10-31-2012 10:01 AM
54 123
tools
    I'd also recommend to post complaints on Rogers Facebook page regarding the color selection. I did and someone actually replied to my nasty feedback saying thanks and they'd pass on my complaint internally. Maybe if enough of us did it it could make a difference?
    10-06-2012 08:38 PM
    Will an unlocked AT&T phone work on Rogers?

I am reasonable close to the border and would be willing to drive.

Moreover if the Microsoft store has them I will just get a friend to pick one up and mail it. Anything to give Rogers less money after this very poor decision.

Not a surprise at all, though :(
    Yes and unlocked At&t L920 would work on Rogers. But beware of a few things. Firstly, you'd lose the mms, group text and tethering options. Secondly, I highly recommend waiting for confirmation they can be unlocked. Last time At&t released the L900 exclusively they didn't release the unlock codes making thousands of people's L900 including myselfs an expensive paper weight.
    10-06-2012 08:42 PM
    Thanks for that great info. I use group text daily, MMS reasonably frequently and would like to use internet sharing (but it doesn't work on my 900!)

Honestly I will probably end up with a 920, but this has given me reason to seriously consider the Ativ S, if not partially on principle. Seems like there are many like me on a few sites, notably the always fantastic MobileSyrup.

I have joined in with the Tweets and FB page posts for the 920 in colour.
    10-06-2012 11:51 PM
    Although I am really dissapointed about the only color being black on Rogers I'll still probably get it, black isn't the worst color and after all I'm really just excited for the new start screen. I've had
    Torch 9800
    IPhone 4/4s
    Galaxy nexus

And not one of them has given me the excitement or the option to customize the phone to the way I want it!
    10-07-2012 11:46 AM
    Buy an unlocked one, any color you choose. Problem solved.
    10-07-2012 09:45 PM
    Buy an unlocked one, any color you choose. Problem solved.
    Any ideas on where to buy an unlocked phone in Canada? I'm all ears.
    10-07-2012 10:14 PM
    eBay is where I buy mine.
    10-08-2012 05:51 AM
    I sent an email to Nokia's CEO Mr. Stephen Elop about Rogers only having the black colour.

Here is his answer:

we are working to try and get more colors introduced into Canada
    Then Nokia's EVP of Sales and Marketing Chris Weber emailed me with the following:

we are working very hard to get colors at Rogers; even if only in specific channels (online) for sales start. Thanks for also providing feedback to Rogers via their FB account.:)
    We might be making some progress here guys!
    dhledm and DA DSGN like this.
    10-09-2012 02:46 PM
    Yeah I tweeted also and they told me that more details are coming. So yeah no real answers for now
    I've also submitted a number of complaints to Rogers by twitter and on their Facebook page and has surprisingly received a response to all of them saying they appreciate the feedback and will pass it on internally. They are definitely aware of the negative feedback from everyone on their selected lauch color.

Wondering if it's enough though for a last minute change of plans for them to offer an alternative color.
    10-09-2012 03:56 PM
    I've also submitted a number of complaints to Rogers by twitter and on their Facebook page and has surprisingly received a response to all of them saying they appreciate the feedback and will pass it on internally. They are definitely aware of the negative feedback from everyone on their selected lauch color.

Wondering if it's enough though for a last minute change of plans for them to offer an alternative color.
    What you got from Rogers coupled with what I got from Nokia seems to be a good indication that we might get more colours.
    10-09-2012 04:39 PM
    What you got from Rogers coupled with what I got from Nokia seems to be a good indication that we might get more colours.
    I would take back everything negative I've said about Nokia and Rogers in the last week if Rogers actually annouces another color option on launch.

I don't care if it's online only as long as it's there. Knowing my luck if they do it will be my second last choice in colors lol.
    10-09-2012 04:59 PM
    I sent an email to Nokia's CEO Mr. Stephen Elop about Rogers only having the black colour.

Here is his answer:

Then Nokia's EVP of Sales and Marketing Chris Weber emailed me with the following:

We might be making some progress here guys!
    This is the best news I've heard since the disaster that is a Rogers exclusive in black only was announced.
    10-09-2012 05:05 PM
    Ah really hope all this pays off! I mean how can they not offer even the red! Its Rogers color lol
    10-09-2012 11:51 PM
    Awesome news.. Couldn't be happier if they bring us another color.

While many of you I'm sure would be happy with red as a second choice I think that would sadly be no better than black for me lol. Was really hoping for yellow or cyan.
    10-10-2012 12:28 PM
    If red was matte it would be nice. Yellow is too tacky, and cyan is just right. I really hope Rogers gets the cyan model, I looooove my cyan l900.
    DA DSGN likes this.
    10-10-2012 03:03 PM
    stop and think for a moment every now and then and things tend to be a bit more clear.

1 - New device launching world wide sooo so supply will probably hard to meet demand.
    2 - black (like it or not) is the most common bought device.

- lumia 900 was exactly the same situations on rogers.. and I know 100% because I worked for rogers during that time.
    10-10-2012 07:01 PM

Moreover if the Microsoft store has them I will just get a friend to pick one up and mail it. Anything to give Rogers less money after this very poor decision.

As long as the 3g/4G bands are the same and the Rogers APN works on it. Why would you though? Black without the ugly AT&T logo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any colour with the AT&T logo.
    10-10-2012 07:24 PM
    Read my post.
    10-10-2012 07:26 PM
    stop and think for a moment every now and then and things tend to be a bit more clear.

1 - New device launching world wide sooo so supply will probably hard to meet demand.
    2 - black (like it or not) is the most common bought device.

- lumia 900 was exactly the same situations on rogers.. and I know 100% because I worked for rogers during that time.
    In my opinion Rogers have no valid reason not to offer colour. If online sites like negri electronics can offer the phone in colour, there's no reason Rogers cannot. Rogers is a much bigger company and has leverage when negotiating with Nokia. This is absolutely a decision on Rogers part to limit customers' choice or that they don't care about WP.

My problem is that there is absolutely no option, not even a limited online-only, or limited quantities at select stores, or announcement that it'll be available. It's that there is absolutely none.

Black will be the most commonly bought device as long as it is the only option being sold.
    10-10-2012 07:29 PM
    Yeah, I doubt they changed manufacturing lines just to make a Canadian specific version. It is not economical for them to change hardware specs for different countries. The added cost of having separate lines doesn't make sense. It just simply isn't listed. I used my Rogers L900 on Vodafone in Italy with no problems back in May.

I dunno...the situation in Canada makes no sense. Why is it that no company has come forward to sell unsubsidized, unbranded phones in this damn country?? Is there some sort of CRTC red tape that prevents it? Anyone here have any insight on why this might be?
    Bell, which is one of the big 3 carriers, runs the CRTC.
    10-10-2012 08:19 PM

ATT has the right bands, even for LTE, but many people bought the 900 off-contract with the intent to unlock but couldn't get the codes. ATT wouldn't release them and sites like cellunlocker.net couldn't get them. Even those who managed to get the phone unlocked couldn't get many features to work due to no network setup app in the Canadian marketplace. Your best bet is to buy direct from Nokia. That's what I plan to do. If you want to take the ATT gamble, at least download the network setup app on the store's WiFi with a prepaid SIM, while still on the US side of the border.
    10-10-2012 08:33 PM
    ATT has the right bands, even for LTE, but many people bought the 900 off-contract with the intent to unlock but couldn't get the codes. ATT wouldn't release them and sites like cellunlocker.net couldn't get them. Even those who managed to get the phone unlocked couldn't get many features to work due to no network setup app in the Canadian marketplace. Your best bet is to buy direct from Nokia. That's what I plan to do. If you want to take the ATT gamble, at least download the network setup app on the store's WiFi with a prepaid SIM, while still on the US side of the border.
    I wonder if you can order an unlocked device from them in Canada? I'd be willing to wait for it in the mail.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-10-2012 08:59 PM
    In my opinion Rogers have no valid reason not to offer colour. If online sites like negri electronics can offer the phone in colour, there's no reason Rogers cannot. Rogers is a much bigger company and has leverage when negotiating with Nokia. This is absolutely a decision on Rogers part to limit customers' choice or that they don't care about WP.

My problem is that there is absolutely no option, not even a limited online-only, or limited quantities at select stores, or announcement that it'll be available. It's that there is absolutely none.

Black will be the most commonly bought device as long as it is the only option being sold.
    so if Nokia can't produce enough colored device in such a short period of time it rogers fault? (and trust me I am not defending rogers... I hate Rogers.)

Maybe delay the release of the 920 until they build up a huge stock.
    10-10-2012 09:40 PM
    I wonder if you can order an unlocked device from them in Canada? I'd be willing to wait for it in the mail.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    yeah Rogers Lumia 900's were unlockable
    10-10-2012 09:42 PM
    yeah Rogers Lumia 900's were unlockable
    I unlocked 2 Rogers' Lumia 900 via ebay for $16 each.
    10-11-2012 06:36 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD