I hate you Verizon!

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
well, the post on here about the Atlas doesn't really do anything for me. In fact, I can honestly say I don't like it. I really want the 920 or it's variant in the same form factor. So I'm being patient....I got until the end of the year, but the sooner would be better then later. If it doesn't appear that they are getting the 920, I could settle for the 8x. But man, I want the wireless charging....

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any sort of evidence for this, other than the 822? Not doubting necessarily, it just hasn't shown up that I have seen.

Well the could do a 922. But make it look like a 4.5 inch nokia lumia 900. Instead of the 920. Then just put all the 920 featured into the phone and done. I think they could just do a larger 900 and put all 920's innovate feature into there running wp8

C

corn13read

The reality is, things are never this simple in business, and strategy is never about one move.

You're right but is Nokia making the "right" move for business. Should the be so closed minded when their stock is what it is. Can they afford less American sales and will they be able to come into the market again and be a dominant WP8 device after having an exclusive like this?

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame Verizon for this. Steve Elop is the one who decided to sell L920 exclusively on AT&T. I heard him said that on his interview earlier. He thought this is the right way to do it with their experiences of selling 600K L900. So he decided to repeat his 'mistake' with the L920. He also did the samething in Canada by signing an exclusive deal with Rogers and in UK by selling L920 exclusively through EE. On the other hand, he is selling L820 everywhere. It is too bad that he has made such a decision. I think the L920 sales will be limited with the exclusivity deals and the L820 sales will lose out to HTC 8x/8s and ATIV s. But what can you say? He is the boss. He can choose to kill Nokia singlehandily if he wanted to.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The AT&T exercise

AT&T. If you are going to have a sucky data plan why not go with the carrier with the better phone selection?

I went through the AT&T exercise today. I'm on Verizon now with the HTC Trophy. I called and walked through what I wanted to do with one of their salespeople. I wanted the minimum minutes, data plan and text for the Nokia 900. I was using the 900 as a method of getting use to Nokia before I jumped on the 920.

The monthly phone charge was $49.00, Data was $30 and texting was $20 making it $99 per month plus tax for one line one phone. The data is 3 GB per month but texting is really expensive at $20 per month.

I decided that over $100 per month for one phone wasn't worth the effort to get the 920. I'll keep the Trophy until Verizon craps or gets off the pot. Otherwise, I'll go back to the Sammy S3. MS should realize real fast that no matter how good the OS is, not having it on multiple carriers will be the death of WP8 as a major player.:mad:

Seems to me we went through this Verizon pissing around when it took them 4 - 5 months to introduce their first WP; the Trophy. I looked and can't find another WP since that one on Verizon. Arrogance makes them thinks WP needs them more than they need WP. In this case, they are mostly right.

C

corn13read

Don't blame Verizon for this. Steve Elop is the one who decided to sell L920 exclusively on AT&T. I heard him said that on his interview earlier. He thought this is the right way to do it with their experiences of selling 600K L900. So he decided to repeat his 'mistake' with the L920. He also did the samething in Canada by signing an exclusive deal with Rogers and in UK by selling L920 exclusively through EE. On the other hand, he is selling L820 everywhere. It is too bad that he has made such a decision. I think the L920 sales will be limited with the exclusivity deals and the L820 sales will lose out to HTC 8x/8s and ATIV s. But what can you say? He is the boss. He can choose to kill Nokia singlehandily if he wanted to.

I would agree it's most likely a Nokia issue. Hence the reason for me blaming them in my email. Not sure if verizon wanted it or what but in my opinion both companies are bloomin idiots for the exclusivity deal. Bad for everyone including us in more ways than one.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While it's just another rumor, I have a source who is continually telling me that around 11/2, a Lumia 922 will hit Verizon. This source told me in late spring or early summer that the new phones would be unveiled on 9/5, which was true... Just another rumor, but hopefully true.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem I see with "it will be available later in the year", whether that is 6 months or not, new phone are coming out monthly and Nokia will have the 999 or 1000 by then. Better still, perhaps MS releases the surface phone.

Basically my point is that in 6 months the 920 will be a dinosaur. (Relative to the phone market)

C

corn13read

The problem I see with "it will be available later in the year", whether that is 6 months or not, new phone are coming out monthly and Nokia will have the 999 or 1000 by then. Better still, perhaps MS releases the surface phone.

Basically my point is that in 6 months the 920 will be a dinosaur. (Relative to the phone market)

After the stunt nokia pulled. I'd buy the surface phone in an instant and never look back at nokia again. Nokia is stupid for it's huge mistake and pissing people off isn't good over all.

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Good things come to those who wait

Dinosaur or not At&t could be having the future high end Lumia's exclusively for a while. This could also become a pattern with At&t. The first start has been with the Lumia 900, which no other carrier got. The Lumia 920 is exclusive to ATT for only 6 months, luckily. I think if you want a high end Lumia around the time it comes out on other carriers you'll be waiting awhile.

Basically At&t has Nokia in a position where they get all the high end windows phone while they're "fresh" and "new" before passing it off as if they are sloppy seconds. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the phone because it's not the latest thing. You should get it because you like it for what it is, not because it's the newest thing you can show off to everyone. That's why so many people lined up for the "newest" iphone 5 (even though it has nothing new about it except performance improvement).

But in the end who knows what will happen in 6 months, Nokia might not release new phone, or they could. You never know. Or Nokia might stop with the exclusive deals and release the high end Lumia to all carriers. We just have to wait and see. Also the Lumia 1000 might be a while away from now. That sounds like a phone that'll bring really bring something that will surprise us, just not now.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dinosaur or not At&t could be having the future high end Lumia's exclusively for a while. This could also become a pattern with At&t. The first start has been with the Lumia 900, which no other carrier got. The Lumia 920 is exclusive to ATT for only 6 months, luckily. I think if you want a high end Lumia around the time it comes out on other carriers you'll be waiting awhile.

Basically At&t has Nokia in a position where they get all the high end windows phone while they're "fresh" and "new" before passing it off as if they are sloppy seconds. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the phone because it's not the latest thing. You should get it because you like it for what it is, not because it's the newest thing you can show off to everyone. That's why so many people lined up for the "newest" iphone 5 (even though it has nothing new about it except performance improvement).

But in the end who knows what will happen in 6 months, Nokia might not release new phone, or they could. You never know. Or Nokia might stop with the exclusive deals and release the high end Lumia to all carriers. We just have to wait and see. Also the Lumia 1000 might be a while away from now. That sounds like a phone that'll bring really bring something that will surprise us, just not now.

Nah, If Verizon does what they claim with Windows Phone, promomoting it like they did with Android, Nokia would break any contract to get on Verizon's network. They have the pull to get things done and if they put the effort into it.

Time will tell, what are we now ? Another week and 1/2 till all is known ?

Silly Putty

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia deserves to fail with idiotic decisions like this. I was going to grab a 920 but now I'll just grab an iPhone 5. Minus one sale for Nokia.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Nokia deserves to fail with idiotic decisions like this. I was going to grab a 920 but now I'll just grab an iPhone 5. Minus one sale for Nokia.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

You're assuming Verizon didn't just tell Nokia they didn't care about it and didn't want to pay for subsidization on it because they were worried about sales potential.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon