Lumia 920 Screen Dimness

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
So this may seem like a silly thing to wonder about as everyone rushes to figure out who has the biggest, brightest display on the market, but I want to know how dim the Lumia 920's screen can get.

One thing I've loved about past iPhone and HTC handsets is that they have the ability to really turn down the brightness of the screen for nighttime reading in bed so as not to disturb my significant other. All Samsung phones I've used are eye-scorching bright at night and I was curious if anyone who has a Lumia 900 can comment on how dim the screen can be made and if there's any indication that the Lumia 920 will be a nice dim phone for nighttime reading as well.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So this may seem like a silly thing to wonder about as everyone rushes to figure out who has the biggest, brightest display on the market, but I want to know how dim the Lumia 920's screen can get.

One thing I've loved about past iPhone and HTC handsets is that they have the ability to really turn down the brightness of the screen for nighttime reading in bed so as not to disturb my significant other. All Samsung phones I've used are eye-scorching bright at night and I was curious if anyone who has a Lumia 900 can comment on how dim the screen can be made and if there's any indication that the Lumia 920 will be a nice dim phone for nighttime reading as well.
On L900, you can set the brightness either on automatic adjustment or on manual which gives you three choices: Low - Mediem - High. L920 should have the similar settings as those on L900.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's a good point. I'd also be interested in seeing how low the brightness can go. I also enjoyed the iPhone and HD7's dim screen settings at night.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Heh, I've only ever owned iPhones (as far as smartphones are concerned). I figured they could all be dimmed in the same manner.

Not big deal for me I still really look forward to the 920. :)

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought the brightness option in settings would be standard to all phones.

I thought so too. But you will find that different smartphones from different manufacturers, even when they let you change the brightness yourself, the lowest levels of light vary greatly from screen to screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb