Local AT&T still not taking pre-orders

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Walked in today to preorder a Lumia 920 and the lady told me it wasn't available to order yet...said she didn't know when it was, but it wasn't today. WTF? Anyone else had any luck?

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Nope, nothing here yet ether. I also talked to the lady online and she was completely clueless. She said it will be available in the coming months lol.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got done with an online chat with AT&T...

No date available, but this is what she told me:
"We don't have any current details on when we will have the Nokia Lumia 920, I do apologize. I am sure these will come very soon!"

I might swing by my local store this afternoon, just to see what they say.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got done with an online chat with AT&T...

No date available, but this is what she told me:
"We don't have any current details on when we will have the Nokia Lumia 920, I do apologize. I am sure these will come very soon!"

I might swing by my local store this afternoon, just to see what they say.

You might get lucky. Last year I went to my local store and happen to up when Nokia reps were there training the store staff on the 900. So I got to talk to the Nokia guys directly and play with their devices.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It could be that the employees are told to make no mention of it until they have finished their new device training. So they don't end up giving out false information

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I went yesterday to my local store. The lady seemed very disturbed that Best Buy was allowed to pre-order the device but AT&T was not. She did not know when they would be able to, non of the employees did. The phone wasn't in their computer systems yet. She also showed me their updated pricing sheet on the phones they offer, which she said was updated that morning, and it was not on there. So they have no idea when it'll be available for pre-order.

She did say that if I waited until the actual release date and then just walked into the store they should have plenty on hand. She also offered to send me an email directly when they got their stock in so I could let her know which color I want and she'll set one aside for me. Very helpful lady.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think there's a chance AT&T won't be offering preorders at all??

I really hope that's not the case as I wasn't able to preorder from BB until later and didn't wanna be at the end of the list and receive the phone later. So I've been waiting for AT&T but I'm getting nervous.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I really hope that's not the case as I wasn't able to preorder from BB until later and didn't wanna be at the end of the list and receive the phone later. So I've been waiting for AT&T but I'm getting nervous.

If anything, BB might have signed some deal with AT&T to get first rights to preorders. Not sure if that ever actually happens though.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If anything, BB might have signed some deal with AT&T to get first rights to preorders. Not sure if that ever actually happens though.

I could be wrong, but didn't the same thing happen with the Thunderbolt and Verizon? I think Best Buy was the only place where you could preorder it. I also remember reading about how Verizon employees were clueless as well about the phone availability even though Best Buy was already taking preorders.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with AT&T again and they are still clueless and referring to it as the Lumina.

Maybe I should just order from best buy. This is getting ridiculous.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but didn't the same thing happen with the Thunderbolt and Verizon? I think Best Buy was the only place where you could preorder it. I also remember reading about how Verizon employees were clueless as well about the phone availability even though Best Buy was already taking preorders.

So AT&T never took preorders for these phones at all? Im afraid I'm waiting and this is what's going to happen.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

That might turn out to be the very simple answer and anyway, since there has not been a release date announced theoretically you could preorder and be waiting weeks for delivery. Preordering at this point seems to be only good for raising a persons blood pressure.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody really think that we wouldn't be able to walk into a store and pick up a phone on launch day, anyway?

I'd love to pre order a phone, but if the stores are going to have stock, why worry about it?

Having said that, I'm still anxiously watching AT&T's website looking for my opportunity :)

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody really think that we wouldn't be able to walk into a store and pick up a phone on launch day, anyway?

I'd love to pre order a phone, but if the stores are going to have stock, why worry about it?

Having said that, I'm still anxiously watching AT&T's website looking for my opportunity :)

Well reports have said that yellow and cyan are online only. Hopefully that's wrong.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I couldn't leave well enough alone. I just got done talking with AT&T Premier customer service/sales and they don't have any info either. :mad:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well reports have said that yellow and cyan are online only. Hopefully that's wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's right even though there have been, to my knowledge at least, any indication stating it.

There was a poster on these forums who said that when he went into Best Buy to pre-order his 920, the only available color was black.

I preordered so I could get the Cyan color too. I'm happy to wait :).

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered yesterday from BB. Called today to see why they were taken down, if orders were going to honored, etc. The rep said all orders should be honored (delivery 11/2-11/15), and didn't know why the site was changed. He said the page wasn't removed, just isn't searchable from within the BB site.

I haven't tried this, but he said the page should still be accessible via Google, etc.

May cancel my preorder & pick one up in person @ AT&T instead - don't want someone to accidentally remove my unlimited data plan...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs