Cases or covers for Lumia 920

BGBrereton

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good pull-tab-style pouch for the 920? There seem to be plenty available but I'm concerned that a few have reviews that suggest the 920 doesn't actually fit in them properly, which I'd be keen to avoid.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My CP-600 came in today. Those of you who are wanting good protection and a solid case, this is it. It's basically the black CC-1043 case, but with a fancy leather flip cover sewn into the back. Also, no obstruction of flash or camera lens, and proper cut outs all over. Side buttons are flush but easy to press. Fits it perfectly. So (excuse the s****y photos, need to charge my camera):

View attachment 27484
View attachment 27485
View attachment 27486
View attachment 27487
View attachment 27488
View attachment 27489

Can I ask a quick question - when you take photos or camcorder does the cover being so close to the back camera cause any blur or shadow? I got a cheap cover until I could get this in stock in the UK, however even though the cover doesn't appear to get in the way of pics/video - then it did last night during low light video with flash, it distorted the colour of the video and quality. Don't want to spend all this money for a case if it's going to cause similar problems. Thanks.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask a quick question - when you take photos or camcorder does the cover being so close to the back camera cause any blur or shadow? I got a cheap cover until I could get this in stock in the UK, however even though the cover doesn't appear to get in the way of pics/video - then it did last night during low light video with flash, it distorted the colour of the video and quality. Don't want to spend all this money for a case if it's going to cause similar problems. Thanks.

no effect on the camera. my favorite case on 920 and the 900.

ripper9100

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

namurell

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone come across any decent wallet cases for the 920? I have seen a couple large leather ones but I am looking for something a little more clean line to complement the modern aesthetic of the phone, somewhat along the lines of some of the GS3 cases I have seen. I had a case with a slot on the back to hold two cards for my 3gs, but due to the camera placement on the 920 this would not work.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who use a Zagg on their 920? I installed one like an hour ago and the screen is really mushi now, maybe because all the liquid haven't dried up yet? If it doesn't dissapear I can't use it really, screen should be clear =.=

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Protectors like Zagg need lots of drying time. After a day or so they will be at least 90% dry and formed. But if you still have bubbles, give it another week or even two... they continue to shrink to fit the device and push out bubbles. Unfortunately I have hair hair under my screen which is very visible... going to have to get a new one and try again.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Protectors like Zagg need lots of drying time. After a day or so they will be at least 90% dry and formed. But if you still have bubbles, give it another week or even two... they continue to shrink to fit the device and push out bubbles. Unfortunately I have hair hair under my screen which is very visible... going to have to get a new one and try again.

Yeah I've noticed it has dried up alot now, the back looks rather ugly but I don't care about the look there. The front is almost 100% clean which is good. I'm glad I got this as I couldn't stand the case I was using, it was making the phone so big and chunky, now I can hold it perfectly AND not be afraid of dropping it.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else with a CC-1043 having further issues with the light/proximity sensor? It seems that in order to use my phone properly I need to pull the top of the case away from the phone in order to utilize it properly. :(

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got my CC-1043 case today and had a **** of a time getting it on, especially the last corner once you get the other 3 in. Once it's on I quickly forgot that I had a case on it, fit and finish is awesome. It really does look like the phone is naked. I got the Xtremeguard full body underneath the case and now I can worry less about scratches and bulk.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just grabbed the white Speck CandyShell Grip Case at my local AT&T store. I actually love this case so far. The white shell is glossy and the black areas are raised rubber, so it's easy to grip and doesn't slide on a counter and fall on the ground (like my naked 920 did). The rubber and plastic case are molded together so it doesn't add much size to it at all and the quality is top notch. Side buttons are a hair more resistant when pressing due to the rubber covering, but overall this is an excellent case.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just grabbed the white Speck CandyShell Grip Case at my local AT&T store. I actually love this case so far. The white shell is glossy and the black areas are raised rubber, so it's easy to grip and doesn't slide on a counter and fall on the ground (like my naked 920 did). The rubber and plastic case are molded together so it doesn't add much size to it at all and the quality is top notch. Side buttons are a hair more resistant when pressing due to the rubber covering, but overall this is an excellent case.

Have the exact case as well up to recently. I would have to say your points are really accurate, the only downside I have experienced which resulted in a exchange for another one is exactly the rubber that's there for added grib. The problem I've had at times is pulling the case out of my jean pockets. At times the rubber would actually grab the liner of the jean pocket and would catch and come out when I would try to take the phone out of my pocket. I eventually had one of the small rubber strips start coming unglued from one end therefore I exhanged it for another one. I still have the case but recently received this new case Ultrathin Frosted Protective Plastic Back Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Translucent White - Free Shipping - DealExtreme, which I've switched to now. I'll try to get some pics up and post my impressions compared to the Speck case this week.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have the exact case as well up to recently. I would have to say your points are really accurate, the only downside I have experienced which resulted in a exchange for another one is exactly the rubber that's there for added grib. The problem I've had at times is pulling the case out of my jean pockets. At times the rubber would actually grab the liner of the jean pocket and would catch and come out when I would try to take the phone out of my pocket. I eventually had one of the small rubber strips start coming unglued from one end therefore I exhanged it for another one. I still have the case but recently received this new case Ultrathin Frosted Protective Plastic Back Case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Translucent White - Free Shipping - DealExtreme, which I've switched to now. I'll try to get some pics up and post my impressions compared to the Speck case this week.

Thanks for the tip. I noticed the issue sliding it in and out of pockets. Maybe I'll return it and grab the OtterBox Commuter before I start having issues with the rubber

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got my CC-1043 case today and had a **** of a time getting it on, especially the last corner once you get the other 3 in. Once it's on I quickly forgot that I had a case on it, fit and finish is awesome. It really does look like the phone is naked. I got the Xtremeguard full body underneath the case and now I can worry less about scratches and bulk.
+1 I too had a **** of a time getting mine on. As a matter of fact, it left some little "creases" in the upper left-hand and right-hand corners of the case. And it screws with my light sensor!

It may be time to send mine in for repairs due to the light sensor. :(

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My CC-1043 from amazon.ca arrived today. The quality of this case is leaps and bounds over the plastic hard case I got from DealExtreme. Having buttons completely flush to the case is a nice touch. There is less grip than the DX case, but more than the matte surface of the 920. The overall feel of the case is solid since it fits really nicely on the phone, and it's not the cheap silicone material.

As others have pointed out, this case can be difficult to put on...I think that's the only con I can think of at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss