Polarized sunglasses and the 920

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I did a search of the threads here and didn't find anything (so sorry if this has been covered).

Last year my wife gave me a nice pair of Maui Jim sunglasses for my birthday and they are polarized. Looking at my BB (work) is pretty much unbearable while I'm wearing them. The screen is almost black, unless I tilt my head and stand on my left foot, whilst all of my change is in my right back pocket... My iPhone is almost as bad - giving me weird distortion of color and limiting legibility. Not unusable, but annoying, none the less.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how the Lumia's CB screen could/would impact viewing while wearing polarized sunglasses? Not that it will deter me from getting one, I just don't want to have to tell my wife I bought a $5 pair of sunglasses so I can see my phone when we are out on the lake :D

Hopefully it will be a non-issue! But, maybe some of you that are more up on tech than I am could share some nuggets of wisdom!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I did a search of the threads here and didn't find anything (so sorry if this has been covered).

Last year my wife gave me a nice pair of Maui Jim sunglasses for my birthday and they are polarized. Looking at my BB (work) is pretty much unbearable while I'm wearing them. The screen is almost black, unless I tilt my head and stand on my left foot, whilst all of my change is in my right back pocket... My iPhone is almost as bad - giving me weird distortion of color and limiting legibility. Not unusable, but annoying, none the less.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how the Lumia's CB screen could/would impact viewing while wearing polarized sunglasses? Not that it will deter me from getting one, I just don't want to have to tell my wife I bought a $5 pair of sunglasses so I can see my phone when we are out on the lake :D

Hopefully it will be a non-issue! But, maybe some of you that are more up on tech than I am could share some nuggets of wisdom!

I can tell you from experience that the Lumia 900 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 both show up a lot better wearing polarized sunglasses than my iPhone 3GS. I have the same problem with my oakleys. You are going to get some darkness/color distortion but the better the display the less of an effect it has.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Who wears non polarized glasses these days? :cool:

I do.

I bought my sunglasses primarly with motorcycling in mind and motorcycle digital meters often cause the same effect. Not a good thing to not know how fast you are driving :D

The optician (is that a word? :D) told me that the biggest gain of polarized lenses is probably at the sea and I dont go any closer to sea than I have to, so no biggie. I know it reduces the "asphalt glare" too, but hardly ever been an issue for me here in Finland anyways.

And hey, at least I can read my phone :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs