Unofficial L920 for T-Mobile

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As I tweeted Sept. 7 (@hasasimo) before much of this news went public, only AT&T and Verizon will be getting the Lumia 920 (and variants). Sorry folks. Just go the pre-paid, MVNO route if you can.

As for me, I was all set to get a grey L920, but I had no idea there was no FM radio until today. I'll just stick with my L900.

witteneric

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's official. The non AT&T lumia 920 supports pentaband!

p4pb8849111.jpg

Thanks to v10type-r posting the image in his thread.

Phone is lumia 920.3 RM-820 Canadian Ver for Rogers. Hopefully this isn't the only one with the 1700/2100 band support :confused:

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's official. The non AT&T lumia 920 supports pentaband!

Click to view quoted image

Thanks to v10type-r posting the image in his thread.

Phone is lumia 920.3 RM-820 Canadian Ver for Rogers. Hopefully this isn't the only one with the 1700/2100 band support :confused:

I don't want to disappoint you too much, but the Rogers Lumia 900 said it supported pentaband 3g on the box as well, but we all know how that turned out. I would say wait until some people test it or are able to unlock it.

People in the states are still going to have to get their phones from Canada or another International support if they want them unlocked. I highly doubt that ATT will unlock these phones.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a great find, and renews my hopes that I'll be able to use a 920 on TMo, wherever I have to buy it from.

Can someone test this?

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to disappoint you too much, but the Rogers Lumia 900 said it supported pentaband 3g on the box as well, but we all know how that turned out. I would say wait until some people test it or are able to unlock it.

People in the states are still going to have to get their phones from Canada or another International support if they want them unlocked. I highly doubt that ATT will unlock these phones.

That phone (FCC ID PYAA) was tested by the FCC and had results listed for 3G and LTE on the 1700/2100 (AWS) frequencies. So, at the moment, I don't have any reason to doubt that the specs on the box are accurate.

/agree with the AT&T not giving out unlock codes anytime soon...but I expect sites like expansys-usa to have Canadian 920's available in the next couple of weeks.

chuey101

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
guys xserver verified that the Rogers unlocked version DOES WORK on WIND in full 3G. WIND does not have LTE. Thus the AWS bands are enabled. w00t. How can we get these into the US?!

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Someone pleaseeeeee confirm this.. switching to ATT and leaving unlimited everything for $70 a month is hard to swallow.

Also someone please confirm which phone to order and where to order it.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
It's been confirmed. WIND uses the same frequency bands as T-mobile in the US. If it works on WIND it works on T-Mo. Read the other threads. As for where to get one...

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's been confirmed. WIND uses the same frequency bands as T-mobile in the US. If it works on WIND it works on T-Mo. Read the other threads. As for where to get one...

Is it T-Mobiles 3G or 4G? Meaning is it as fast as like getting a T-Mobile branded phone?

Do you know how many threads there are? Everything is all over the place. Thats why this is the unofficial thread for this topic... so help me out man..lol ;)

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Can we call it official?

Okay, now that it is unofficially official that the Nokia Global site is reporting the correct bands (as I always suspected), the next question is: where can I get a 920 unlocked to use on T-Mobile USA at a fair price?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Okay, now that it is unofficially official that the Nokia Global site is reporting the correct bands (as I always suspected), the next question is: where can I get a 920 unlocked to use on T-Mobile USA at a fair price?

Someone has already mentioned expansys-usa, plus there's Amazon, eBay, NewEgg and MobileCityOnline to check. Shop around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte