10-11-2012 04:32 PM
    They have been but, thanks. :)
    10-11-2012 05:25 PM
    IMG_1246.jpg - gray 920 detected. Very, very cool!
    10-11-2012 06:02 PM
    This one surely hasn't been posted yet, cos I took it today myself with my N8 :D

Got to handle one too, the weight felt really suitable for a device of that size. I find lighter phones tend to feel like toys.
    Last edited by Coreldan; 10-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    10-15-2012 08:04 AM
    Love the look of these.

Really, really, REALLY ready for the WP8 kick off.
    10-15-2012 08:26 AM
    Also, didnt use flash there, so the color should appear quite close to the real colors. Often when I look at 920 pics online, the red one takes turns in looking orange, magenta and red :D This one sorta does justice to the color.
    10-15-2012 08:55 AM
    Also, didnt use flash there, so the color should appear quite close to the real colors. Often when I look at 920 pics online, the red one takes turns in looking orange, magenta and red :D This one sorta does justice to the color.
    Thanks for that! I've been debating between the red and cyan colors, and the red in your photo definitely does look darker than some other photos I've been seeing. It's gonna be a tough choice, but your photo makes me lean a wee bit more to the red after seeing it! :)
    10-15-2012 09:44 AM
    Thanks for that! I've been debating between the red and cyan colors, and the red in your photo definitely does look darker than some other photos I've been seeing. It's gonna be a tough choice, but your photo makes me lean a wee bit more to the red after seeing it! :)
    Totally same for me.
    That darker red is looking fine.
    10-15-2012 10:54 AM
    Beautiful. Wish there were more hi-res pics of the grey one out there. Probably won't make much of a difference to me anymore though as I just found out there's no FM radio; very likely a deal-breaker. I'll just stick with my 900.
    10-19-2012 04:29 PM
    I've been sold on white for months, but the more I see the yellow, the more I'm convincing myself that it won't limit my tile color choices that much. It just looks so amazing. Plus the fact that the yellow is online only might give it some exclusivity.

(now I just need to convince myself that I'm man enough to carry a yellow phone LOL)
    10-19-2012 05:14 PM
    I've been sold on white for months, but the more I see the yellow, the more I'm convincing myself that it won't limit my tile color choices that much. It just looks so amazing. Plus the fact that the yellow is online only might give it some exclusivity.

(now I just need to convince myself that I'm man enough to carry a yellow phone LOL)
    :D I don't think it's girly. The red is definitely more feminine (though I think it looks great). Men can pull all the colors off, probably except the red.
    10-20-2012 12:09 AM
    I really thought I would get the black one so I could get different color gel cases and switch the tile colors to match whatever gel case I was rocking, but that red one-- ooh-la-la!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Xsever likes this.
    10-20-2012 09:54 PM
    This one surely hasn't been posted yet, cos I took it today myself with my N8 :D

Click to view quoted image

Got to handle one too, the weight felt really suitable for a device of that size. I find lighter phones tend to feel like toys.
    for the weight - how did it feel compared to a 900? just trying to gauge the difference since i have seen and held a 900.
    10-21-2012 10:46 AM
    for the weight - how did it feel compared to a 900? just trying to gauge the difference since i have seen and held a 900.
    I personally think 900 felt a bit light for it's size or in a way very "neutral". I guess it makes it just a good weight for the size, but I personally like a little weight to the device. The 920 did naturally feel heavier cos it was but not too much to bother me, felt about right.

That said, I generally speaking like heavy phones so what works for me might not work for you :P
    jmajid likes this.
    10-21-2012 10:48 AM
    Beautiful. Wish there were more hi-res pics of the grey one out there. Probably won't make much of a difference to me anymore though as I just found out there's no FM radio; very likely a deal-breaker. I'll just stick with my 900.
    where did you hear of the "no FM radio" ?
    10-21-2012 10:48 AM
    where did you hear of the "no FM radio" ?
    Official specs even on Nokia sites do not list it while it's listed on every other phone. The chip is however capable of it, so it could be that.. maybe WP8 doesnt support it yet?
    jmajid likes this.
    10-21-2012 11:09 AM
    I personally think 900 felt a bit light for it's size or in a way very "neutral". I guess it makes it just a good weight for the size, but I personally like a little weight to the device. The 920 did naturally feel heavier cos it was but not too much to bother me, felt about right.

That said, I generally speaking like heavy phones so what works for me might not work for you :P
    i have a n8 and i dont mind the weight. I like to know i have something i paid good money for especially since i always end up buying unlocked...
    10-21-2012 11:19 AM
    :D I don't think it's girly. The red is definitely more feminine (though I think it looks great). Men can pull all the colors off, probably except the red.

I got hands on with the red Lumia at the nyc nokia event and I have to say it looks quite nice in person. I think men can definitely rock the red. I got free yellow nokia purity ear buds at the event and as beautiful as they are, I have to admit its take a lot more "confidence" for me to wear these than it ever would if they were the red color :)
    10-22-2012 09:22 AM
    I got hands on with the red Lumia at the nyc nokia event
    How heavy was it? Are you seeing the doctor today from the damage the phone's weight caused you? :D
    10-22-2012 09:33 AM
    I don't think a red is any problem as long as it's sort of.. red :D If it starts getting close to like.. orange, pink/magenta, then it gets problematic :D

Or then I guess I'm just a feminine man lol :D Red has always been one of my favourite colors, but when it comes to like clothing and accessories I sure dont look like a santaclaus, it's more of a thing in small details/accents, which a phone is just fine. You would never get me to wear red jeans, but a red t-shirt under a jacket still works :P
    10-22-2012 10:01 AM
    I really thought I would get the black one so I could get different color gel cases and switch the tile colors to match whatever gel case I was rocking, but that red one-- ooh-la-la!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I think the gel cases take away from the phone's beauty. I'd much rather not masque that, it's part of what makes the Lumia unique.
    10-22-2012 02:59 PM
    Yeah, I'm not putting any kind of case on mine. Why get a beautifully designed phone and then put an ugly case on it :P
    mcphersc likes this.
    10-22-2012 03:09 PM
    How heavy was it? Are you seeing the doctor today from the damage the phone's weight caused you? :D

:) I don't get all the fuss about how heavy it is. The MS employee was kind enough to let me hold it for all of 20 seconds, but once I did all my concerns about weight went away. I thought it felt extremely nice in the hand. It was a nice weight and definitely not too much to the point where i felt my arms would cramp up while holding the phone up to my head. I'm also someone in the camp that believes weightier phones have a more premium feel so it felt like a quality product and not toyish (real word?).

On another note, I think that was also the moment my concerns of the glossy finish went away. Cant wait to get into an AT&T store and get a little more hands on time before I make my choice.
    Xsever likes this.
    10-22-2012 03:32 PM
    :) I don't get all the fuss about how heavy it is. The MS employee was kind enough to let me hold it for all of 20 seconds, but once I did all my concerns about weight went away. I thought it felt extremely nice in the hand. It was a nice weight and definitely not too much to the point where i felt my arms would cramp up while holding the phone up to my head. I'm also someone in the camp that believes weightier phones have a more premium feel so it felt like a quality product and not toyish (real word?).

On another note, I think that was also the moment my concerns of the glossy finish went away. Cant wait to get into an AT&T store and get a little more hands on time before I make my choice.
    I was being sarcastic about the previous weight comment given how many people on here whine about the extra 20g on top of the 900's weight. CRY ME A RIVER!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and hope you will enjoy your 920 as much as I will enjoy mine!
    mcphersc likes this.
    10-22-2012 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD