Cases or covers for Lumia 920

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going with an imitation leather sleeve and an anti-glare screen protector. The screen protector I got through AT&T and it's by a company called Moshi (Moshi Black Anti-Glare/Anti Fingerprint iVisor - Nokia Lumia 920 accessories from AT&T) while the sleeve I found on Ebay for less than $4 however shipping from the UK to the USA was expensive (Nokia Lumia 920 Case Cover Black Leather Pull Tab Pouch | eBay).

I'm happy with both. The sleeve is very low profile and keeps the phone protected when in my pocket. The screen protector does cut down on the brightness of the phone's display but is still a good option for those wanting to keep their device free of any scratches.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
...screen protector I got through AT&T and it's by a company called Moshi...
I hope you're having better luck than I did with the Moshi's protector. It would separate itself from the phone starting on the first day I got it, covering itself in dust and lint inside of my bag and none of it would come off when I'd wash it. Even though I loved the matte screen, I had to return it. :unhappy:

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're having better luck than I did with the Moshi's protector. It would separate itself from the phone starting on the first day I got it, covering itself in dust and lint inside of my bag and none of it would come off when I'd wash it. Even though I loved the matte screen, I had to return it. :unhappy:

I was concerned about it myself but have had a good experience with it so far.

I see a little bit of dust collecting around the edges (since it is a slightly raised) but I've not had any issues with it lifting or moving around yet. When I first ordered it I thought I was being ripped off by AT&T for one of those sticky film-type protectors but when I got it I was pleasantly surprised that it has some substance to it. I can easily lift it with my fingernail so I can see how it could start separating under the right conditions - but for me so far, so good! :)

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Best fix I've found for all issues with this phone is the skinomi skins. They're phenomenal and form fit better than any other option.

cdrk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That case is enticing. Is the back covered by leather like the front or just plastic?
The back has a leather stitch but it does not cover the entire back, the surroundings are covered using rubbery like material. Smooth type of rubber.BTW, this case does not affect wireless charging.

jonx15

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
ubejahyt.jpg
qy9u4e7e.jpg
adupy6ur.jpg
i got this case off ebay for $8. pretty much a otterbox commuter but knock off made my apex
Black White Apex Hybrid Gel Hard Net Case Cover at T Nokia Lumia 920 Accessory | eBay

I love it, i will post pictures when i can, but it provides excellent protection and i can still access all buttons and the camera works.

I picked up one from the same seller..
Very similar to an otterbox commuter..
The rubber material is not as stiff and a little bit floppy...overall for the price you cannot complain..
Like to add that the Nokia wireless charger works just fine with this case

utydupu4.jpg
za5uje2a.jpg

Last edited:

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the otterbox defender. It an take impressive amounts of damage and it is not that large. Plus the clip rotates.
I'm not trying to be contentious and I'm glad you like your defender, but you say "is is not that large"...what???? That is the most massive case I've ever seen or held, it is an absolute brick with the defender on it.

However, you like it and that is all that is important.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The back has a leather stitch but it does not cover the entire back, the surroundings are covered using rubbery like material. Smooth type of rubber.BTW, this case does not affect wireless charging.

Thanks! Do you find it awkward to take pictures with the case on?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Will they be available in yellow? So like if you get a black 920 and really wanted a yellow you could make it into a yellow one by using one of these?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know what colors will be available, or when. All I know, is they're coming soon. Seriously! That's all I know!

What is the grip like with that case? I still find the incipio feather too slippery.

If you've had the CC-1037 for the 900, it's the same. Not grippy, but not slick like the device without a case. Offers a decent amount of grip overall.

This is exactly what I've been waiting for...

You won't be disappointed. I love the fit of it, very, very well done. I couldn't be happier!

that looks great, exactly what I had in mind.

Can you post as soon as they are available?

It's exactly what I was looking for coming from the 900 using the CC-1037 Nokia Gel Case. Offers a good deal or protection to the body and hugs right up to the glass screen. Fit and finish is 10/10.

I'm sure we'll all know when they're available. But, if I hear anything, I'll be sure to post here.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I just got my cases off of eBay. Dropped shipped straight from China, but for $4, it's worth it. Even came with a free screen protector, but I didn't bother to put it on. I got purple and magenta for my wife, and I got blue and yellow for me. The fit fantastic, and it doesn't add hardly any bulk at all. Very happy with these. The blue and the purple ones are like a nice metallic color. It almost looks like that California blue of the HTC 8X. Too bad, I don't have that color theme on my Lumia, but the cobalt is a good match.

These are pics of the blue one:

Lumia920_Blue_Case_Back.jpgLumia920_Blue_Case_Front.jpg

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any deals for the Otterbox Commuter case? $35 isn't too expensive, but I wouldn't mind paying $20. Thanks in advance.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
yea I love the CC-1020 that came with my N9, barely increases the thickness, but doesnt change the profile or feel of the phone and adds so much protection

And that is what's important to me when I get a case. I don't want anything that makes the phone any bigger than it already is. I laugh at co-workers who put their small iPhone's into Otterbox cases... talk about overkill. They've made a technological marvel the size of a damn brick.

But the case offers great durability. I've never had a case fit a phone better, and that's coming from owning the 900 and the CC-1037. This one wraps around the device so perfectly, there are no gaps or loose fitting spots to speak of. It's as if they took a dummy unit, and threw it into a bucket of silicone; cut it out, and made the case out of the impression left. It's honestly the most form fitting you can get.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
And that is what's important to me when I get a case. I don't want anything that makes the phone any bigger than it already is. I laugh at co-workers who put their small iPhone's into Otterbox cases... talk about overkill. They've made a technological marvel the size of a damn brick.

But the case offers great durability. I've never had a case fit a phone better, and that's coming from owning the 900 and the CC-1037. This one wraps around the device so perfectly, there are no gaps or loose fitting spots to speak of. It's as if they took a dummy unit, and threw it into a bucket of silicone; cut it out, and made the case out of the impression left. It's honestly the most form fitting you can get.

The more you describe it, the more I want it. :)
Is there a particular sales channel you know of where this will be sold (e.g., Amazon, MS Store, etc)...

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/ubejahyt.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/qy9u4e7e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/adupy6ur.jpg

I picked up one from the same seller..
Very similar to an otterbox commuter..
The rubber material is not as stiff and a little bit floppy...overall for the price you cannot complain..
Like to add that the Nokia wireless charger works just fine with this case

..http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/utydupu4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/za5uje2a.jpg

I got the same case for me, my wife's and my son's phone and it's much better than I thought. From some pics on ebay it looked bulky but It's not. For $8, it's a steal and it seems to protect the phone very well and you can put the phone screen down without the screen touching the surface. I have the all balck, but the all white I got for my son looks very nice. They come in several color combinations. Love the fact that the power button is recessed because before the case, I was pressing that button accidentally all the time. Some of you may not like the fact that the volume and camera button "covers" are almost flush with the rest of the cover making it hard to feel them. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

ptonantryloc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need to get something to increase the "grabability" of the Lumia 920. Because of the size and slickness, my wife has dropped hers (without damage) 3 times since we got them. Since the Lumia 920 is already huge, I want the minimum added material. I don't know if a case is what I'm looking for or if I should just buy some kind of goop at the hardware store and paint it on. :wink:

Last edited:

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Apex case users: Thanks for sharing pics of the case. I went ahead and picked up a white on white and also a black on black for my 920.

Quick question, does the case have an opening for the mic at the top of the case by the headphone jack? If not, did you notice a difference in call quality/clarity or the party on the other end notice any difference?

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb