Get 920 or wait

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to decide of I should get the L920 or wait to see what comes next. I like almost everything about it except only 32GB with no expandable memory. I just do not want to get the 920 and have them come out with something that has expandable memory 6 months later. The longer I wait the better I am liking the new Ativ from Samsung. Are there any rumors of a high end phones coming from Nokia? I know there have been rumors of low end phones.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you have now. If you have something decent, wait it out a bit more. I'm still rocking a Samsung Focus 1 so I'm waaay overdue. :)

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think some people like to have all of their media accessible on their phones. Personally I have a 16GB iPhone 4 and never felt like I needed more storage. I don't need every song and movie I own at my fingertips at all times, but that's just me.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus 1 with 24 GB and never have any room. I also have a 120GB Zune that is full. I am hoping to be able to put more media on the phone and not have to use the Zune, I am not looking for 120GB phone, but more memory would be great. I have a buddy has only 16GB and never comes close to filling it up. I have tons of CDs that I like to listen to still. I know all people are different, but I have never understood how someone could get away with only 32GB, let alone 16.

Part of my problem is, I like to have options.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
What if you wait 6 months and nothing different comes out? (the most likely scenario). Then you'll have to wait another 6 months for the next wave of new models.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Focus 1 with 24 GB and never have any room. I also have a 120GB Zune that is full. I am hoping to be able to put more media on the phone and not have to use the Zune, I am not looking for 120GB phone, but more memory would be great. I have a buddy has only 16GB and never comes close to filling it up. I have tons of CDs that I like to listen to still. I know all people are different, but I have never understood how someone could get away with only 32GB, let alone 16.

Part of my problem is, I like to have options.

Well, it's all about having your stuff in the cloud nowadays so you can get access to a lot of data that's not on your phone.

Edit: maybe I'm biased as I have about 1TB of music and about 500GB movies and I got used to the fact there's no way this all could fit on a phone.

Last edited:

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My thought is always to get what you want when you want it. That's what I do and figure out a way to get what comes out next if you want that too.

But it sounds like you really don't want it so just keep what you have. As far as something new in 6 months with expanded memory. I'd guess there will be less and less offered with that option. Simply because less and less people find it to be necessary.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am on the same boat. Just 15 days back I purchased a beautiful white glossy Lumia 900 which I love it, but and now I am skeptical if I should really get a 920.

Last edited:

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
New devices have significantly higher resolution than 480p. Why spend the $ to get a phone that displays 720p and not use it.

Because the human eye cannot differentiate the difference on a screen that small.

The advantage of the 720p on a phone is for UI clarity. It does nothing for things like video.

thirdsun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I need the space for my music library which is about 100 GB and mostly lossless quality. Obviously I have to sync, remove and add albums for my mobile library selections so I can live with 32 GB but anything less wouldn't work for me. That said I wish there was a 64 GB or SD Card option for the 920.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium