L900 in Browsermark benchmark test -- nice improvement.

The touch sensitivity can be adjusted.

People hub has a new Family Room feature. Settings has a new "child setting" (for lack of better words).

Camera settings UI changed a little -- can't seem to change the pic size, just 16:9 or 4:3. Video records in 1080p setting.

No more screw-less design like the L900 -- there are 2 tiny screws exposed at the bottom along with the micro-USB port.

And the capacitive buttons light up brighter and looks so much better than the L900 capacitive buttons when lit.

I'll be getting one when available.

In fact L920 is slightly thinner than Lumia 900. 10.7MM compared to 11.5. I own white glossy Lumia 900 and I love it. It looks slim. weight is not an issue. The weight is because of quality material. In fact when I compare my Lumia 900 with my wife's Galaxy S2, despite being slim and light weight it looks like cheap plastic. 160G gives a look and feel of quality material and tough finish. So adding another 25G will hardly make any difference. But yes they could have reduced the unnecessary black space below the capacitive buttons.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Bull****. If the battery goes bad, it is possible to exchange it.

It's even possible to do it yourself if you know what you're doing. Otherwise a licensed service shop will do it for you.

I think its unibody is designed in such a way that its not possible to open it. The only way of opening it is break or molting. Within the warranty period if something happens to the battery, they will replace the whole handset

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My biggest letdown was the Pureview name without Pureview camera. The lies, cockyness and stupid decisions later don't affect my view of the device itself.

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely getting the 920. The biggest letdown was sticking with a capacitive Windows key. I would love a physical Windows button that I can turn the phone on with like the Samsung. I recently picked up a 900 and finding it hard to find the power button on the side quickly when using one hand. I guess I got use to an iPhone 4 and SIII.

Maybe there is a way to do this that I just don't know?

eyeinthesky

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that still uses the FM radio?

You are not the only one who uses FM radio...many people including me love to listen to FM radio...

the lack of FM radio is certainly a deal breaker for me and unless they included it with a firmware update or a third party app comes out, I am not buying the lumia 920. Buying a windows phone 7.5 would have meant end of road very soon so I was eagerly waiting for windows phone 8. I was totally excited when they came out with 920. But when i read about the absence of radio, it was a big let down :(

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
My biggest letdown was the Pureview name without Pureview camera. The lies, cockyness and stupid decisions later don't affect my view of the device itself.

PureView is Nokia's brand, so they and they only get to decide what cameras and associated technologies are counted as PureView products.

The lies, cockyness and stupid opinions by random Internet people do not change that fact a one bit.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Everyone brings up some great point's but if you're like me you're probably still going to get it because it looks to be the best Windows Phone coming out! Although I would really prefer if was the same size as the HTC 8X since I think 4"-4.3" ratio are the best screen sizes.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought the answer was not quite. I thought you could only be connected to one network at a time or something like that unless you have two radios.

Which is why I think if you have a Lumia 900 and you get a call, you drop down from LTE to HSPA if I'm correct, because HSPA supports simultaneous voice and data, while LTE right now is data only (though they are working on getting voice over LTE to work).

Now I do have a Lumia 900, but no LTE (I'm on Straight Talk) so I can't test it for you.

My understanding is you drop to 3g data while on a voice call.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Would have liked if the bottom bezel was shorter, or they at least made it the same proportion as the top. One thing I hate about the iPhone is all that wasted space on the top and bottom of the phone. They could have fit the new 4" screen in the same size as the 4/4s. I like my phones with the smallest bezels possible. The L920 has a .2" smaller screen than the S3 but the size is almost exactly the same.

Still won't stop me from buying it.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You are not the only one who uses FM radio...many people including me love to listen to FM radio...

the lack of FM radio is certainly a deal breaker for me and unless they included it with a firmware update or a third party app comes out, I am not buying the lumia 920. Buying a windows phone 7.5 would have meant end of road very soon so I was eagerly waiting for windows phone 8. I was totally excited when they came out with 920. But when i read about the absence of radio, it was a big let down :(

Did you submit your votes on " Stereo FM radio with RDS missing on lumia 920 and 820 "

you are not alone. i am beginning to think that, may be Nokia is now making/manufacturing these phones mainly for a just few developed countries + a bit of chosen developing Countries.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have seen people mention different things they would have liked to have. Some are real good options but others are nice-to-haves. Some hardware and some software related.

I won't mention any of things I would have liked...yet.

What feature or option did you hope to get, but are missing in the new Nokia Lumia 920?
My biggest letdown in Lumia 920 isn't because of the device but because of features that miss with Windows 8
1) Lack of smart dialing
2) Volume control
3) Few existing bugs of WP 7.5 which are not yet resolved in Windows 8 Example

a) Music player will still play even when we exit it, We have to either pause or restart Windows
b) Can't select Multiple SMS for deleting
c) No call blocking or SMS blocking
d) No custom profile option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire