Nokia 920

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to ask a question . Ive been looking at images and videos of all the popular phones out there and the new crop of WP8 phones and i love the lumia and plan on getting the lumia 920 but i just dont understand why nokia decided to make the black gap at the bottom of the phone by the win,back, search buttons are and the black around the screen is so big.the screen looks small for he size of the phone because of this.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
IMO, the black 'clearance' around the bottom was implemented into the design in response to all the complains from Lumia owners who accidentally press the capacitive buttons due to the lack of space around them. I think it's a wise decision.

Regarding the black around the screen, I really don't agree when comparing the 920 to other Wp8 devices.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to ask a question . Ive been looking at images and videos of all the popular phones out there and the new crop of WP8 phones and i love the lumia and plan on getting the lumia 920 but i just dont understand why nokia decided to make the black gap at the bottom of the phone by the win,back, search buttons are and the black around the screen is so big.the screen looks small for he size of the phone because of this.

Because it was highly requested by Nokia owners due to the issue of accidental button hits with the 900.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
i should have phrased it better when i said the black around the sides. that was really meant for the wp8 screen. it seems like it never relly utilized the full screen when youre on the "home" "tile" screen . seems like theres always a gap on the sides and on top.I noticed this from watching videos. I may be wrong. I dont own a 900 or a wp7.5 .I held off on getting a lumia 900 and waited for wp8

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
i should have phrased it better when i said the black around the sides. that was really meant for the wp8 screen. it seems like it never relly utilized the full screen when youre on the "home" "tile" screen . seems like theres always a gap on the sides and on top.I noticed this from watching videos. I may be wrong. I dont own a 900 or a wp7.5 .I held off on getting a lumia 900 and waited for wp8

The gap on the top is because the tiles are pushed down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb