920 Pre-orders

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I have a question folks...

Seeing is how I've never been one to go goo-goo for anything, and been all fired up to pre-order anything tech, how does MSFT typically do this? Or will it be an AT&T decision?

My family has purchased nothing but iPhones since the 3G (you can chastise me now:)), but only one has been a pre-order.

IF (I know this is a rumor) the pre order date is the 21st, what time do they typically go on sale? Do I need to take a day off of work so I can frantically hit refresh on some page to get my order in? Or do they usually start at midnight for a time zone and everyone adjusts to that?

Just curious, because this is the first phone I'm actually excited about pre-ordering!

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I have a question folks...

Seeing is how I've never been one to go goo-goo for anything, and been all fired up to pre-order anything tech, how does MSFT typically do this? Or will it be an AT&T decision?

My family has purchased nothing but iPhones since the 3G (you can chastise me now:)), but only one has been a pre-order.

IF (I know this is a rumor) the pre order date is the 21st, what time do they typically go on sale? Do I need to take a day off of work so I can frantically hit refresh on some page to get my order in? Or do they usually start at midnight for a time zone and everyone adjusts to that?

Just curious, because this is the first phone I'm actually excited about pre-ordering!

If it's like an iPhone pre-order it starts at 12 am in one time zone and everyone else adjusts. Although, the last time I pre-ordered the site didn't go live on time either. I'd assume they'd go PST like Apple and have me staying up 'til 3 am. lol

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It'll certainly be interesting.

Do nokia build 100 billion phones, and hope they all sell, or build 1 million thinking pessimistically, and know if they all sell quickly, it'll create iPhone style hype?

Does it actually look bad if Nokia build too many, and on day 2, you can still buy them?

I'm annoyed that everywhere i look (in the UK), they are only doing pre-orders on black or yellow 920s. I want a red one.

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It'll certainly be interesting.

Do nokia build 100 billion phones, and hope they all sell, or build 1 million thinking pessimistically, and know if they all sell quickly, it'll create iPhone style hype?

Does it actually look bad if Nokia build too many, and on day 2, you can still buy them?

I'm annoyed that everywhere i look (in the UK), they are only doing pre-orders on black or yellow 920s. I want a red one.

I have the same issue, it's like two weeks until they should start being available, I wished they'd start announcing pricing and places would start stocking all colours. I need to make a decision between EE or buying out right, I don't want to have to decide last minute. I hope somewhere stocks a cyan one, although I wouldn't be too upset with a Red, Yellow or a Black one to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos