Non-Rogers 920 on Rogers with MMS and tethering

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
A question for anyone that might know since I am officially a newbie on Rogers. I just switched from Telus pretty much because I wanted to bundle my services and hoped the 920 might be secretly announced in another color other than black.

But since it's not I'm not planning to buy either a yellow or cyan compatible variant and unlock it for Rogers (still not sure where to get it or which model).

My biggest question is I'm wondering, with unlocked devices on Rogers, or more specifically WP devices does any one know what my chances are that tethering and MMS will work on an unlocked (non-Rogers) 920 on Rogers?

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Tethering will work if your contract allows it, How MMS is implemented in WP8 is one of the things we all want to know. If it's like WP7.x and there is no manual apn for MMS you're in trouble as the app needed to setup MMS is not available in Canada.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
if you get an ATT to use on Rogersyou will not be able to get it unlocked for at least the exclusivity period but the frequencies are the same as Rogers so you might be able to get by with just a Rogers sim but you better checkit out first. You just get a gel case I got a deep red gel for my 900 and it looks sharp but I also have a black case a well as the amzer holster in black. I use the holster with the red case as well. I get good comments.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Good to know about the tethering.. Since I'm more excited to have that than MMS working on an unlocked phone.

As for the AT&T model, I'm already convinced I won't be buying that one since I made that mistake on 900 and killed 2 months with it as a paper weight before Rogers decided to sell it in cyan and I bought that one.

I assume I'll need to grab an international one of some kind on some 3rd party website or ebay. I just want to make sure I'm still getting LTE..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire