UGH! What do I want? :(

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and I dont want to switch carriers, but I do want that L920 badly!

HD puremotion LCD screen is beautiful. Pureview camera and i absolutely LOVE the design!

However, I don't know if I want black or cyan. Dont want to regret it. No removable memory or battery. Plus 4.5 is a little to big.

Then here I am on T-Mobile and I do like the L810. Better specs than the L820, the colors i want black and cyan, but not that curved design that I love. The design is fine though i do like it.

Never had a top high end phone before. Always had the mid ranges.

So it's either staying with T-Mobile with an unlimited everything cheaper plan and bite the bullet on the HD, Pureview and design or switching to ATT.

I wont go samsung or HTC because I want Nokia. It's one of the main reasons I decided on a WP.

Grrrr!

cakeatealobster

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Then why don't you get an unsubsidized version of the L920? It seems that the phone's coming out with pentaband(rumor), so pay full price for it. Huge amount of cash upfront, but this works better in the long run since you wont be raped monetarily by att, like me...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I remain confused that anyone would drop a carrier with whom they are supposedly happy for a phone. If you are not happy with T-Mobile then switch, if not then stay. No offense but if I was presented with the option of switching from a carrier I like for a higher bill, suspect carrier customer service rep (polite way of saying traditionally rated worst in the industry), and coverage that may or may not be as good as I currently have, just so that I can have the coolest phone, it would not take much time for me to make up my mind. I am a VZW customer and we have no choices on the WP front and I still wouldn't jump to one of the other carriers. I am satisfied with my plan and have far superior coverage. Granted, if no WP8 devices materialize at VZW by the spring when my contract is up, I would take an iPhone over any Android device, but still wouldn't switch carriers because coverage and plan features mean more to me than any phone model.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Then why don't you get an unsubsidized version of the L920? It seems that the phone's coming out with pentaband(rumor), so pay full price for it. Huge amount of cash upfront, but this works better in the long run since you wont be raped monetarily by att, like me...

So would the "pentaband" chip allow me to take the 920 to Verizon?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and I dont want to switch carriers, but I do want that L920 badly!

HD puremotion LCD screen is beautiful. Pureview camera and i absolutely LOVE the design!

However, I don't know if I want black or cyan. Dont want to regret it. No removable memory or battery. Plus 4.5 is a little to big.

Then here I am on T-Mobile and I do like the L810. Better specs than the L820, the colors i want black and cyan, but not that curved design that I love. The design is fine though i do like it.

Never had a top high end phone before. Always had the mid ranges.

So it's either staying with T-Mobile with an unlimited everything cheaper plan and bite the bullet on the HD, Pureview and design or switching to ATT.

I wont go samsung or HTC because I want Nokia. It's one of the main reasons I decided on a WP.

Grrrr!

You and I are in the exact same boat! Well, almost... I also like the 810, but I'm getting more and more antsy to just get the 920 unlocked international version. At this point, I don't even care which color I get (although I do prefer yellow or red), I just want that phone! I won't switch to AT&T, though. I also just noticed that T-Mobile is now making people upgrade to 2GB of data as the minimum requirement (I only have 200MB). I'm not looking to do that, and according to their website, people with grandfathered plans like me have to buy a phone at full price and go with a value plan. I wanted to get a value plan anyway since I saw one that comes with the same monthly fee my current plan has, but this 2GB data requirement and having to buy a phone full price leaves a foul taste in my mouth, you know? Taking those things into consideration, my mind is back on just getting an unlocked 920. I figure it would be more worthwhile if I have to spend full price on a phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I don't get - weren't people saying a few days back that pentaband WOULD work on T-Mobile, like they were saying it would work on Mobilicity and WIND? Don't those Canadian carriers have the same 1700 band that T-Mobile USA has?

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I don't get - weren't people saying a few days back that pentaband WOULD work on T-Mobile, like they were saying it would work on Mobilicity and WIND? Don't those Canadian carriers have the same 1700 band that T-Mobile USA has?

No one was sure. Some people said yes, some said no.

WPCentral posted that it would not work for T-Mobile.

It'll work on T-Mobiles 3G when refarming is completed. Or when it's in your area.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep checking on my iPhone if I'll get that 3G when I use my cellular data, but so far, nada. :( I live in Queens in NYC, but I have yet to ever see a 3G on my phone, even when I've been places in Manhattan. I wonder how long the refarming is going to take. :-/ I'm probably going to weigh out the options of buying the 810, which will give me 3G/4G, at full price shortly after it's released or waiting for a few months to get an unlocked 920 that will eventually get 3G. Decisions, decisions...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The article on WPCentral that said it would not work on T-Mobile was based on Nokia saying that they wrote 1700mhz on their international site by mistake. For all we know they could just be saying this to protect their exclusivity deal with ATT.

However, the most recent news has been the FCC testing report that stated that the 920 does indeed have the chipset required to work on AWS (T-Mobile, Wind, Mobilicity)

The only way to find out is if someone buys the phone, gets it unlocked, and Nokia releases the Network Setup app again.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Pay the off-contract price for a Lumia 810 and wait for a better Lumia to hit T-Mobile? A bit expensive, but it would probably work out alright in the long run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb