In this video you can see that the live tiles are divided by category, such as games and media.

Is this a new feature? I don't remember it being announced.

Gaichuke and tissotti like this.
    10-30-2012 10:25 AM
    In this video you can see that the live tiles are divided by category, such as games and media.

Is this a new feature? I don't remember it being announced.

... oh that's great. Been wanting that ever since of first WP.
    How in **** they didn't show this at all on the release?
    10-30-2012 10:37 AM
    i don't remember it either. makes sense though. if you can organize your live tiles in Windows 8 why not in WIndows Phone 8 as well?
    10-30-2012 10:46 AM
    i don't remember it either. makes sense though. if you can organize your live tiles in Windows 8 why not in WIndows Phone 8 as well?
    It makes total sense and since the announcement of WP8 i have been wondering why it wasn't there.
    I know many have wanted this feature, including me.
    10-30-2012 10:48 AM
    How it is even possible that the 8X reviewers missed this one?

Could this be Lumia exclusive feature?
    Last edited by Gaichuke; 10-30-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    10-30-2012 11:52 AM
    False alert. Just did a marketplace search, and it looks like they may be using this app: My Tiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-30-2012 12:14 PM
    False alert. Just did a marketplace search, and it looks like they may be using this app: My Tiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    There's hope it's the real deal still. That app seems to be just empty tile with text, what we saw on the above does not seem to just add black tile with text. The spacing isn't right.

10-30-2012 12:39 PM
    I don't mind if that's a 3rd party app feature - it looks great.
    10-30-2012 12:51 PM
    There's hope it's the real deal still. That app seems to be just empty tile with text, what we saw on the above does not seem to just add black tile with text. The spacing isn't right.

Nah, its that app - the smaller gap is just that its using the new smallest tile size.
    10-30-2012 12:54 PM
    Nah, its that app - the smaller gap is just that its using the new smallest tile size.
    Seems like surur from WMpoweruser also confirmed this. He was on the event and saw the presenter using it.

Too bad, though maybe that app is now more useful thanks to those smaller tiles.
    10-30-2012 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD