10-21-2012 03:00 PM
57 123
tools
    Verizon will have a 920 variant before the holidays. The "920" and ONLY the "920" is exclusive to AT&T for six months.
    Cellus13 likes this.
    10-19-2012 04:40 PM
    The problem I see with "it will be available later in the year", whether that is 6 months or not, new phone are coming out monthly and Nokia will have the 999 or 1000 by then. Better still, perhaps MS releases the surface phone.

Basically my point is that in 6 months the 920 will be a dinosaur. (Relative to the phone market)
    Dinosaur or not At&t could be having the future high end Lumia's exclusively for a while. This could also become a pattern with At&t. The first start has been with the Lumia 900, which no other carrier got. The Lumia 920 is exclusive to ATT for only 6 months, luckily. I think if you want a high end Lumia around the time it comes out on other carriers you'll be waiting awhile.

Basically At&t has Nokia in a position where they get all the high end windows phone while they're "fresh" and "new" before passing it off as if they are sloppy seconds. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the phone because it's not the latest thing. You should get it because you like it for what it is, not because it's the newest thing you can show off to everyone. That's why so many people lined up for the "newest" iphone 5 (even though it has nothing new about it except performance improvement).

But in the end who knows what will happen in 6 months, Nokia might not release new phone, or they could. You never know. Or Nokia might stop with the exclusive deals and release the high end Lumia to all carriers. We just have to wait and see. Also the Lumia 1000 might be a while away from now. That sounds like a phone that'll bring really bring something that will surprise us, just not now.
    10-19-2012 09:09 PM
    Dinosaur or not At&t could be having the future high end Lumia's exclusively for a while. This could also become a pattern with At&t. The first start has been with the Lumia 900, which no other carrier got. The Lumia 920 is exclusive to ATT for only 6 months, luckily. I think if you want a high end Lumia around the time it comes out on other carriers you'll be waiting awhile.

Basically At&t has Nokia in a position where they get all the high end windows phone while they're "fresh" and "new" before passing it off as if they are sloppy seconds. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the phone because it's not the latest thing. You should get it because you like it for what it is, not because it's the newest thing you can show off to everyone. That's why so many people lined up for the "newest" iphone 5 (even though it has nothing new about it except performance improvement).

But in the end who knows what will happen in 6 months, Nokia might not release new phone, or they could. You never know. Or Nokia might stop with the exclusive deals and release the high end Lumia to all carriers. We just have to wait and see. Also the Lumia 1000 might be a while away from now. That sounds like a phone that'll bring really bring something that will surprise us, just not now.

Nah, If Verizon does what they claim with Windows Phone, promomoting it like they did with Android, Nokia would break any contract to get on Verizon's network. They have the pull to get things done and if they put the effort into it.

Time will tell, what are we now ? Another week and 1/2 till all is known ?
    10-20-2012 09:54 AM
    Nokia deserves to fail with idiotic decisions like this. I was going to grab a 920 but now I'll just grab an iPhone 5. Minus one sale for Nokia.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2012 11:34 AM
    Nokia deserves to fail with idiotic decisions like this. I was going to grab a 920 but now I'll just grab an iPhone 5. Minus one sale for Nokia.

You're assuming Verizon didn't just tell Nokia they didn't care about it and didn't want to pay for subsidization on it because they were worried about sales potential.
    10-21-2012 11:46 AM

What, and leave all the design team and such without jobs when the design team DID NOTHING WRONG?
    10-21-2012 12:18 PM

I will buy two 920's. . . .

. . . . :P
    10-21-2012 03:00 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD