It's almost worth giving up LTE to not have that At&t logo...

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know I'm anal about it but I realy hate having the logo's on the front. I can deal with th enokia logo beacuse for some reason it doesn't look horrible but that ATT logo just throws the whole thing off. If the international version was identical I'd probably go ahead and buy that since I'm paying full price anyway. Only problem is it's not really worth giving up LTE..

Anyway just venting but anyone feel the same about the att logo?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Focus has the at&t ball on it. I don't even notice it on my phone. I just had to look to see that the logo is indeed there.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
A small logo on the front doesn't bother, really. Would I prefer a phone without one, sure. But it is not worth losing LTE. I'd be more upset if the somehow sneak an AT&T boot-up screen in there... That just screams "we have our claws dug in deep!"

My old Samsung slider had one and it was oh so annoying to look at every time I turned the phone on!

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So an unlocked phone and there is no 4G?

I been trying to figure this out for a while and all there is are different answers.

I want a 920 to use on T-Mobile, but not if I dont have full service.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So an unlocked phone and there is no 4G?

I been trying to figure this out for a while and all there is are different answers.

I want a 920 to use on T-Mobile, but not if I dont have full service.

T-Mobile does not yet have LTE. An unlocked AT&T-branded device will get HSPA+ in cities where T-Mobile has gotten support for the AT&T HSPA+ frequencies. Eventually all areas will have it, as a condition of the failed AT&T buyout attempt; however, areas where the transition has not yet occurred will only get EDGE on T-Mobile if using an unlocked AT&T branded device.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile does not yet have LTE. An unlocked AT&T-branded device will get HSPA+ in cities where T-Mobile has gotten support for the AT&T HSPA+ frequencies. Eventually all areas will have it, as a condition of the failed AT&T buyout attempt; however, areas where the transition has not yet occurred will only get EDGE on T-Mobile if using an unlocked AT&T branded device.

...and if I could add, it get's confusing because the carriers are calling HSPA+ 4G, when the term 4G was reserved for LTE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes