10-31-2012 10:01 AM
54 123
tools
    so if Nokia can't produce enough colored device in such a short period of time it rogers fault? (and trust me I am not defending rogers... I hate Rogers.)

Maybe delay the release of the 920 until they build up a huge stock.
    No worries, I'm just saying that I don't think Rogers has any reason to stand on. At this point I'm just ranting :P

Personally I don't think that short supply is a valid excuse for Rogers to make. The Buying unlocked Lumia 920 in US thread already mentioned several online shops that will sell this phone in colour. Rogers can throw some weight around to get the stock instead of these smaller shops getting them. Also, there is such thing called "sold out". They can offer colours and if demand exceeds supply, things become sold out. Then that's a very clear indication to them to get Nokia to ramp up production of colour units.
    10-11-2012 08:38 AM
    In my opinion Rogers have no valid reason not to offer colour. If online sites like negri electronics can offer the phone in colour, there's no reason Rogers cannot. Rogers is a much bigger company and has leverage when negotiating with Nokia. This is absolutely a decision on Rogers part to limit customers' choice or that they don't care about WP.

My problem is that there is absolutely no option, not even a limited online-only, or limited quantities at select stores, or announcement that it'll be available. It's that there is absolutely none.

Black will be the most commonly bought device as long as it is the only option being sold.
    Agreed. The color options are considered by Nokia and others to be one of their major selling points for the Lumia line. You can almost consider it a feature and a major one at that. It's also what's attracted most people to these phones.

What if Apple promoted their iPhone 5's 4" screen as one of their selling points then a specific carrier decided to remove that screen and put on a 3.5" one?
    10-11-2012 09:28 AM
    For anyone saying the lack of colour choice is due to supply constraints, there's no excuse for Rogers not confirming that they will get more colours in a few weeks or months.

The release of the cyan 900 without any prior announcement was BS as many who would have preferred that colour had already settled for the black version because there was absolutely no indication that cyan would ever arrive.
    Xsever, DA DSGN and TransitStop like this.
    10-11-2012 09:40 AM
    So, since the Rogers version does comes unbranded (no carrier logo), it will be possible to buy it unlocked and use it on AT&T and have all the AT&T features?
    10-31-2012 10:01 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD