EE's Lumia 920 Pricing (Full Breakdown & Actual Pricing)

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They can't charge you extra unless you agree to it but they can refund the money and cancel the order.
Good point, just have to wait an see I suppose.

When I spoke to an EE guy over the phone on monday he said they should have the phones by this friday (9/11) and that they'd start shipping them out then so should get it early next week hopefully!

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I also ordered online on Thurs and paid the ?19.99 handset charge and received and email on Monday to say my order has completed and that the handset is on its way. I got a phone call from EE on Monday and they said the phone would be with me today (Wednesday). I phoned them to see if EE customers were getting the free wireless chargers, was told they had a 'few thousand' for the first customers and as my order # is 3041 I would definitely be getting one. While I was on the phone I checked the delivery date and was told that its not being released until Friday 9th and wouldn't be sent out until then.

So much BS from EE and now this price increase! Just contacted them again to clarify the situation over the price increase and was told that as my order has already been completed, the ?19.99 would be the price I would pay. I asked for written confirmation but they were unable to give that, she said she would check with the sales team and get back to me.

I have no confidence whatsoever in EE and I am beginning to regret this decision to move from O2, the only saving grace is that it is only a 12 month contract. :confused:

Update: Yet more conflicting information from EE. They have just phoned back to confirm the price of ?19.99 was all I would be paying but then dropped the bombshell that the delivery has been delayed by another 14 days! :mad: No explanation why, just that the release date is delayed.

Last edited:

Urban Splash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
On looking at the 'revised' EE prices, I was going to go for the 12 month 8GB, which has increased by ?50 for the handset. Not too bad I suppose....

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I also ordered online on Thurs and paid the ?19.99 handset charge and received and email on Monday to say my order has completed and that the handset is on its way. I got a phone call from EE on Monday and they said the phone would be with me today (Wednesday). I phoned them to see if EE customers were getting the free wireless chargers, was told they had a 'few thousand' for the first customers and as my order # is 3041 I would definitely be getting one. While I was on the phone I checked the delivery date and was told that its not being released until Friday 9th and wouldn't be sent out until then.

So much BS from EE and now this price increase! Just contacted them again to clarify the situation over the price increase and was told that as my order has already been completed, the ?19.99 would be the price I would pay. I asked for written confirmation but they were unable to give that, she said she would check with the sales team and get back to me.

I have no confidence whatsoever in EE and I am beginning to regret this decision to move from O2, the only saving grace is that it is only a 12 month contract. :confused:

Update: Yet more conflicting information from EE. They have just phoned back to confirm the price of ?19.99 was all I would be paying but then dropped the bombshell that the delivery has been delayed by another 14 days! :mad: No explanation why, just that the release date is delayed.
Not a great thing that we have to wait for the phone for even longer...but I suppose its better than having to pay ?140 extra for the phone in the first place!!

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My order number is 1433 so I am guessing i am the 1,433 order for an EE contract.

Very low sign up rate if true.

Don't ask for a source because you ain't going to get one - at the moment, sales (including pre-orders) of the 920 are sub-500 in the UK via Phones4u.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
According to the store I just called that I pre-ordered in(EE Manchester), I am still guaranteed a 920 but.... the plan that I and others saw, has been erased from EE's memory... ?19.99 for 24m and ?160 for the original 12m plan I wanted. Damn. Still, with Christmas round the corner I could (painfully) justify it to myself. The whole shebang stinks though. A device for ?19.99 was too good to be true.... fml.

Mikeyglw

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just had a call from EE Telesales as i called them last week as there seemed to be a problem with the web order not going through properly, the 1st person i spoke to took my number to call me back as she could not find the web order. the 2nd guy could find the web order but could not / would not proceed as the identity check system was not working properly so i told him to cancel it.

The call tonight was to reorder the 920 on a 12 month contract ( i choose the 3GB one at ?56 per month) and only paid ?19.99 for the phone she did quote me up to 14 days delivery

so fingers crossed that the order goes OK this time.

Been playing about with a HTC 8X and was going to keep that till they were available simfree so this will be returned now.

M

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Mortified by the price increases. Looks like they put the decimal point in the wrong place.

I was actually considering a 12 month contract, nice to see them again.

Is the increase due to demand, is it so high that they feel they can charge what they want? I tend to think it is an error on someone's part.

repask

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Just to let you all know, you can still get the phone for 19.99 rather than pay the increased prices.

Here's what I did to get it today 8.11.2012:

I called T-mobile customer support and asked about their 12 months Full monty plan for 21?. (It's on a special down from 31? atm).

I asked about the speeds of 3G if they are offering 42Mbit or 21Mbit and general chit chat, at which point the customer representative told me if I wouldn't want to get 4G. She seemed very much set to get me on 4G contract.

I told her that I was going to sign up for the 12months EE contract with 3GB of data for 56? and Nokia Lumia 920 for 19.99?. But just yesterday I found out that the prices went up preposterously to about 150?. This makes it a deal breaker, because it's just too expensive on already expensive plan.

I told her that I went couple times into the EE shop last week and this week to enquire about the Lumia 920 release date and that I was told to wait till next Friday which is the release date. I wanted to get the phone asap from the store and didn't want to wait for preorder for next 2 weeks. I told her I was on the list of people interested in getting the Lumia 920 in the EE store, which is suppose to call me on Friday when they get some stock.

But because now the prices went up just 2 days before the release I don't want to pay that sign up for the deal anymore.

At this point she told me that she might be able to do something for me because I was quoted the prices multiple times via EE store and phone line before the price increase. She needed to speak to her manager and after she came back, they offered me 19.99 for the phone rather than 150?!!!

It took a time but I genuinely believe that if somebody wants one, now is the time to try to call the customer support and talk his way through to the massive 130? discount.

Hope it helps and more people can get the Nokia Lumia 920 for this "cheap" price.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. That was pretty much my exact situation. I will be arguing my case in store when I go to collect it. Im doing it instore with EE, and migrating from Orange. Need to settle this. The increase is horrific.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. That was pretty much my exact situation. I will be arguing my case in store when I go to collect it. Im doing it instore with EE, and migrating from Orange. Need to settle this. The increase is horrific.

I also have been considering the 12 month plan. I didn't leave my number with the store though, although I can guarantee that the know my face, they must think I am stalking them.

I just phoned Orange, they state that the phone is not on their systems and has not been released by them. The lady was really helpful and tried to assist. I asked, about the ee plans and she went off to ask someone and then said it was not on the ee system either. She said they should be launching in the next week or so.

The whole thing about this product has been a bit dire. From any early announcement and then this lengthy wait. I thought it would be in the shops within days of the Windows 8 launch.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Was driving me potty, so I did some surfing. Went on ee site, they direct you to use the 150 number to call. Did that, got through to ee. They offered me some price plans and I advised that the prices I had been quoted before were way lower. The lady said the prices had not changed and advised that I was mistaken. I said I wasn't and she went to speak to a manager. She came back and said they could not offer it at a lower price.

Last edited:

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you swear at the telesales operator? Not a smart move in any transaction to swear as it makes the other party look at you in a negative light and shows a lack of manners and limited vocabulary.

For your information they still show the old EE rates on the Nokia uk site.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OMG, sorry, predictive text. No, I did not and would not swear at them. Not my style and not fair on them.

I was really pleasant, as ever. She did speak to me like I was wrong and had been mistaken. I assured her many times that I was not. But no swearing from either of us LOL.

I will edit my post.

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
You could try ringing again until you have a different telesales operator as it sometimes depends on whether you have a helpful one.

It is the same with sky, ring up and one operator will say no to a free upgrade, ring back and another will say yes.

Good luck.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I sat on hold for 40 minutes to Orange, can't see me repeating that in a hurry. When I called ee I got through within 3 mins. Their priorities are definitely to herd people to ee. 4G.

I have left my details on the P4U website again, not holding out much hope though as I suspect that the price you see is the price you pay. ?139 upfront on a ?28.50pm price plan is just a little more than I can justify.

As for the ee plans, it seems it is all about average monthly customer spend. It looks good to shareholders if each user spends even a fraction more per month.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For your information they still show the old EE rates on the Nokia uk site.

Sadly, this isn't true, not for the 12 month plans anyway. The cheapest handset price on a 12 month EE contract is ?69.99 at ?66.00 per month. The EE handset and tarriff price as of this time last week was the ?19.99 handset cost on any 12 month plan. Hense why people like myself pre-ordered with such an attractive offer on the table. Really trying to resist another 24 month plan...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had, I travelled in to all the stores many times. Bugger all chance I will get it now. So annoyed at ee for this.

I don't even reckon it is worth a call to complain.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey man, as it stands tonight? I may have a pre order but...... don't know when im even getting this phone, only that whenever that day comes, its going to be a shedload more expensive than it was less than a week ago.. You my friend, are in a better position than me lol. And btw? ALWAYS complain. These massive companies will only improve if we do en masse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99