Cases or covers for Lumia 920

Linh Pham

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
NFC works fine. I have NFC biz cards and they work great even in a case. These cases are plastic, not actual metal.

What do u mean those are plastic? It looks very metallic to me + the description states it is metallic :)). While holding, does it feel a cold of metal or the sticky slippery of plastic?

Lol, also I'd appreciate some pics of the front and the top also. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

koldmiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
(Repost from seperate thread for convenience)

I received my NGP case from Incipio earlier this week. I've had a couple of days use, and I can say it is the best case I've purchased for the 920.

Initially I was disappointed in the case. When I received the case the thin bottom piece curved up, instead of in. To solve the issue, I took the case off of the phone, placed a towel over it and pressed down with a warm (not too hot) iron. This seems to have fixed the problem and it fits like a glove now.

Unlike other TPU soft cases, the NGP case fits very snug. There is little give, which can make it a pain to take it off but it feels more like a hard case once it is on, rather than a mushy silicone case. I also prefer it over hard shell cases because it protects the bottom and top of the phone. The headphone jack fits my Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones just fine. The case does negatively effect photos taken with a flash, causing a blur effect, but I rarely use flash so this was not an issue for me. Also, for those with a creaky Lumia, this will help alleviate that issue.

While I will definitely switch to the Nokia brand case when it arrives, this one works quite well.

The case is available at Incipio's website for $19.99 in black, translucent pink, and translucent mercury. The attached photos are translucent mercury. Nokia Lumia 920 NGP Impact Resistant Case

View attachment 26018View attachment 26019View attachment 26020

Just got this in the mail and am really dissappointed with the thin piece they put at the top of the charging port at the bottom. Mine is bowed up and very loose. If it wasn't for that one piece I would be in love with this case.

D

Deleted member 199301

Is there a best place to purchase the OEM Nokia accessories?

Nik_Ind

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the white candy grip case by speck, it adds alot of thickness to the phone imo, it does protect the phone very well though.

Precisely what I want! I want it completely protected even if it does add a little thickness. Besides that, the gloss red looks great!

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got this in the mail and am really dissappointed with the thin piece they put at the top of the charging port at the bottom. Mine is bowed up and very loose. If it wasn't for that one piece I would be in love with this case.

Did you try placing a towel over it and ironing it? This fixed it for me. It is annoying though.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine was like this when I first put it on, but within a few hours, everything seemed to settle into place and it became much tighter and more solid in this area.

D

Deleted member 199301

I wonder if Nokia will release 3D drawings of the 920 like they did with the 820. Designing your own case seems so much cooler.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have the Otterbox case they sell at ATT. My L920 is still in perfect condition. I only use it when I am at work I have dropped my L920 a few time while in the case it protects it very well.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Have both the Incipio Feather and Nokia's official CC-1043.

The Feather has more 'grip' but not by much. Both are definitely better than the slippery black L920.
I really do like CC-1043. Fits like a glove and it does feel more slim in my hands as compared to the Feather.

Now, if I could spray something onto the CC-1043 that would enhance the grip, it would be my ultimate. You know how you can treat the bottom of a bathtub or stairs, adding a clear coat of grip that's not visible - I would be willing to experiment if someone knew which product would be appropriate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)