What was your biggest letdown in Lumia 920. Did you want a certain feature?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The music should stop playing when you exit the player

Why? Its not a bug, thats the way Microsoft designed it, and some people (myself being of them) love it this way.

I see no reason why they couldn't make stop/pause an option, but to say its a bug is completely wrong.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Why? Its not a bug, thats the way Microsoft designed it, and some people (myself being of them) love it this way.

I see no reason why they couldn't make stop/pause an option, but to say its a bug is completely wrong.

If you read this article. 39th point clearly says that "Cannot close music player, can only pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay until you reboot. Be careful not to touch it in a meeting."

So its is rather annoying therefore can be considered in defect or bug list

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

SnailUK just said that he likes that feature, how come your opinion counts more than his?

That said, the music controls are not there due to an error, flaw or mistake of any sort. They are there for a purpose, which is to allow an user a fast way to continue playing music they were listening before. You can dislike this feature, but that does not make it a defect.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I apologize for that, actually the way this article frame all these 101 reasons not to go with Windows Phone will make the reader sound as if its a bug, a flow or something.

PS: Every openion counts equally I never asked anyone to count my openion more than any one else.

Last edited:

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Would have liked if the bottom bezel was shorter, or they at least made it the same proportion as the top. One thing I hate about the iPhone is all that wasted space on the top and bottom of the phone. They could have fit the new 4" screen in the same size as the 4/4s. I like my phones with the smallest bezels possible. The L920 has a .2" smaller screen than the S3 but the size is almost exactly the same.

Still won't stop me from buying it.

i use a Samsung Focus which has buttons all the way to the bottom edge. This is always an issue when playing landscape games. I keep on touching the Windows or Back key. More bezel, I believe is a good thing on the bottom.

blacksea00

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
i miss only pokerstars application.

You guys stuck on "invisible problems" of this phone like camera on daylight and you try to find only cons...

With a community brainwashed by apple this phone doesn't have a chance.

You don't even ask yourself Why reviewers write 3 pages that lumia920 its heavy and about camera its not imba in daylight... why reviewers doesn't write 3 pages about maps from iphone that sux badly... camera its 0 in rest of time , battery need to be charged 2 times/day if not more, why its like a paper coz its broken if you accidentally sit on him... and i am sure that i can find 101 reasons why you shouldn't get iphone over this.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If you read this article. 39th point clearly says that "Cannot close music player, can only pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay until you reboot. Be careful not to touch it in a meeting."

- so this would make a candidate for a feature you would have likes to have. Missing feature is not the same as a bug. E.g. Not having Flash is not a bug.

emdee814

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The only letdown I have is that I can't change the back covers. I'm really undecided on the yellow and cyan lumia's.... It would have been so much easier if you could just change the back covers.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
SD card slot handling 64GB or a 64GB version

Removable covers(colors)/battery

Thinner/lighter

Neither of these things are a big deal, but would have been better.

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
No it doesn't. The curve of the 800 and N9 did not include a separate bezel. It appeared (like the HTC 8X) not to have a bezel. The curve of the glass continued as if it were a part of the polycarbonate body. Very seamless look and feel. Which the 920 does not have. The screen appears to have been plopped down on top of a bezel frame.

Kalle

No, it has the same curved style screen as the 800.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
my biggest let downs are

when typing and you hit a number it does not automatically go back to the regular keyboard after hitting space.

why does it not show my battery life in percentage, i cant tell what that tiny bar is. along these lines I want my 4g and wireless icons on top at all times.

the music player seems slow compared to what I am used to on my iphone. the text is huge and takes up a lot of space and scrolls rather slowly.

oztheozoz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can't add songs to an existing playlist in Xbox music on my Lumia 920 without replacing the entire playlist with the new one. I also cannot reorder my music in a playlist or in the "now playing" playlist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett