10-21-2012 03:00 PM
57 123
tools
    You gouge the **** out of us price-wise then you don't even bother to get phones that are up and coming...

I would switch in an instant if you weren't the monopoly here!
    10-04-2012 02:29 PM
    Don't blame Verizon. They don't have a problem carrying the ATIV and 8X.
    Villain likes this.
    10-04-2012 02:32 PM
    ATT is marketing the 820 as an exclusive even though Verizon is getting the 822. Verizon will also get the 922. The question is when!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    10-04-2012 02:41 PM
    While my gut reaction to today's announcement is to agree with you, I'll hold off and see what Verizon officially announces before screaming into the wind.
    10-04-2012 02:44 PM
    I'm also curious about the price gouging that you claim. I just priced out what my monthly cost would be if I switched my family plan (3 smartphones, 1 feature phone) from Verizon to AT&T and I didn't see any cost savings there.

Edit: If it wasn't clear, I don't blame Verizon, I blame Nokia. Verizon has shown their willingness to sell WP8 by offering the 8X (and probably the ATIV).
    10-04-2012 02:45 PM
    I'm also curious about the price gouging that you claim. I just priced out what my monthly cost would be if I switched my family plan (3 smartphones, 1 feature phone) from Verizon to AT&T and I didn't see any cost savings there.

Edit: If it wasn't clear, I don't blame Verizon, I blame Nokia. Verizon has shown their willingness to sell WP8 by offering the 8X (and probably the ATIV).
    so which one is Verizon gonna advertise then?
    10-04-2012 02:54 PM
    Don't blame Verizon. They don't have a problem carrying the ATIV and 8X.
    it's obvious Verizon prefers htc and samsung. they are more of a Sammy and HTC Carrier
    10-04-2012 02:57 PM
    Well ATT and Verizon are price fixing so I'm not surprised. I'd love for them to get busted for it. Verizon has the pull to make the 920 an exclusive for a while and know the customer base would rather have it. they could look at any wp user poll and see that.
    10-04-2012 02:58 PM
    so which one is Verizon gonna advertise then?
    I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some advertising from Verizon.

What I do know though is that AT&T and Nokia advertised the L900 a lot and got some disappointing sales to show for it. Trying the same thing again seems crazy to me.
    10-04-2012 03:06 PM
    I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some advertising from Verizon.

What I do know though is that AT&T and Nokia advertised the L900 a lot and got some disappointing sales to show for it. Trying the same thing again seems crazy to me.
    But I do think this is only a short while. I think they will Advertise the 8X and 8S which is likely what they will get
    10-04-2012 03:08 PM
    But I do think this is only a short while. I think they will Advertise the 8X and 8S which is likely what they will get
    Well, I sure hope that it's a short time, but there haven't really been any strong indicators that it will be short. I guess we'll see.
    10-04-2012 03:44 PM
    I've created a facebook page dedicated to this cause, feel free to post your thoughts or just share your frustration there. **** maybe if enough of us could join forces we might actually show Verizon that there is a market for this phone that can't be ignored, maybe... Anyways check it out if you get a chance:

Lumia 920 on Verizon | Facebook
    10-07-2012 03:04 AM

It's ultimately up to thge carrier to commit to a device or devices with their wallet. Sprint choose to use their walloet with the iPhone. So blame the carr4ier!
    10-07-2012 07:32 AM
    Well if there are no solid rumors of a Nokia coming to Verizon by November I'll get an 8X and think I will be pleased with it. I'd prefer a 920, but I don't owe Nokia any special loyalty.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    db4williams likes this.
    10-07-2012 07:38 AM
    AT&T bullied Nokia to get the exclusive because when they can't compete with their network they just screw Verizon customers out of actually having a good phone selection foolishly believing they'll switch for it. To date, that business model has worked exactly once, and only because of a legion of fanboys.
    The thing is, even if AT&T was throwing money at Nokia, Verizon could have had it if they really wanted it. They had an opportunity to actually do right by their customers and they flat out didn't try.
    10-07-2012 05:49 PM
    AT&T bullied Nokia to get the exclusive because when they can't compete with their network they just screw Verizon customers out of actually having a good phone selection foolishly believing they'll switch for it. To date, that business model has worked exactly once, and only because of a legion of fanboys.
    The thing is, even if AT&T was throwing money at Nokia, Verizon could have had it if they really wanted it. They had an opportunity to actually do right by their customers and they flat out didn't try.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but as of right now there is no information to back up your reasoning. Verizon hasn't even come out and said that they'll carry the HTC 8X (although HTC did) or that they won't be carrying a high-end Nokia device. We'll definitely know more by the time the WP8 event is over on the 29th. Until then, I'm content to wait and see what happens.
    10-07-2012 05:55 PM
    I'm really hoping Verizon gets some version of the 920, but I'm not too worried about it. I'll wait until my contract is up in November and go from there.

If Verizon gets the 8X I'll be tempted to pass on Nokia. Either way I'll be leaving Apple behind; I'm really tired of iOS and the more I see of Windows Phone the more I like it.

I definitely won't be switching to AT&T just to get the 920. Everyone I know hates AT&T.
    lancguy likes this.
    10-07-2012 06:03 PM
    Most people I know left Verizon when they decided to get rid of their decent data plans.
    10-07-2012 06:08 PM
    Most people I know left Verizon when they decided to get rid of their decent data plans.
    so their stuck on sprint?
    10-07-2012 06:14 PM
    so their stuck on sprint?
    AT&T. If you are going to have a sucky data plan why not go with the carrier with the better phone selection?
    10-07-2012 06:32 PM
    I wont get a 8X.... unless it was used on a fourm... I want a 920 on Verizon but, of course Verizon is ******* us Windows Phone users again. They get the lowest end WP7 device (yes, the trophy was the entry level/lowest cost WP device) and now they wont even get us the High end phone.

The 8X is NOT high end...
    Cellus13 likes this.
    10-07-2012 06:48 PM
    My main phone is Verizon, but honestly, the only BIG difference around here (to me anyway) between the big 4 carriers is that Verizon and ATT are more expensive. I will be buying the handset (920) outright and use either T-MO, Straighttalk or one of the other pre-paid providers.
    10-07-2012 06:49 PM
    My main phone is Verizon, but honestly, the only BIG difference around here (to me anyway) between the big 4 carriers is that Verizon and ATT are more expensive. I will be buying the handset (920) outright and use either T-MO, Straighttalk or one of the other pre-paid providers.
    If I were to buy the 920 outright, could it be used on Verizon?
    10-08-2012 09:18 AM
    If I were to buy the 920 outright, could it be used on Verizon?
    No, at&t is GSM, big red is CDMA. Unless somethings changed, you can't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-08-2012 10:27 AM
    Either Nokia or the carriers who aren't stocking the 820 & 920's need to go public and explain how the Lumias ended up as exclusives on certain networks around the globe.

It's not fair if someone blames Nokia and goes with another OEM.... or on the other hand, lays blame with their OEM and switches network.

We need transparency.
    10-08-2012 11:00 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD