05-30-2013 10:11 AM
287 ... 678910 ...
tools
    (Repost from seperate thread for convenience)

I received my NGP case from Incipio earlier this week. I've had a couple of days use, and I can say it is the best case I've purchased for the 920.

Initially I was disappointed in the case. When I received the case the thin bottom piece curved up, instead of in. To solve the issue, I took the case off of the phone, placed a towel over it and pressed down with a warm (not too hot) iron. This seems to have fixed the problem and it fits like a glove now.

Unlike other TPU soft cases, the NGP case fits very snug. There is little give, which can make it a pain to take it off but it feels more like a hard case once it is on, rather than a mushy silicone case. I also prefer it over hard shell cases because it protects the bottom and top of the phone. The headphone jack fits my Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones just fine. The case does negatively effect photos taken with a flash, causing a blur effect, but I rarely use flash so this was not an issue for me. Also, for those with a creaky Lumia, this will help alleviate that issue.

While I will definitely switch to the Nokia brand case when it arrives, this one works quite well.

The case is available at Incipio's website for $19.99 in black, translucent pink, and translucent mercury. The attached photos are translucent mercury. Nokia Lumia 920 NGP Impact Resistant Case

Attachment 26018Attachment 26019Attachment 26020
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    01-15-2013 05:43 PM
    Yes, they work fine. The cases are less than 1mm thick and are just plastic.
    01-15-2013 06:25 PM
    I bought this one for my white Lumia 920. Looks great, doesn't affect nfc and doesn't add bulkmto the phone. Amazon.com: Incipio NK-130 Feather Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Neon Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Incipio nk-130 feather case.
    01-15-2013 06:35 PM
    I just received my cc-1043. It's very similar to the gel case for the 900. Actually, it's more in line with the case that came in the box with the 800, in that there are holes for the volume, power, and camera buttons. Very nice case.
    wp_20130115_001.jpgwp_20130115_002.jpg
    tissotti likes this.
    01-15-2013 06:37 PM
    Hello there!

I also ordered a cellphone case from bethebest117 (eBay My World - bethebest117) on ebay as did a couple of posters here. Did the seller give you the tracking number for the package? I received an email claiming that the package has been sent with the tracking number can be checked at the usps website, but the email nor the ebay details of my purchase didn't contain any tracking number.

I hope anyone can help! thanks!
    01-15-2013 09:33 PM
    Hello there!

I also ordered a cellphone case from bethebest117 (eBay My World - bethebest117) on ebay as did a couple of posters here. Did the seller give you the tracking number for the package? I received an email claiming that the package has been sent with the tracking number can be checked at the usps website, but the email nor the ebay details of my purchase didn't contain any tracking number.

I hope anyone can help! thanks!
    I got the same email.
    I've never seen the website say that a tracking number cannot be track via the website either, but that's exactly what I get as well.
    maybe it just hasn't updated in the system completely ?
    cuzincurly likes this.
    01-15-2013 10:44 PM
    I just received my cc-1043. It's very similar to the gel case for the 900. Actually, it's more in line with the case that came in the box with the 800, in that there are holes for the volume, power, and camera buttons. Very nice case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130115_001.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	981.8 KB 
ID:	26902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130115_002.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	703.7 KB 
ID:	26903
    How's the grip? I have the Feather right now, and its still slippery. If you are familar with the Feather, is it thinner/thicker/same?
    01-16-2013 12:13 AM
    I'm not familiar with the Feather. I have a white phone, and I'd say the case is slightly more slippery than the phone. However, compared to my dad's black 920, it has much more grip. The matte 920's are really slippery, much more so than the 900.
    01-16-2013 07:39 AM
    I almost bought a black Incipio Dual Pro until I came across this thread last week. I ordered a CC-1043 yesterday along with a Moshi screen protector. Hopefully they will both work nicely for me!
    01-16-2013 08:37 AM
    D'oh! Before I ordered the CC-1043 I failed to ask the people here who already have them if it works okay with the wireless charger. I'd think it would, but I'd like to know before I get it...

Does it work with the wireless charger?
    01-16-2013 09:13 AM
    Yes, It does. The wireless charge an even penetrate through thicker cases.
    01-16-2013 09:20 AM
    D'oh! Before I ordered the CC-1043 I failed to ask the people here who already have them if it works okay with the wireless charger. I'd think it would, but I'd like to know before I get it...

Just to confirm also that it does indeed work with the wireless charger. I have personally tested in store with some thicker cases on wireless charger with no problems.
    01-16-2013 09:29 AM
    I'm using this.

20130116_235017.jpg
    20130116_235000.jpg
    01-16-2013 09:53 AM
    In case nobody has brought it up, if you purchase a case that covers the top of the phone, make sure it has a hole or cutout for the mic holes to the right of the headphone jack (very small holes that you really have to look carefully to see). I have an early TPU case that I really like, but I had many callers tell me that they could not understand me, like I was under water and cutting out.I could not believe my beautifil Lumia could have cell phone calling issues, and blamed it on bad reception in my house, but too many people told me the same thing. It appears that mic is for noise cancellation and if it is covered, it will significantly degrade you outgoing voice quality. It took me a while to figure it out. I tested my phone by calling an echo back number and talked with my finger covering the mic and without, and I could duplicate the issue! I just made a modification to my case by cutting a hole so the mic is no longer covered and it solved my issue. No more complaints about my voice quality from callers. I know the Nokia case has the hole for it. I am guessing early case suppliers did not realize there were mic holes since they could not see them. I did not see them until they were pointed out in a post and I looked very closely. The same would apply for skins if they do not have the cutout for the mic.
    01-16-2013 09:59 AM
    I have the Golla Mobile Wallet AMAZON / G1230
    (and the phone is Zagged)
    lumia920.jpg
    Abhishek M and CrackFachry like this.
    01-16-2013 11:42 AM
    Pictures of the new metallic cases. The gold looks great and gives the phone a lot of bling without being obnoxious either. They fit well just like the Rock cases and their button holes line up perfect. The silver is actually very dull and is almost like dull aluminum, but I very much like it that way. It's very conservative while still making the phone stand out. Anyone who wishes they could have ordered a gray Lumia, I would definitely recommend the silver metallic case. I think this is my favorite one followed closely by the gold. I'll have to see how well they wear, but if I get at least a year out of them, I'll be happy. I'll see if they scratch up over time too, but overall they do look durable. The surfaces on all of them are very non-slip so it should make handling the phone just as easy.

Gold version:
    lumiagold.jpg

Silver version:
    lumiasilver.jpg
    pennzoilgtr and david90531 like this.
    01-16-2013 10:26 PM

Flawlessly. No issues. Since the second I got it, I haven't had a single issue.
    01-17-2013 12:21 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Feather. I have a white phone, and I'd say the case is slightly more slippery than the phone. However, compared to my dad's black 920, it has much more grip. The matte 920's are really slippery, much more so than the 900.
    Yeah, the black one I have without a case is damn slippery! Feather is better, but still a little bit slippery.
    Hoping for a little more grip with the official, and no additional bulk.
    01-17-2013 12:33 PM
    I'm surprise on how many people that actually read "original" thread.

I'm gonna be ordering this for my phone.
    Attachment 26881

Does anyone know how much thicker the leather case makes the phone? I usually keep my phone in my pocket and I don't want it to be too difficult to get in and out. The case looks nice though and it would be nice to have a kickstand. I guess I would like to see pictures of the phone/case from different angles with the flap all the way open and closed. Anyone have some pictures they can share?
    01-17-2013 12:54 PM
    Will update when I receive mine, should be around beginning of Feb. Ordered the two that I previously posted (CC-1043 in cyan and leather cover one).
    01-17-2013 12:56 PM
    Pictures of the new metallic cases.
    Those cases look very nice, but as with a lot of metallic cases (this may have been asked before :() is your reception affected at all or the NFC capabilities if you've tried them?
    01-17-2013 09:13 PM
    NFC works fine. I have NFC biz cards and they work great even in a case. These cases are plastic, not actual metal.
    01-17-2013 10:20 PM
    Awesome, will be giving these cases a go then! cheers for the reply!
    01-17-2013 11:29 PM
    As far as I am aware, these are not available for the 920 due to the unibody design of the phone and the way the screen is fused in to the unibody..
    To expand on this little, I don't believe this is the case. I had sent my phone in for repair, and they replaced it, and included in the email in bold is this:

Please note we may have reinstalled your original covers to assure your choice of color was preserved.

So does that mean, since my 920 is red, if they didn't have any red 920's, they used my old 920's cover on a black or white or yellow or cyan 920 so I had the same color? Which would mean you could change out the cases afterall.
    01-17-2013 11:44 PM
    I'm getting this one for my red 920. It's by Speck and called Candy Shell.spk-a1551_glam004.jpg

CandyShell Cases for Nokia Lumia 920 | Speck Products
    01-18-2013 12:01 PM
287 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD