Lumia availability in germany

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting from Amazon.de as well, it's just annoying that they don't have a delivery date. I'm wondering as well if the yellow and red are going to take longer to arrive in the shops as Nokia don't appear to have done their research on this launch (guess that happens when you let your VP of Marketing go a month before the launch).

Yeah I'm a little surprised they haven't got concrete dates considering the reports all said the 5th and other DE stores are shipping them.

My only theory is that because of the slow trickle of stock, they are either building up or are only allocating once stock is definitely there, in which case there might be a **** of a wait :( I ordered on Thursday morning so I'm hoping I'll hear something within the next week or so...

It sounds at the moment like they're producing them in series in the order Black>White>Red>Cyan>Yellow so I presume the yellow stock won't be far behind...I really wanted grey, black was a second choice but that's ?25 more expensive which just tips it over ?500...so white it is!

ahaughey

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I used Telefrog - their prices have gone up a bit but I ordered on Tuesday, it shipped Wednesday and arrived today.
They ship via Hermes which is not the fastest carrier.

Glad to hear some of you guys are getting the 920. Being from Ireland I'm completely stuck as to where to get one of these lovely devices. I have noticed Telefrog still have some in stock on amazon Germany. I was just wondering what your experience was with them as I'm seriously considering placing an order with them, I'm assuming your based in the UK.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you at least seeing signs in the shops for WP8? I have seen none.

There's quite a few up in the Oxford stores, I also popped into the Virgin Media store and the chap there showed me their bulletin which said they'd be taking delivery of the HTCs next week :)

Any stores I see in London I'll have a look out for POS, but everyone around here seems to know the product and from my trials of them, they all seem a bit more clued up this week (even the guy in P4U was weirdly honest about the Lumia being locked down)

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear some of you guys are getting the 920. Being from Ireland I'm completely stuck as to where to get one of these lovely devices. I have noticed Telefrog still have some in stock on amazon Germany. I was just wondering what your experience was with them as I'm seriously considering placing an order with them, I'm assuming your based in the UK.

Much as I'd love to advise, Telefrog are charging almost ?800 (for the white at least)...I know it's sought after, but I (personally) don't think it's worth ?200 more than waiting for Amazon to get a date...

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Media Markt has it all!

Been to 3 Media Markt stores last week in Berlin, and all of them had heaps of the Lumia 920 in all colours. And I remember it was the same with the Lumia 800 when it was released last year.

So if you have a Media Markt or Saturn near you, go for it!

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Telefrog ship really quick...I ordered Tuesday night & it shipped Wednesday lunch..but delivery is slow... Arrived Saturday.
Prices keep going up though so up to you if you willing to take a hit or wait a few more days for other places to get stock....but then given the low quantities of stock around you might wait a while.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Been to 3 Media Markt stores last week in Berlin, and all of them had heaps of the Lumia 920 in all colours. And I remember it was the same with the Lumia 800 when it was released last year.

So if you have a Media Markt or Saturn near you, go for it!

There's both within 20 minute walk of Munich center. I will be there this morning :D

nikoskas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
any news from cyberport about the stock? tommorow clove is receiving stock and i start thinking of cancelling and ordering it from clove.co.uk

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a MediaMarkt/Saturn store around Koblenz/Bonn/K?ln/D?sseldorf/Oberhausen/Essen that does have a f***ing RED Lumia 920 on stock? I am sick and tired of this cluster**** of a launch! :((

Inso123

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
@sueha:

Just called both Media Markt stores in Aschaffenburg. Both Stores still have two red Lumias left. Unfortunately they don't offer a yellow one.. :(

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a MediaMarkt/Saturn store around Koblenz/Bonn/K?ln/D?sseldorf/Oberhausen/Essen that does have a f***ing RED Lumia 920 on stock? I am sick and tired of this cluster**** of a launch! :((

Just came back from Media Markt in Neukoln Arcaden (Berlin) and they definitely have it in white and black. Didn't see any red / yellow on the display but maybe they have these, just not on the display stands.

Maybe you should ask at your local store if they could send some?

bimoto

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today after work from the MediaMarkt in Dietzenbach near Frankfurt/Main for 597 ?. The black one appears to be the nicest as the glossy colours appear kind of like cheap plastic. Anyways, they had several phones in stock, black and white.

Will cancel my order of the red one at cyberport.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally succumbed to temptation today. Popped into an EE store on the way home and picked up their last black Lumia 920. Have to admit that the ?399 plus ?10 top up vs ~?495 import price finally swung it for me. I've got my Lumia and saved the better part of ?100, so I'm happy.

Took about 15 minutes to flash it with the CV UK firmware, although it's still locked to EE networks. As a T-Mobile customer that doesn't bother me for the three months I'll have to wait before I can have an unlock code generated for about ?15.

Have to say that the guys (and lady) in the EE shop were very relaxed and helpful - popping in 30 minutes before closing when there's no-one else in the store might be a useful tactic....

Cancelled my Cyberport order this evening so hopefully I've bumped one of you guys up the queue one place....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo