How are most Nokia Phones with reception?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK we have talked about the camera, colors, screen etc. now how is the 920 or other models of Nokia as far as telephone reception? Are the signals and reception as good or better than Sammy or Blackberry for example? I know it will be specific for each phone but in general.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is pretty much better than everything and i've had every single brand on every network they pretty much invented GSM why would they not be good? That being i have not ever owned a CDMA nokia so i cant speak for verizon version, at&t or unlocked gsm are REALLY good.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The 900 gets a better signal in places where my iPhone had bad or no signal... However it could be partially due to LTE vs. HSPA+.

My wife also has a 900... She says that her phone is the only phone that gets calls/texts in the back office where she works. Her coworkers get upset that here's works and theirs don't.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also to add, I'm currently using Samsung Omnia 7 to get used to WP7 before I get the Lumia 920 and this thing has a laughable reception in comparison to my N8, both devices are also from around the same year, that said I guess N8 might've been more flagshippy at the time.

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Have Blackberry and Nokia and both get great reception. Have had tried Samsung twice, awful reception. Will never get another Samsung phone, but love their TVs.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Focus S has decent reception, but my old BlackBerry curve was night and day better in reception and call quality. I have truly missed that about BB. But the closest I have ever gotten since were all the 900s from Nokia I have played around with. It is another one of those reasons I am leaning Nokia in the WP8 launches. I want better- better support, better apps, better extras, better reception, and better call quality. I really believe you can buy Nokia with confidence.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Also the only thing that i've had that came close to the nokias i've had over the years was actually blackberry and some older motorolas and LG, but samsung, iphone, and as of late motorola has sucked havent had an LG in a really long time cant tell you on that, nokia still pretty much as good as it ever was, one of the best i had one nokia n8 and also the n97 both had really good my 900 seems like its not quite as good as then n8, but i have a feeling the 920 will be slightly better than 900, the 900 was rushed quite a bit and even at that still better than pretty much all the competition, some brands do have pretty good reception like blackberry so it wont be REALLY noticebally better than the best but if you have a phone with poor reception like say (older iphone4) ya it will be night and day. nokia tests all this stuff thoroughly when they design them also.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of all the different mobile phones i have owned i would put Motorola top of this easily but since they are out of the question then i would say HTC and then Nokia my HTC Mozart had much better reception and call quality than my Lumia 800.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Out of all the different mobile phones i have owned i would put Motorola top of this easily but since they are out of the question then i would say HTC and then Nokia my HTC Mozart had much better reception and call quality than my Lumia 800.

Hmm... I've never had a HTC Mozart, but my Lumia 800 certainly has much better reception than any of the HTC Android devices I've owned.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya im' not sure what the other guy is talking about old motorolas yes i've had new motorolas i've also had an HTC radar HTC titan and HTC android devices every one of them had worse in fact those are worse than blackberry lg and alot of others HTC has awful reception they have their antenna is the case and its connected by a spring loaded antenna, never worked good at all. Motorola is usually decent but hasnt been as good lately but i wouldnt say motorola would be bad if it was on the table but if your looking at windows phones nokia definitely the best hands down. I also had an 800 it was very similar to 900 both were a bit rushed, but like i said i expect 920 to be on par with all the rest of nokia, and i think the 800 easily had better reception than HTC.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 900 call quality and reception are the best. Before Lumia 900 I had Nokia N900 which was more a tablet with phone functionality. Although it was an experimental model so its speaker quality is crappy but call quality was average. Before N900 I had N95 which again had excellent call quality as well as speakers. So no one can match nokia in terms of call quality and speakers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss