Sample pictures found on Flickr

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish we could see more day pictures. Those low light pictures are bright and have good colors but they are blurry and grainy, they are usable but not amazing.

The Macro pictures look very good.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but directly related to PureView technology. Here's a picture my wife took at night with a Nokia 808 PureView camera:

2h36h60.jpg

Here's a night picture I took with a Samsung Galaxy S2 in night mode. Now which camera would you rather have?

30t5ljl.jpg

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but directly related to PureView technology. Here's a picture my wife took at night with a Nokia 808 PureView camera:

Now which camera would you rather have?

Considering my main problem with the 920 is that it doesn't have the 808 camera, is pretty obvious T_T.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Considering my main problem with the 920 is that it doesn't have the 808 camera, is pretty obvious T_T.

The 808 is overkill. The smaller sensor in the 920 makes sense. Look at the bulge the 808 has, plus it adds weight.

Look at how many threads we have here complaining about how thick a phone is or complaints that a phone weighs 20grams more than another and they won't buy it.

The 920 with PureView can do the same thing as the 808 with PureView.

Last edited:

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The 808 is overkill. The smaller sensor in the 920 makes sense. Look at the bulge the 808 has, plus it adds weight.

Look at how many threads we have here complaining about how thick a phone is or complaints that a phone weighs 20grams more than another and they won't buy it.

The 920 with PureView can do the same thing as the 808 with PureView.
L920 weighs 185g

808 Pureview weighs 169g, so it is 16g lighter than L920.

The mechanical OIS and wireless charging are probably adding some weight to L920. If they can find ways to reduce the weight to around 160g, people won't consider it an issue.

I would like to see a Quad-Core (S4 Pro?) Pureview phone with similar specs as the 808 Pureview (41 mp sensor or a new 24 mp smaller sensor) as a follow up version of L920 in the near future. L940? I don't mind it is slightly thicker if they can throw in a microSD slot.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
L920 weighs 185g

808 Pureview weighs 169g, so it is 16g lighter than L920.

The mechanical OIS and wireless charging are probably adding some weight to L920. If they can find ways to reduce the weight to around 160g, people won't consider it an issue.

I would like to see a Quad-Core (S4 Pro?) Pureview phone with similar specs as the 808 Pureview (41 mp sensor or a new 24 mp smaller sensor) as a follow up version of L920 in the near future. L940? I don't mind it is slightly thicker if they can throw in a microSD slot.

I am sure your weight comparison is correct. The 808 is a much smaller phone with a 4" screen, but my point wasn't for a weight comparison between the the 920 and the 808. My point was there a lot of threads in this forum where people are making their phone decisions on weight, where people think 20g is a "MASSIVE" weight difference. I am use to using older Palm phones with extended life (3400mah) batteries, so a 20g difference in weight means nothing to me and wouldn't determine what phone I would buy. :cool:

I think you're on the right track. I think a smaller 16 to 24MP PureView will be out in the near future.

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I wish we could see more day pictures. Those low light pictures are bright and have good colors but they are blurry and grainy, they are usable but not amazing.

The Macro pictures look very good.

You think they are blurry and grainy? Have you seem them compared to other phones? Serious for a cameraphone they are amazing. For detailed shots at night you need a proper camera not a cameraphone as the lenses are too small.

That said Nokia are moving in the right direction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire