10-26-2012 10:11 PM
76 1234
tools
    Hey guys, 2 quick questions. Is the ETF $350? It seems it would be $100 cheaper to add a new line and then cancel or than to buy it for $600.

Also, for those of you that pre-ordered: does your card get charged when you order or when it ships?

Thanks!!
    99% sure when it ships - on a CC there will prob just be a hold. I used PayPal and no funds were deducted yet, says it will be when the shipping status updates or when the seller updates the order.
    10-21-2012 09:58 PM
    Sold out on BB so I believe they probably was not prepared to a degree for all of this. I'm also thinking with no word from AT&t for pre-orders this might have been a way of having a test run to see what demand is for the phone.
    10-22-2012 04:04 PM
    No word from nokia, microsoft, or even the other phone companies on prices or availability. Makes this feel like it's a beta test once again and they will jump out and say "fooled ya we are releasing WP9 instead" thanks for trying WP8.
    10-22-2012 04:14 PM
    I have a new theory on this.......bare with me. It seems AT&T is having trouble clearing their Iphone 5 preorders as you got alot of folks still waiting and sitting in backorder. I think Bestbuy was used to lend a helping hand as to processing the orders. After the long system maintenance Sunday for AT&T alot of iphone preorders went from processing to backorder in the blink of an eye. Blame the Ihord for all the issues and with the upcoming announcements from the big three in this 7 day period expect the log jam to get worst.
    10-22-2012 04:40 PM
    I just went to one of my local AT&T stores this evening and asked about the WP8. I asked specifically when they were getting the new WP8 products or at least when the pre-order was. None of them knew for sure but said that the training for them is next week so they figure it will be the week after that before they go on sale. Which puts it right about the Nov. 4 timetable.
    Xsever likes this.
    10-22-2012 05:49 PM
    You can still find it on BB, but you have to get there by searching on google, etc. - site now shows sold out....can't imagine that's accurate.Attachment 21942
    10-22-2012 08:47 PM
    I was able to pre-order yesterday morning right when it was announced, and my credit card WAS billed. Generally, they're only supposed to do that when it ships, so I'm expecting the charge to reverse tonight or tomorrow until it ships. Order status claims 1-2 weeks, which is precisely on time with the November launch estimate.

Frankly, I think the disappearing act is easily explained... it wasn't supposed to be public yet, and regardless of what the reason might be-- order testing, AT&T fussing, AT&T issues, whatever-- I just hope my order is fulfilled ASAP. I won't hesitate to cancel and go AT&T-direct... but I had no objection going through Best Buy either.
    10-22-2012 10:24 PM
    The source I tweeted Sept. 7 (@hasasimo) - when rumors were saying the Lumia 920 would be out in October - that said it wouldn't be released til November still thinks it's very possible the phone is released after the 4th, not on it.
    10-23-2012 10:08 AM
    The source I tweeted Sept. 7 (@hasasimo) - when rumors were saying the Lumia 920 would be out in October - that said it wouldn't be released til November still thinks it's very possible the phone is released after the 4th, not on it.
    That would make the 920 launch mirror the 900 launch more than anyone would care for. I hated that the 900 rumor launch date kept getting pushed. I know it's all rumor and speculation so I don't get too angry but I wish just once they would actually announce the date and kill the rumors.
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-23-2012 10:15 AM
    That would make the 920 launch mirror the 900 launch more than anyone would care for. I hated that the 900 rumor launch date kept getting pushed. I know it's all rumor and speculation so I don't get too angry but I wish just once they would actually announce the date and kill the rumors.
    I completely agree. While I think they know right now exactly when they'll be releasing it, I don't think they've confirmed the date until recently. Part of the conjecture over the past few months has come from Nokia themselves not even knowing when exactly they'll get these phones out (outside of a 2 or 3 week target window).

It seems the 4th is still possible, but a week or two later is as well. Just don't get your hopes up too high for the 4th.
    10-23-2012 10:49 AM
    I was able to pre-order yesterday morning right when it was announced, and my credit card WAS billed. Generally, they're only supposed to do that when it ships, so I'm expecting the charge to reverse tonight or tomorrow until it ships. Order status claims 1-2 weeks, which is precisely on time with the November launch estimate.

Frankly, I think the disappearing act is easily explained... it wasn't supposed to be public yet, and regardless of what the reason might be-- order testing, AT&T fussing, AT&T issues, whatever-- I just hope my order is fulfilled ASAP. I won't hesitate to cancel and go AT&T-direct... but I had no objection going through Best Buy either.
    You weren't BILLED. It was pinged for verification of funds. The charge is gone, or will be shortly.
    10-23-2012 11:01 AM
    The Galaxy Note II will be $300 on a 2 year contract with ATT so the price of the 920 is looking good at the moment (yeah I know they are different products but still)
    10-23-2012 11:11 AM
    The Galaxy Note II will be $300 on a 2 year contract with ATT so the price of the 920 is looking good at the moment (yeah I know they are different products but still)
    And look, miracle of miracles, it has a release date! But the mighty 920, "coming soon"! :rolleyes: ;)
    karmamule likes this.
    10-23-2012 11:18 AM
    You weren't BILLED. It was pinged for verification of funds. The charge is gone, or will be shortly.
    Mine has been billed and has not been removed. I just really want some type of explanation of what happened. I know we are probably going to get it next week (hopefully before the weekend).

I cannot wait for it! I'm tired of my iPhone 4.
    10-23-2012 08:50 PM
    Mine has been billed and has not been removed. I just really want some type of explanation of what happened. I know we are probably going to get it next week (hopefully before the weekend).

I cannot wait for it! I'm tired of my iPhone 4.
    Wednesday and the charge is still on my card as well.
    10-24-2012 10:24 AM
    But is it a charge or a pending charge?
    10-24-2012 10:26 AM
    Per Bestbuy online preorders charges will be authorized until ship. If time has passed and the authorization has been dropped they reauthorize the charge again until it ships and becomes permanent.
    10-24-2012 10:30 AM
    But is it a charge or a pending charge?
    Its a hold and it stays until the item is shipped and if it drops they redo the funds hold. Basically drawing interest on the funds. :dry
    10-24-2012 10:32 AM
    they do not receive any money for an authorization, and your account is not debited for it either (it is held and not shown in your avail balance, but you still receive interest)
    10-24-2012 09:36 PM
    Umm, here in the real world, any charge to an account that makes funds unavailable to a person is considered being billed. You can gussy it up with fancy terms like "verification of funds" but a charge is a charge. And taking several days to recredit that "verification" isn't cool when it's $150 or $650.

In any case, you completely missed the points I was making. A) I already said I expected the charge to disappear. B) I said I wasn't expecting but hoping it would ship early. C) I was explaining that the disappearing act was easily explained. D) I said I wasn't loyal to Best Buy, and if an alternate source presented itself, I'd cancel the BB order and take the route that gets the phone faster.
    10-25-2012 06:15 AM
    Umm, here in the real world, any charge to an account that makes funds unavailable to a person is considered being billed. You can gussy it up with fancy terms like "verification of funds" but a charge is a charge. And taking several days to recredit that "verification" isn't cool when it's $150 or $650.

In any case, you completely missed the points I was making. A) I already said I expected the charge to disappear. B) I said I wasn't expecting but hoping it would ship early. C) I was explaining that the disappearing act was easily explained. D) I said I wasn't loyal to Best Buy, and if an alternate source presented itself, I'd cancel the BB order and take the route that gets the phone faster.
    Personally, I'll purchase from the place that has the phone the cheapest ;). At the moment, I've waited long enough for the 920, if I can get it $50 cheaper at Best Buy and have to wait a few days I'll do that...

Though, I am happy of all those people who are fretting about best buy right now in this pre-order process. The more that cancel their pre-orders the more likely I'd get my phone earlier :).

I still think those who pre-ordered will get their phones by next Friday, November 1st.
    10-25-2012 09:23 AM

I have no idea why you are responding to me with all of these points I never made mention of.
    10-25-2012 09:52 AM
    Pre ordered the day this became available on BB"s website, my card was charged, when looking at this online too i think the whole charging process is complete. It's just sitting there at Backordered.

Personally i think they are HOLDING it on purpose.
    10-25-2012 11:12 AM
    I know this is all speculation, but why do people think BB "got in trouble" for opening preorders last Sunday? Rumors of pre-order dates had it for both the 21st and the 26th.

Also, the 900 had different prices between the different retailers at launch... I think it was available for $99 after rebate at some places, right?

It seems just as likely that it was a test to gauge consumer interest and get pricing information.
    10-25-2012 09:04 PM
    I have no idea why you are responding to me with all of these points I never made mention of.

Precisely because you ignored the points while trying to make an invalid assumption.
    10-25-2012 09:56 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD