EE's Lumia 920 Pricing (Full Breakdown & Actual Pricing)

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Any news on when Orange or T-Mobile might be getting it?

Well on the Orange website lumia 920, lumia 820 and htc 8x are now listed as 'coming soon' but thats all for now you can register your email to be notified when available, also i think in 2weeks time they will have it. i had an online chat with orange but he/she didnt seem so sure!

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, they have put the price up on the 12 month contract from ?19.99 to ?159.99!

It will be interesting to see if they try and charge me that new insane price.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, they have put the price up on the 12 month contract from ?19.99 to ?159.99!

It will be interesting to see if they try and charge me that new insane price.

It is now ?129 on a 24 month plan! This is crazy, the 920 is sure to flop at those prices.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Just incase anyone hasn't noticed and is planning to buy, it looks like EE have upped the price of the lumia 920 on a 12 month contract by quite a substantial margin.

This puts it out of my price range, which is really annoying. Anyone aware of any alternatives, maybe an orange or T-Mobile contract, if its coming out on those. The 8X is looking like a better option, especially considering the price on the other networks.

I am livid. I pre-ordered the 920 via P4U on the 12 month/1 gig data/?51 pm plan and EE came back after 3 days and said the application was unsuccessful - no reason given. Well, it seems we have our reason now!
P4U weren't much better. They didn't even have the decency to let me know!

I pretty much had it with this ludicrous exclusive mess the 920 is limited to. The Samsung ATIV S is starting to call.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Just checked and all my emails from EE show the original low price so it looks like i will escape the price increase.

Glad i ordered in advance now, turned out a cheap 12 month contract with a free charger with the added benefit of being in a 4G area.

Urban Splash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Price increase is a joke. I'm out.

By the way, those getting an EE tariff from Phones4U, I don't think you can get 12 month. Only 24 months on their website.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you got in there in the nick of time. I suspected something was up when the EE website kept crashing and the help line number didn't work when I attempted to finalise the deal....

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My order number is 1433 so I am guessing i am the 1,433 order for an EE contract.

Very low sign up rate if true.
Hey I dont want you to get your hopes up too soon, from what i understand if you pre-order items and they have increased the price before actual release they are suppose to notify you of the price increase... double check with EE! Also reading news on Metro apparently alot of EE customers are complaining about the service =/... just giving you the heads up! Anyway you can always return!

Urban Splash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think EE will let you go ahead with the 'old' price if you have already ordered. The phone had not yet been sent out to customers and no contract has been entered into until the sim is activated or you sign the actual contract.

Also notice on the EE website the white 920 has changed from add to basket yesterday to pre order today.

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey I dont want you to get your hopes up too soon, from what i understand if you pre-order items and they have increased the price before actual release they are suppose to notify you of the price increase... double check with EE! Also reading news on Metro apparently alot of EE customers are complaining about the service =/... just giving you the heads up! Anyway you can always return!

If they try to increase the price i will argue my point but if they don't give in i will just cancel and wait for another cheap deal.

Hopefully they deliver the phone without getting a signature as it has happened to me before.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this helps anyone...
You can get it on T Mobile for ?7.00 per month with an up front cost of ?350.00 making total cost ?518.00. Obviously the ?7.00 per month gives you practically nothing. You'd use it just by looking at the phone. This pricing was confirmed in EE store. I don't know about the unlocking side at the moment though. If it doesn't cost much to unlock though you're free to go.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... That's some BS right there if it jumps like that ffs!! I pre ordered in store here in Manchester last Saturday-and paid a ?25 pre order for the privelage- I wonder if they'll honour the original plan cost... I suspect UrbanSplash may be correct..

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
What the **** is this?? ?199 for the handset on the 1GB 12month plan? This is insane. We should all spam Nokia & EE on twitter for this insanity. Mega FLOP!

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Will have to wait and see what they charge me but i had to phone them on the weekend yo confirm my order and they said all my details are correct and my order has been processed and i would receive the phone within 14 days.

Also had an email from them to confirm it along with the price of ?19.99.

The email says "Welcome to EE.

Your order's winging its way to you right this minute so get ready to say hello to your new device.

Description Nokia Lumia 920 White
Quantity 1
Price ?19.99

You'll get free delivery as standard on all online orders and we'll try our best to deliver within two working days providing your order is accepted before 17:00.

f you have selected the Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE we will aim to get your new phone to you within 3-5 working days. If you have selected an i-Phone 5 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 30 days. If you have ordered the Nokia Lumia 920 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 14 days. If you have ordered the Nokia Lumia 820 we will aim to get your new phone to you within 21 days."

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I also pre-ordered on EE on friday night, I've checked my bank account since and they've already charged me the ?19.99 cost for the phone so I figure thats what i'm paying for it, I hope!!

Just have to wait an see I suppose. But if they've accepted my payment for the phone and I'm just waiting to receive it surely that is a legally binding contract of sorts?

They can't re-charge you for something you've already paid for. Can they?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love how you all in the UK actually add up the total cost, whereas in the US, all people seem to care about is the out the door price of the phone.

Yeah us Brits like to count all the pennies but thats usually to work out how badly we get screwed on Tax & VAT. Gives us something else to moan about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss