Wth 11/2

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The WP8 devices are going to be available at the same time as the Windows 8 devices. Microsoft is planning a simultaneous launch of the new phones, tablets, desktop/laptops.

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia could not have shown off any additional features or announced official release dates/carriers/pricing due to restrictions by Microsoft.

The Nokia event wasn't something out of the blue anyway. I saw articles here on wpcentral months ago that stated Nokia was having an event on September 5.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but this is just a dumb talking point. Everyone shouting this at the top of their lungs has yet to provide a logical reason why they think Nokia should have sat on announcing their new phones until November.

Well if that's stupid I guess these headlines are just insane and provide no logical reason why they should have waited. This is just from the first page a search results for nokia news.
Nokia Conducting Ethics Review of Misleading Lumia 920 Ad
Microsoft and Nokia have blown it
Nokia culpa: Phony Lumia 920 video prompts ethics probe
Nokia Again Apologizes Over Ads for Phone

Maybe they would waited until they could let the press have a few phones for review at the least they would not have such a sophomoric presentation.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they would waited until they could let the press have a few phones for review at the least they would not have such a sophomoric presentation.

Which is lovely, but by then, the iPhone 5 would have arrived, and theyd have had to wait a month or so before giving any announcements, due to the weight of iOS media attention.

Whereas now, even with the %^&* up, they've shown they have a camera that everyone who has sampled it, says is considerably better than anything on the market. Unless Apple do something spectacular with their cameras, theres going to be a number of people that will hold off on buying the iPhone 5, because the 920 has a much better camera.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
C'mon guys, lets face the truth, most of our angst is down to the fact that we ant to buy the nokia now
Im frustrated at the soft launch, but that is because I will be in a position to buy in 2 or so weeks and will still have 4 weeks to wait - Im guessing there are a few like me and we are very impatient...

As for the bad press, yes it is there, but WP8 and nokia are also getting some good write ups and with EE in the UK launching today and the 920/820 both being one of the launch phones, things are looking good...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz