Nokia Lumia 920 Preorder available at BestBuy.com

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, 2 quick questions. Is the ETF $350? It seems it would be $100 cheaper to add a new line and then cancel or than to buy it for $600.

Also, for those of you that pre-ordered: does your card get charged when you order or when it ships?

Thanks!!

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, 2 quick questions. Is the ETF $350? It seems it would be $100 cheaper to add a new line and then cancel or than to buy it for $600.

Also, for those of you that pre-ordered: does your card get charged when you order or when it ships?

Thanks!!

I think your card gets charged when you order.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!!

99% sure when it ships - on a CC there will prob just be a hold. I used PayPal and no funds were deducted yet, says it will be when the shipping status updates or when the seller updates the order.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Sold out on BB so I believe they probably was not prepared to a degree for all of this. I'm also thinking with no word from AT&t for pre-orders this might have been a way of having a test run to see what demand is for the phone.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
No word from nokia, microsoft, or even the other phone companies on prices or availability. Makes this feel like it's a beta test once again and they will jump out and say "fooled ya we are releasing WP9 instead" thanks for trying WP8.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a new theory on this.......bare with me. It seems AT&T is having trouble clearing their Iphone 5 preorders as you got alot of folks still waiting and sitting in backorder. I think Bestbuy was used to lend a helping hand as to processing the orders. After the long system maintenance Sunday for AT&T alot of iphone preorders went from processing to backorder in the blink of an eye. Blame the Ihord for all the issues and with the upcoming announcements from the big three in this 7 day period expect the log jam to get worst.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I just went to one of my local AT&T stores this evening and asked about the WP8. I asked specifically when they were getting the new WP8 products or at least when the pre-order was. None of them knew for sure but said that the training for them is next week so they figure it will be the week after that before they go on sale. Which puts it right about the Nov. 4 timetable.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I was able to pre-order yesterday morning right when it was announced, and my credit card WAS billed. Generally, they're only supposed to do that when it ships, so I'm expecting the charge to reverse tonight or tomorrow until it ships. Order status claims 1-2 weeks, which is precisely on time with the November launch estimate.

Frankly, I think the disappearing act is easily explained... it wasn't supposed to be public yet, and regardless of what the reason might be-- order testing, AT&T fussing, AT&T issues, whatever-- I just hope my order is fulfilled ASAP. I won't hesitate to cancel and go AT&T-direct... but I had no objection going through Best Buy either.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The source I tweeted Sept. 7 (@hasasimo) - when rumors were saying the Lumia 920 would be out in October - that said it wouldn't be released til November still thinks it's very possible the phone is released after the 4th, not on it.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The source I tweeted Sept. 7 (@hasasimo) - when rumors were saying the Lumia 920 would be out in October - that said it wouldn't be released til November still thinks it's very possible the phone is released after the 4th, not on it.

That would make the 920 launch mirror the 900 launch more than anyone would care for. I hated that the 900 rumor launch date kept getting pushed. I know it's all rumor and speculation so I don't get too angry but I wish just once they would actually announce the date and kill the rumors.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That would make the 920 launch mirror the 900 launch more than anyone would care for. I hated that the 900 rumor launch date kept getting pushed. I know it's all rumor and speculation so I don't get too angry but I wish just once they would actually announce the date and kill the rumors.

I completely agree. While I think they know right now exactly when they'll be releasing it, I don't think they've confirmed the date until recently. Part of the conjecture over the past few months has come from Nokia themselves not even knowing when exactly they'll get these phones out (outside of a 2 or 3 week target window).

It seems the 4th is still possible, but a week or two later is as well. Just don't get your hopes up too high for the 4th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077