11-02-2012 04:42 PM
76 1234
tools
    Think I will preorder too, see what happens. Only yellow or black though...

Update: Preordered. Shame its only black, but I wasn't going for the yellow :)
    I WANTED yellow! ;)
    10-31-2012 09:02 AM
    Phones4u are taking pre-orders now. 470 which matches the price in most places.
    10-31-2012 10:18 AM
    Phones4u are taking pre-orders now. 470 which matches the price in most places.
    I am only seeing the Lumia 920 available for Purchase with a new contract on Phones4u . Is there a specific link to the SIM-Free version from them? Or is that a store only deal?
    10-31-2012 10:30 AM
    I currently have a sim-free (Yellow) pre-order with P4U, which I should be due to collect tomorrow or Friday all being well. However, I will test this with my Vodafone sim before handing over the money for the handset.

Do we have a list of product codes yet?
    10-31-2012 10:41 AM
    I am only seeing the Lumia 920 available for Purchase with a new contract on Phones4u . Is there a specific link to the SIM-Free version from them? Or is that a store only deal?
    Store only. The WP8 devices aren't officially on the system yet.

Just a shame you have to put up with pushy salesman!
    10-31-2012 10:53 AM
    Expansys looks like a no-go till late November: https://twitter.com/expansysUK/statu...73185503965185
    10-31-2012 11:07 AM
    So Clove, Handtech or unlocked-mobiles maybe for November if you want anything other than a yellow 920. It is not looking good...
    10-31-2012 11:16 AM
    I just got an email from digital phone saying they will not be getting phones in sim free

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    10-31-2012 11:41 AM
    Digital phone are providing an update on the situation 6th November

10-31-2012 11:47 AM
    I sent a tweet to Nokia UK asking when sim free version will be available, this is what they replied -

Sorry, we're unable to confirm exact timings on this for you at the moment.

How splendid:@
    10-31-2012 02:51 PM
    I just got an email from digital phone saying they will not be getting phones in sim free

They have not notified me! But I notice its now missing from their website. I have emailed to cancel pre-order, think I will now go with htc as I think sim free versions of the nokia will not be out before December unless your willing to pay through the nose from abroad.
    10-31-2012 02:53 PM
    phones4u (the place that was meant to be offering the phone sim-free) has the phone on EE contracy only.

Nokia Lumia 920 White EE Contract Deals| Phones 4u
    11-01-2012 05:40 AM
    I currently have a sim-free (Yellow) pre-order with P4U, which I should be due to collect tomorrow or Friday all being well. However, I will test this with my Vodafone sim before handing over the money for the handset.
    I'm going to go into P4U here in Camden at lunch - I saw yesterday when I walked by that all the Christmas labelling is up so I hope the sim-free price is displayed. Did they have any issues or confusion regarding EE contracts when you spoke to them?

I really want a yellow 920, and the tethering will go down a treat with the Surface :)
    11-01-2012 06:34 AM
    I went into Gloucester Phones4u on Tuesday. They seemed certain they were going to be selling the 920 sim free unlocked. Had the sim free price on display.

No dates. I'm hoping they will have them in tomorrow. They usually know a day in advance what stock they are getting. If anyone could check today?
    11-01-2012 06:38 AM
    According to their twitter feed, Nokia are under the impression that any SIM free phone sold by P4U will be locked to EE (it's not clear if that's the overall brand or ee the specific network).
    11-01-2012 07:34 AM
    When I spoke to them yesterday the sales guy said that the yellow would be sold sim free and unlocked, the red would be sold sim free, but locked to t-mobile/EE/Orange..

Either way, that is no good for me as I want black or grey if cyan is not available so Im trying to wait until next week to see if availability gets any better as there is nothing around at the moment.
    Narr likes this.
    11-01-2012 07:41 AM
    From Handtech

Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 UK Release Update

1 Nov

Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 UK Release Update:

Nokia UK SIM Free stock will not be available for now.

Nokia have decided to give the Nokia Lumia 920 exclusivity to a network.

The the Nokia Lumia 820 will be available on a network and available to certain B2B channels only.

However these decisions can change and we will be looking at other channels will update as soon as we get further info.
    11-01-2012 07:55 AM
    I went into Gloucester Phones4u on Tuesday. They seemed certain they were going to be selling the 920 sim free unlocked. Had the sim free price on display.

No dates. I'm hoping they will have them in tomorrow. They usually know a day in advance what stock they are getting. If anyone could check today?
    Camden P4U told me they would sell them sim-free but it was all blank stares and shrugged shoulders about WHEN they would have stock - one guy was particularly patronising with "it's not out yet. duh". I'm tempted to call another store and see what they say.
    11-01-2012 08:33 AM
    I fear we may have to wait a few more weeks yet, seems like bad news from every retailer so far :(
    11-01-2012 08:37 AM
    I think the issue is that with the exclusivity deal, in the UK we are stuffed and that will not change before Xmas, so we will have to wait for sources from abroad before we can buy SIM free...
    11-01-2012 08:52 AM
    Hey peeps. First post here, just registered.

Just read an article on Neowin regarding all this exclusivity with the Lumia 920 and the SIM free handset. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed.

Neowin - Where unprofessional journalism looks better - Neowin
    11-01-2012 09:02 AM
    I think the issue is that with the exclusivity deal, in the UK we are stuffed and that will not change before Xmas, so we will have to wait for sources from abroad before we can buy SIM free...
    As much as I want a Lumia, it's really tough to consider putting off a purchase til the new year - I want a phone to tether my Surface to as soon as possible, ARGH! The size of the dummy Lumia 920 looks perfect too
    11-01-2012 09:05 AM
    Hey peeps. First post here, just registered.

Just read an article on Neowin regarding all this exclusivity with the Lumia 920 and the SIM free handset. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed.

Neowin - Where unprofessional journalism looks better - Neowin
    Totally sucks :( I can't justify moving to EE for less than unlimited data, on top of buying out my current one with 3UK. All the reviews for the 8X so far seem to favour the Lumia....ATIV S anyone?
    Last edited by rOIVAz; 11-01-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    11-01-2012 09:09 AM
    Phones4U twitter support have been telling me that only the White 4G Lumia 920 will be locked to EE, while the Black, Red and Yellow will support T-Mobile and Orange sims on 3G tariffs.

They also told me that they should start to have stock in on Monday, though I assume that will vary from store to store.

I am inclined to believe them over any of the news sites as they're actually selling the devices.

Then again, CNET did update their article about the EE exclusivity with this:
    EE has confirmed the Lumia 920 will also be available on Orange and T-Mobile (which, rather confusingly, are part of EE), which means you'll probably be able to get hold of the Lumia 920 without paying the high prices that 4G demands. Vodafone, O2 and Three customers are still out of luck for now though.
    11-01-2012 09:16 AM
    I am inclined to believe them over any of the news sites as they're actually selling the devices.
    The article on Neowin was written with information from Nokia and EE. Pretty definitive for me.
    Rather than keep playing Chinese whispers, we've gone straight to the source, contacting both Nokia and EE directly to get some definitive details on these issues, to answer some of the most important questions for those hoping to get their hands on the new device.
    11-01-2012 09:27 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD