11-11-2012 12:12 PM
77 1234
tools
    Just checked and all my emails from EE show the original low price so it looks like i will escape the price increase.

Glad i ordered in advance now, turned out a cheap 12 month contract with a free charger with the added benefit of being in a 4G area.
    11-07-2012 02:30 AM
    Price increase is a joke. I'm out.

By the way, those getting an EE tariff from Phones4U, I don't think you can get 12 month. Only 24 months on their website.
    11-07-2012 02:37 AM
    Sounds like you got in there in the nick of time. I suspected something was up when the EE website kept crashing and the help line number didn't work when I attempted to finalise the deal....

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    11-07-2012 02:52 AM
    My order number is 1433 so I am guessing i am the 1,433 order for an EE contract.

Very low sign up rate if true.
    11-07-2012 03:07 AM
    Perhaps the price has gone up because nokia pulled out of the exclusivity deal? Haha, i wish..
    11-07-2012 03:11 AM
    My order number is 1433 so I am guessing i am the 1,433 order for an EE contract.

Hey I dont want you to get your hopes up too soon, from what i understand if you pre-order items and they have increased the price before actual release they are suppose to notify you of the price increase... double check with EE! Also reading news on Metro apparently alot of EE customers are complaining about the service =/... just giving you the heads up! Anyway you can always return!
    11-07-2012 03:16 AM
    I don't think EE will let you go ahead with the 'old' price if you have already ordered. The phone had not yet been sent out to customers and no contract has been entered into until the sim is activated or you sign the actual contract.

Also notice on the EE website the white 920 has changed from add to basket yesterday to pre order today.
    11-07-2012 03:29 AM
    Hey I dont want you to get your hopes up too soon, from what i understand if you pre-order items and they have increased the price before actual release they are suppose to notify you of the price increase... double check with EE! Also reading news on Metro apparently alot of EE customers are complaining about the service =/... just giving you the heads up! Anyway you can always return!
    If they try to increase the price i will argue my point but if they don't give in i will just cancel and wait for another cheap deal.

Hopefully they deliver the phone without getting a signature as it has happened to me before.
    11-07-2012 03:34 AM
    Don't know if this helps anyone...
    You can get it on T Mobile for 7.00 per month with an up front cost of 350.00 making total cost 518.00. Obviously the 7.00 per month gives you practically nothing. You'd use it just by looking at the phone. This pricing was confirmed in EE store. I don't know about the unlocking side at the moment though. If it doesn't cost much to unlock though you're free to go.
    11-07-2012 03:42 AM
    Hmmm... That's some BS right there if it jumps like that ffs!! I pre ordered in store here in Manchester last Saturday-and paid a 25 pre order for the privelage- I wonder if they'll honour the original plan cost... I suspect UrbanSplash may be correct..
    11-07-2012 03:55 AM
    What the **** is this?? 199 for the handset on the 1GB 12month plan? This is insane. We should all spam Nokia & EE on twitter for this insanity. Mega FLOP!
    11-07-2012 04:12 AM
    Will have to wait and see what they charge me but i had to phone them on the weekend yo confirm my order and they said all my details are correct and my order has been processed and i would receive the phone within 14 days.

Also had an email from them to confirm it along with the price of 19.99.

The email says "Welcome to EE.

Your order's winging its way to you right this minute so get ready to say hello to your new device.

Description Nokia Lumia 920 White
    Quantity 1
    Price 19.99

You'll get free delivery as standard on all online orders and we'll try our best to deliver within two working days providing your order is accepted before 17:00.

f you have selected the Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE we will aim to get your new phone to you within 3-5 working days. If you have selected an i-Phone 5 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 30 days. If you have ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 14 days. If you have ordered the Nokia Lumia 820 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 21 days."
    11-07-2012 04:32 AM
    I also pre-ordered on EE on friday night, I've checked my bank account since and they've already charged me the 19.99 cost for the phone so I figure thats what i'm paying for it, I hope!!

Just have to wait an see I suppose. But if they've accepted my payment for the phone and I'm just waiting to receive it surely that is a legally binding contract of sorts?

They can't re-charge you for something you've already paid for. Can they?
    11-07-2012 05:31 AM
    They can't charge you extra unless you agree to it but they can refund the money and cancel the order.
    11-07-2012 05:49 AM
    I love how you all in the UK actually add up the total cost, whereas in the US, all people seem to care about is the out the door price of the phone.
    Yeah us Brits like to count all the pennies but thats usually to work out how badly we get screwed on Tax & VAT. Gives us something else to moan about.
    11-07-2012 05:50 AM
    They can't charge you extra unless you agree to it but they can refund the money and cancel the order.
    Good point, just have to wait an see I suppose.

When I spoke to an EE guy over the phone on monday he said they should have the phones by this friday (9/11) and that they'd start shipping them out then so should get it early next week hopefully!
    11-07-2012 05:55 AM
    I also ordered online on Thurs and paid the 19.99 handset charge and received and email on Monday to say my order has completed and that the handset is on its way. I got a phone call from EE on Monday and they said the phone would be with me today (Wednesday). I phoned them to see if EE customers were getting the free wireless chargers, was told they had a 'few thousand' for the first customers and as my order # is 3041 I would definitely be getting one. While I was on the phone I checked the delivery date and was told that its not being released until Friday 9th and wouldn't be sent out until then.

So much BS from EE and now this price increase! Just contacted them again to clarify the situation over the price increase and was told that as my order has already been completed, the 19.99 would be the price I would pay. I asked for written confirmation but they were unable to give that, she said she would check with the sales team and get back to me.

I have no confidence whatsoever in EE and I am beginning to regret this decision to move from O2, the only saving grace is that it is only a 12 month contract.

Update: Yet more conflicting information from EE. They have just phoned back to confirm the price of 19.99 was all I would be paying but then dropped the bombshell that the delivery has been delayed by another 14 days! :mad: No explanation why, just that the release date is delayed.
    Last edited by sudakoma; 11-07-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: More information added
    11-07-2012 06:04 AM
    On looking at the 'revised' EE prices, I was going to go for the 12 month 8GB, which has increased by 50 for the handset. Not too bad I suppose....
    11-07-2012 06:09 AM
    I also ordered online on Thurs and paid the 19.99 handset charge and received and email on Monday to say my order has completed and that the handset is on its way. I got a phone call from EE on Monday and they said the phone would be with me today (Wednesday). I phoned them to see if EE customers were getting the free wireless chargers, was told they had a 'few thousand' for the first customers and as my order # is 3041 I would definitely be getting one. While I was on the phone I checked the delivery date and was told that its not being released until Friday 9th and wouldn't be sent out until then.

So much BS from EE and now this price increase! Just contacted them again to clarify the situation over the price increase and was told that as my order has already been completed, the 19.99 would be the price I would pay. I asked for written confirmation but they were unable to give that, she said she would check with the sales team and get back to me.

I have no confidence whatsoever in EE and I am beginning to regret this decision to move from O2, the only saving grace is that it is only a 12 month contract.

Update: Yet more conflicting information from EE. They have just phoned back to confirm the price of 19.99 was all I would be paying but then dropped the bombshell that the delivery has been delayed by another 14 days! :mad: No explanation why, just that the release date is delayed.
    Not a great thing that we have to wait for the phone for even longer...but I suppose its better than having to pay 140 extra for the phone in the first place!!
    11-07-2012 06:13 AM

Don't ask for a source because you ain't going to get one - at the moment, sales (including pre-orders) of the 920 are sub-500 in the UK via Phones4u.
    11-07-2012 07:27 AM
    According to the store I just called that I pre-ordered in(EE Manchester), I am still guaranteed a 920 but.... the plan that I and others saw, has been erased from EE's memory... 19.99 for 24m and 160 for the original 12m plan I wanted. Damn. Still, with Christmas round the corner I could (painfully) justify it to myself. The whole shebang stinks though. A device for 19.99 was too good to be true.... fml.
    11-07-2012 08:25 AM
    Don't ask for a source because you ain't going to get one - at the moment, sales (including pre-orders) of the 920 are sub-500 in the UK via Phones4u.
    In other news, and don't ask for a source, the moon is made of green cheese.:P
    11-07-2012 09:03 AM
    Just had a call from EE Telesales as i called them last week as there seemed to be a problem with the web order not going through properly, the 1st person i spoke to took my number to call me back as she could not find the web order. the 2nd guy could find the web order but could not / would not proceed as the identity check system was not working properly so i told him to cancel it.

The call tonight was to reorder the 920 on a 12 month contract ( i choose the 3GB one at 56 per month) and only paid 19.99 for the phone she did quote me up to 14 days delivery

so fingers crossed that the order goes OK this time.

Been playing about with a HTC 8X and was going to keep that till they were available simfree so this will be returned now.

M
    11-07-2012 02:29 PM
    Mortified by the price increases. Looks like they put the decimal point in the wrong place.

I was actually considering a 12 month contract, nice to see them again.

Is the increase due to demand, is it so high that they feel they can charge what they want? I tend to think it is an error on someone's part.
    11-07-2012 04:04 PM
    Hi,

Just to let you all know, you can still get the phone for 19.99 rather than pay the increased prices.

Here's what I did to get it today 8.11.2012:

I called T-mobile customer support and asked about their 12 months Full monty plan for 21. (It's on a special down from 31 atm).

I asked about the speeds of 3G if they are offering 42Mbit or 21Mbit and general chit chat, at which point the customer representative told me if I wouldn't want to get 4G. She seemed very much set to get me on 4G contract.

I told her that I was going to sign up for the 12months EE contract with 3GB of data for 56 and Nokia Lumia 920 for 19.99. But just yesterday I found out that the prices went up preposterously to about 150. This makes it a deal breaker, because it's just too expensive on already expensive plan.

I told her that I went couple times into the EE shop last week and this week to enquire about the Lumia 920 release date and that I was told to wait till next Friday which is the release date. I wanted to get the phone asap from the store and didn't want to wait for preorder for next 2 weeks. I told her I was on the list of people interested in getting the Lumia 920 in the EE store, which is suppose to call me on Friday when they get some stock.

But because now the prices went up just 2 days before the release I don't want to pay that sign up for the deal anymore.

At this point she told me that she might be able to do something for me because I was quoted the prices multiple times via EE store and phone line before the price increase. She needed to speak to her manager and after she came back, they offered me 19.99 for the phone rather than 150!!!

It took a time but I genuinely believe that if somebody wants one, now is the time to try to call the customer support and talk his way through to the massive 130 discount.

Hope it helps and more people can get the Nokia Lumia 920 for this "cheap" price.
    11-08-2012 08:15 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD