Nokia Lumia 920 UK

KrisEagling

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I'd just like to add my hello to the forum, and say that I am really looking to getting the Lumia 920. I have a number of phones over the last 3 years or so. iPhone 3G, 4, 4s and I'm currently on a Blackberry Bold 9900. I switched from iPhone to BB because I got bored of the apple ecosystem and how closed it all was. I moved onto blackberry for various reasons including work but absolutely hate it!

I've been looking at the Lumia 800 for months now, and only recently saw the lumia 920 was just around the corner, and having done some research it looks like the perfect phone for me.

I'm going to be selling the bb and using the cash to put towards buying it outright and using it on my existing vodafone UK contract

I've got a few questions that may seem a bit stupid :) but I'm new so please bare with :)

What colours and capacity's are the lumia 900 going to be available in and does the vary between country? Does anyone have any idea of unsubsidised UK pricing? Finally, will it use the same Nokia Windows phone app for mac?

Thanks for all the info and I look forward to keeping up with the forum :)

Kris

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, from what I can tell only EE are going to be selling the Lumia 920. Carphone Warehouse won't have it etc. This means that it WILL be locked to EE, so it's useless trying to go this way.

Of course, I much prefer 3 but that's a whole different story.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The 920 is only available with 32gb of storage. As far as colours, I would imagine they'll all be available, unless ATT has a world exclusive on the cyan. (which I doubt) While EE has the UK exclusive, this is Nokia. You should be able to get an international unlocked version, which will have the same 3g and LTE bands.

KrisEagling

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for input, I've seen expansys have it available to ore order but don't yet have a price, maybe it will be an EE contract exclusive?

I hope it isn't massively expensive off contract!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for input, I've seen expansys have it available to ore order but don't yet have a price, maybe it will be an EE contract exclusive?

I hope it isn't massively expensive off contract!

Nokia always make phones available direct. That's actually the reason North American carriers are reticent to carry their devices, and why they have almost non-existent market share in the US.

That being said, it likely won't be cheap.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....You should be able to get an international unlocked version, which will have the same 3g and LTE bands.

What he said.

There's bound to be an unbranded/unlocked international version. Some countries don't allow locked phones because it inhibits competition. It may not be available at launch, maybe a few months after, but it's bound to happen.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
UK sites will be selling unlocked & sim free...you can already register interest and get receive an email when they announce pricing / dates.
All phones are usually available sim free & unlocked in UK, carrier exclusive is normally just a certain colour that you can't buy anywhere else for a while i.e. white samsung galaxy/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99