Anyone had any idea whether the L920 is a fingerprint magnet?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get that long of a hands-on to be able to tell for sure, but my gut reaction is it depends. The display will be no more/less of a magnet than any other screen, but the glossy backs didn't strike me as being any worse than you have with any other phone. If your hands are usually dirty and greasy, I'm sure you might want to wipe it down more often, and if you're a desk jockey like me, probably not so bad.

If anything, I think it might depend on the color too. The white and black are more likely to show dirt and oil than the red and yellow.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since my L900 isn't a fingerprint magnet, I'd assume the same for the 920. But that's the matte version, glossy would probably get more fingerprints by nature.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Since my L900 isn't a fingerprint magnet, I'd assume the same for the 920. But that's the matte version, glossy would probably get more fingerprints by nature.

I'm in the same boat as you, although others say it is, I don't find my 900 to be a fingerprint magnet.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Probably because I come from a tropical climate in Singapore and have very active sweat glands, that's why fingerprints are an issue for me. The matte finish isn't as bad as the display though. I hope Nokia did apply an oleophobic coating of some sort on the L920. ><

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably because I come from a tropical climate in Singapore and have very active sweat glands, that's why fingerprints are an issue for me. The matte finish isn't as bad as the display though. I hope Nokia did apply an oleophobic coating of some sort on the L920. ><

None of these oleophobic coatings are any good. I bet even the new iPhone 5 screen is a fingerprint magnet. There is only so much you can do against human oil.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
None of these oleophobic coatings are any good. I bet even the new iPhone 5 screen is a fingerprint magnet. There is only so much you can do against human oil.

You can wear gloves with the 920 ;)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I heard they help some (I was looking up info about the oleophobic coating on the iPhone back when I owned one), but don't completely eliminate the problem. I think it also makes wiping off fingerprints easier. However, I think if you use chemicals to clean your screen, it's going to take off the coating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro