AT&T page updated

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I disagree entirely. It staved people from jumping on the iPhone 5.

I'm not sure if there is a way to quantitatively prove that. And if it is true, you'd also have to take into account anyone that doesn't buy the Lumia because of the long wait time for legitimate information which is very difficult to do.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You're saying dropping more hints along the way would have enticed people to go with iPhone 5? How would knowing more about a superior product drive people to a lesser product???

I work in marketing, and last time I checked, it didn't work that way.

I'm saying releasing a bunch of press/info BEFORE the iPhone 5 event did a much better job at it. Just releasing small tidbits of information likely wouldn't have built enough immediate hype to do so.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying releasing a bunch of press/info BEFORE the iPhone 5 event did a much better job at it. Just releasing small tidbits of information likely wouldn't have built enough immediate hype to do so.

Got ya! I was saying a combination of the two would have been better.

Gotta love the internet :)

xxgatvolxx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I disagree entirely. It staved people from jumping on the iPhone 5.

That is true I was completely set on getting a new iPhone 5, and the lackluster launch changed my mind, however this is getting pathetic, we are nearing November and we have no idea when its launching, first it was Nov 4, now it apparently is Nov 12. How long before it gets pushed to end of November, if they don't announce it Monday I am just gonna skip the Lumia 920 and get an iPhone 5, might not be the phone I want but it is a phone I can buy instead of waiting 2-3 months after announcement to get.

The point is if you are gonna convince people to wait you have to deliver and communicate to them why its worth it to wait, if you don't keep up with tech the Nokia 920 is-int even on your radar, and because it has been announced already, the media will just mention it in passing the second time. I am beginning to think that something is up with WP8 that it is int launching with W8, we shall see son enough, this whole launch has been very frustrating so far.

Last edited:

pandalove1027

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Monday can't come soon enough... Rumors about Verizon not launching anything until the 14th only makes it more discouraging.

Seriously. When I saw that article about the 11th being a new rumor I wanted to cry into my pillow. Can't wait for Monday because certainty is what I need. Even if it's the 11th. :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb