no 920 on TELUS?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
YUP.... so that confirmed just like the lumia 900 (which flopped bad in canada) that the Lumia 920 will be completely exclusive to Rogers in canada.

so so fustrating to see nokia finally put out something that can compete YET won't IMO.

dah well... chucking my money at HTC or samsung anyway

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone and the Galaxies sell well because almost every carrier has them sooner or later. When is Nokia going to put emphasis on that? Do they want to sell a lot of devices and make a bit less on each, or sell very few and make relatively more per device but not in total?

You want market penetration, you better put that phone in all carriers shops. No one in North America is going to incur the stupid cancellation fees just to switch carriers and get a certain phone.

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Rogers but I'm expecting them to disappoint me with just the black 920 available. I did the black 900 but I'm not going to compromise this time.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Rogers but I'm expecting them to disappoint me with just the black 920 available. I did the black 900 but I'm not going to compromise this time.

Same here but I went with the black since it's a professional color and then I bought the black and the cyan case to match my days. Worked very well give how slick the official Nokia gel cases are.

GinoSteso

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Read carefully what the Telus rep says though. He says it will not be coming to Telus "by the end of the year". Take that statement as you wish. I think carriers are probably not allowed to advertise that they will be getting it because of the deal signed which lets Rogers have exclusivity for 'x' amount of months. If people know their carrier will be getting it only a few months later then it sort of takes away from the who "exclusive" thing.

My contract is up in February. I think by then Telus will have the 920. I hope. I pray. Otherwise I'm switching carriers or. I'm even considering for the first time ever, buying out the phone unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes