Cases or covers for Lumia 920

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!

I also ordered a cellphone case from bethebest117 (eBay My World - bethebest117) on ebay as did a couple of posters here. Did the seller give you the tracking number for the package? I received an email claiming that the package has been sent with the tracking number can be checked at the usps website, but the email nor the ebay details of my purchase didn't contain any tracking number.

I hope anyone can help! thanks!

I got the same email.
I've never seen the website say that a tracking number cannot be track via the website either, but that's exactly what I get as well.
maybe it just hasn't updated in the system completely ?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just received my cc-1043. It's very similar to the gel case for the 900. Actually, it's more in line with the case that came in the box with the 800, in that there are holes for the volume, power, and camera buttons. Very nice case.
View attachment 26902View attachment 26903

How's the grip? I have the Feather right now, and its still slippery. If you are familar with the Feather, is it thinner/thicker/same?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the Feather. I have a white phone, and I'd say the case is slightly more slippery than the phone. However, compared to my dad's black 920, it has much more grip. The matte 920's are really slippery, much more so than the 900.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I almost bought a black Incipio Dual Pro until I came across this thread last week. I ordered a CC-1043 yesterday along with a Moshi screen protector. Hopefully they will both work nicely for me!

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
D'oh! Before I ordered the CC-1043 I failed to ask the people here who already have them if it works okay with the wireless charger. I'd think it would, but I'd like to know before I get it...

Does it work with the wireless charger?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
D'oh! Before I ordered the CC-1043 I failed to ask the people here who already have them if it works okay with the wireless charger. I'd think it would, but I'd like to know before I get it...

Just to confirm also that it does indeed work with the wireless charger. I have personally tested in store with some thicker cases on wireless charger with no problems.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In case nobody has brought it up, if you purchase a case that covers the top of the phone, make sure it has a hole or cutout for the mic holes to the right of the headphone jack (very small holes that you really have to look carefully to see). I have an early TPU case that I really like, but I had many callers tell me that they could not understand me, like I was under water and cutting out.I could not believe my beautifil Lumia could have cell phone calling issues, and blamed it on bad reception in my house, but too many people told me the same thing. It appears that mic is for noise cancellation and if it is covered, it will significantly degrade you outgoing voice quality. It took me a while to figure it out. I tested my phone by calling an echo back number and talked with my finger covering the mic and without, and I could duplicate the issue! I just made a modification to my case by cutting a hole so the mic is no longer covered and it solved my issue. No more complaints about my voice quality from callers. I know the Nokia case has the hole for it. I am guessing early case suppliers did not realize there were mic holes since they could not see them. I did not see them until they were pointed out in a post and I looked very closely. The same would apply for skins if they do not have the cutout for the mic.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Pictures of the new metallic cases. The gold looks great and gives the phone a lot of bling without being obnoxious either. They fit well just like the Rock cases and their button holes line up perfect. The silver is actually very dull and is almost like dull aluminum, but I very much like it that way. It's very conservative while still making the phone stand out. Anyone who wishes they could have ordered a gray Lumia, I would definitely recommend the silver metallic case. I think this is my favorite one followed closely by the gold. I'll have to see how well they wear, but if I get at least a year out of them, I'll be happy. I'll see if they scratch up over time too, but overall they do look durable. The surfaces on all of them are very non-slip so it should make handling the phone just as easy.

Gold version:
LumiaGold.JPG

Silver version:
LumiaSilver.JPG

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Flawlessly. No issues. Since the second I got it, I haven't had a single issue.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the Feather. I have a white phone, and I'd say the case is slightly more slippery than the phone. However, compared to my dad's black 920, it has much more grip. The matte 920's are really slippery, much more so than the 900.

Yeah, the black one I have without a case is damn slippery! Feather is better, but still a little bit slippery.
Hoping for a little more grip with the official, and no additional bulk.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprise on how many people that actually read "original" thread.

I'm gonna be ordering this for my phone.
View attachment 26881

Does anyone know how much thicker the leather case makes the phone? I usually keep my phone in my pocket and I don't want it to be too difficult to get in and out. The case looks nice though and it would be nice to have a kickstand. I guess I would like to see pictures of the phone/case from different angles with the flap all the way open and closed. Anyone have some pictures they can share?

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Will update when I receive mine, should be around beginning of Feb. Ordered the two that I previously posted (CC-1043 in cyan and leather cover one).

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As far as I am aware, these are not available for the 920 due to the unibody design of the phone and the way the screen is fused in to the unibody..

To expand on this little, I don't believe this is the case. I had sent my phone in for repair, and they replaced it, and included in the email in bold is this:

Please note we may have reinstalled your original covers to assure your choice of color was preserved.

So does that mean, since my 920 is red, if they didn't have any red 920's, they used my old 920's cover on a black or white or yellow or cyan 920 so I had the same color? Which would mean you could change out the cases afterall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786