01-23-2013 06:13 AM
527 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I just got an email from computer universe and it says they'll get stock by 13/11. those ******** .
    I canceled it right away. and I'm not planing on doing any more preorders.
    **** you Nokia, okay !

Best
    Last edited by DrDastan; 11-09-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    11-09-2012 02:11 AM
    I also confirm my order status having been updated to read: expected to come in stock on approx. 13.11.2012... Amazing how many people are willing to support Nokia through its difficult times yet it's like they are trying to doom themselves with their exclusivity farces and the stock unavailabilities...
    11-09-2012 02:28 AM
    Yep, I gave up yesterday for the moment :)
    11-09-2012 02:32 AM
    That's it I cancelled my Computeruniverse order as well not because I can't wait until the 13th but because I have some dignity and refuse to be mocked by a company that throws the "ready for shipping" bait at me and then expect me to shut up and wait until their stock arrives. I still have an open order elsewhere at least they were honest enough to say they did not have it in stock. They are the winners as far as my order is concerned!
    11-09-2012 02:46 AM
    Got my 15/11/12 dispatch date email from cyberport.de overnight.

Would be good to get an update today, even if it's "no new news", as clearly the cyberport stock system thinks *something* is going on..... Phazeshifterz? Any chance of an upgrade to next-day delivery for those of us that are keeping the faith ;)
    11-09-2012 02:59 AM
    that's it i cancelled my computeruniverse order as well not because i can't wait until the 13th but because i have some dignity and refuse to be mocked by a company that throws the "ready for shipping" bait at me and then expect me to shut up and wait until their stock arrives. I still have an open order elsewhere at least they were honest enough to say they did not have it in stock. They are the winners as far as my order is concerned!

+1
    11-09-2012 03:08 AM
    got the same mail early in the morning changing the date from 10/11 to 15/11 for having stock...hope that date would be the final change. won't cancel it since i haven't found any other site with stock.
    11-09-2012 03:14 AM
    I've just had an email from CyberPort to saying expected stock arrival has changed from 13/11/2012 to 15/11/2012.

:( really want this phone to arrive...

lol
    11-09-2012 04:23 AM
    I've just had an email from CyberPort to saying expected stock arrival has changed from 13/11/2012 to 15/11/2012.

:( really want this phone to arrive...

lol

Why don't I get those emails? :s
    11-09-2012 05:44 AM
    I dunno - I did place my order on Saturday 3rd November so had an initial 'system generated' message on the 4th saying they expected stock on the 13th November.

Which obviously i've now been told different this morning in the email i mentioned about in my previous post.

I have also emailed CyberPort Customer Services (sent before I received the email this morning) - which I have just had a reply for, stating pretty much the same thing.
    11-09-2012 06:09 AM
    No where in stock in Germany?
    11-09-2012 03:47 PM
    They should keep us more informed at cyberport...
    11-09-2012 04:29 PM
    When will cyberport.de receive the colour red?
    11-09-2012 06:27 PM
    Any updates yet? Or is it still looking like the 15th for shipping?
    11-10-2012 05:24 AM
    Hmm, I got mine here in Munich on Tuesday, it was shipped on Monday. Check idealo.de they will show you where and how fast different stores ship de phone. There seems to be plenty of them. I got mine from Mobil.com Debitel http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/...iew-nokia.html

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express
    11-10-2012 05:43 AM
    Hmm, I got mine here in Munich on Tuesday, it was shipped on Monday. Check idealo.de they will show you where and how fast different stores ship de phone. There seems to be plenty of them. I got mine from Mobil.com Debitel Nokia Lumia 920 Pureview Dualcore-Smartphone: Smartphone Preisvergleich - Preise bei idealo.de

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express
    Black and White handsets maybe. However, I am waiting on a yellow handset at present.
    11-10-2012 05:53 AM
    My 920 just arrived from Amazon.de seller.
    Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
    The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)
    11-10-2012 07:10 AM
    How did you go about cancelling your order from Cyberport? Anyone? Do you just email them? Or do you need to call? I think the wait is a bit too long for me :P
    11-10-2012 07:21 AM
    I used the contact us form and quoted my order number - was cancelled and refunded within an hour.
    Cancelled on Tuesday when it was apparant I missed the first batch and I couldn't wait any longer. lol
    11-10-2012 07:23 AM
    Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
    The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)
    Black handset? Also did you have the sim inserted before powering on the device?
    11-10-2012 07:39 AM
    11-10-2012 07:40 AM
    Black handset? Also did you have the sim inserted before powering on the device?
    Yes mate black one.
    Had my 3 sim card in when turned on for first time.
    Uninstalled some German TV, Football, Hotel and travel apps.
    11-10-2012 07:47 AM
    Can you post the Carrier and Firmware revision number when you get a chance? Cheers...
    11-10-2012 07:48 AM
    I went today to a local Saturn store to see what they have, there was a black 920 on display but nothing in stock and nothing for sale. The price was 599 . They also couldn't tell me when they will get new batches delivered.

The root of the problem are not the stores and not the distributor in between, it is clearly Nokia not being able to cover the demand and what they provided on the market really is a joke considering the hype that is going on for a while already with the new Lumias. First I thought it might have been MS with the OS and therefore the reason to have the launch delayed to November but it seems that Nokia is even worse.

You probably also won't hear any bad news from phazeshifterz because of keeping the cancellation numbers low for cyberport. I consider cyberport actually as a shop with a high level of service, it is not their fault when Nokia and distributors promise to deliver early November but cannot after all, cyberport at least updates their stock information with a realistic outlook. Other shops just play around with their in stock information to gather orders which they are also not able to cover, at least I believe that and many folks in here described it pretty much this way.

It also makes sense that Nokia disliked cyberport's prices but what is really the reason? Nokia is not earning more on that but the shop does when the price is being raised, the only reason is to keep the impact low of not being able to deliver as less people order at higher prices.

Anyway, I hope my red 920 order will be sent out by the end of next week, I really want to have that phone to make good snapshots on my Asia trip soon and will overthink and probably cancel my order when I won't get a shipping message by the end of next week. Will then also look forward to see some nice Samsung or HTC Windows phones which can compete from a technical and quality perspective and which will maybe even be produced in Taiwan or Korea.

Nokia would be a perfect case study, not only because of their innovation gap over the last years to keep the leading position or even to just keep up with the competition but also from a logistics and supply chain perspective with the new Lumias.

Really hope for us that cyberport are getting enough batches by the end of next week.
    11-10-2012 07:50 AM
    os 8.0.9903.10
    Firmware revision - 1232.2109.1242.1001
    Hardware revision - 1.0.0.0
    Radio - 1.0.2020413
    SOC Version - 8960

I am using a 3 UK sim card in this bad boy
    11-10-2012 07:52 AM
527 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD