has grey 920 ever shown up in any of the videos?

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

Any one saw a grey 920 in a real review video (not a picture). Since it looks like there isn't going to be a cyan color available at launch, I am thinking of my second choice and I am picking between the grey and black matte finish. Surprisingly I only see yellow, red, white and black, haven't seen a grey one.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
nokia-lumia-920-floating.jpg

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The picture of the grey makes it look blue-ish, but the official shots of it look more like a pale grey, so it's one of those things I'd have to see it in person to know if I like it.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
it looks blue-ish to me as well....

It's because of the flash quality or lack of flash on the camera that took this picture. non reflective grays will always look somewhat blue in dim lighting. The nature of the color gray.

Wow, where did you get that? First time i see non rendered pic of grey 920.

Looking quite good under that lighting and for what i can see.

Been around the internet for a while. I spend a lot of time on other popular tech sites.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
That picture is from Nokia flagship store Helsinki, they have a grey 920 floating in the display there.

I went to see it the other day and the colors are somewhat off in that picture, in real life the color is what it is, pure grey.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So far none of the availability announcements mentions the Grey, only the usual Black, White, Red and Yellow. Now I have to think whether to wait for it or not as I was hoping not to have another black slab for my next phone.

Edit: some very clear pics in this thread here, makes me think I'm going with black to get the seamless blend with the screen.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/upcoming-rumored-devices/198066.htm#post1707378

Last edited:

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I saw that thread too.

I agree with you. The grey looks good on the back, but from front, it looks like wearing a cheap plastic case. I am kind of thinking black as well although I hate to have another black. I want cyan, Nokia, you hear me? :mad:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think the grey doesnt work as well as black, doesnt really stand out or blend in, while Yellow or Red really pop at you and look nice with the corresponding tiles. Looking at my black L900 just makes me think how cool the 920 would look with the inky black screen seeming to disappear into the black casing.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm checked out those pictures from the other thread. I really wanted gray, but I think the shade is too light. I will probably go black for the matte I guess.

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, most of the European countries who have already announced the pricing and availability does not offer grey...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the grey doesnt work as well as black, doesnt really stand out or blend in, while Yellow or Red really pop at you and look nice with the corresponding tiles. Looking at my black L900 just makes me think how cool the 920 would look with the inky black screen seeming to disappear into the black casing.

I can see your point. I'm hoping the gray looks good in person though. I'm also leaning towards yellow actually but, I kind of don't like how it won't looks so hot with certain theme colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon