11-06-2012 03:48 PM
70 123
tools
    I'm getting the feeling this guy is full of it. From what I have read Rogers will be releasing the 920 on November 12th. Which is the Monday after the day I have been told it will come to AT&T.
    aubreyq likes this.
    10-30-2012 12:07 PM
    I'm getting the feeling this guy is full of it. From what I have read Rogers will be releasing the 920 on November 12th. Which is the Monday after the day I have been told it will come to AT&T.
    It has a Canada-wide release of Nov 12, but many Rogers stores in Canada are getting 5-10 devices in today and tomorrow.

"Rogers Plus store in Montreal (Peel st and St Catherines) got 5 920′s in today, i managed to grab one of them!"
    "I called Rogers store in Waterloo. They said they would indeed have some lumia 920 late this afternoon!"
    "So I called my local Rogers Plus store here in Windsor and they confirmed they are one of the select stores and they should be getting the phones in today…..at some point"
    "my girlfriend is enroute to the store to pick mine up! I called and they said they received the phones this morning. Select stores do indeed have them available."

These are all comments from an article on MobileSyrup. I know it isn't 100% proof, but I'm leaning towards the fact that it's probably true...
    10-30-2012 12:09 PM
    Congrats! At least now we know there's no problem with these devices that prevents them from being announced in the US.
    10-30-2012 12:11 PM
    Well someone on a german speaking forum already got his from france and pics to prove as well. So just chill people. The phones are definitely coming out.
    10-30-2012 12:11 PM
    It has a Canada-wide release of Nov 12, but many Rogers stores in Canada are getting 5-10 devices in today and tomorrow.
    Who's buying them? I have yet to find any other evidence of someone else getting one today.
    10-30-2012 12:12 PM
    Who's buying them? I have yet to find any other evidence of someone else getting one today.
    Rogers announces Nokia Lumia 920 going on sale tomorrow "in select stores" | MobileSyrup.com

scroll to the bottom and read some of the comments from this morning.
    10-30-2012 12:14 PM
    The pic link I posted is from my SkyDrive. The insert pic icon on this forum calls for a URL, the attach icon throws an error Suggestions?
    The pic link I posted is from my SkyDrive. The insert pic icon on this forum calls for a URL, the attach icon throws an error �� Suggestions?
    imgur.com
    Just checked all of the stores in Winnipeg. None have it... Although I've been hearing that lots of stores in Ontario have it.
    Can't say I'm surprised. They really need to roll out LTE here while they're at it.
    10-30-2012 12:16 PM
    Can't say I'm surprised. They really need to roll out LTE here while they're at it.
    Personally, I'd choose a plan without LTE. Cheaper and takes up less battery. I don't really need that extra speed and I don't want to be spending $80 a month after taxes and the other bull**** on top haha
    jmajid likes this.
    10-30-2012 12:18 PM
    Congrats! At least now we know there's no problem with these devices that prevents them from being announced in the US.
    Not necessarily true. The 920 that WP got yesterday was running pre-release software. Rogers and AT&T could also have different requirements. I'm not saying that it isn't ready for AT&T, but the two networks can be different in expectations/requirements.
    10-30-2012 12:19 PM
    I bought the phone in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I made some quick reviews in my car. Will be uploading them soon.

The store only had 2. I got the first 1. Wait a bit until my videos are up.

Phone is amazing!!!!!!! Off-contract price is $600+tax.
    Last edited by xsever; 10-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    10-30-2012 12:20 PM
    Yo Ib, congrats on your new Lumia and welcome to Windows Phone

Since nobody seems to actually be answering your question, I'll give you some starter tips:

Best YouTube app for WP: Metrotube
    If you want a Siri-like voice recognition app: Ask Ziggy is your woman
    Last.fm is Microsoft's brain child in the internet radio world
    Viber will give you sweet HD voice-calls
    and the best weather app is WeatherLive

This is just my opinion of course! As for the phones functionality, they've added and moved things around in WP8 so you'll need to let us know how THAT is.

Happy Lumia day!
    Thanks for the tips!
    10-30-2012 12:23 PM
    No picture no truth! Come on, boy! Show off your pictures!!
    10-30-2012 12:49 PM
    No picture no truth! Come on, boy! Show off your pictures!!
    [YT][/YT]

Getting the pictures off my camera as we speak. bare with me and check the forum as I will make a new thread.
    10-30-2012 12:51 PM
    lbcole - The best news reader for Windows Phone is Weave. Love that program. They just came out with a new update in the last few days that makes it even better than it was before.
    10-30-2012 12:57 PM
    Thats fantastic, still playing the waiting game here in the usa. Glad you like it thats a huge plus!
    10-30-2012 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the continual tips, all. Loving the new phone!!

The screen is amazing, super smooth and a joy to work with. I love the auto-completion option. Browsing is a bit different than I'm used to, there's no tab between form fields and you can't tap the top to go 'home'. Minor deets, all in all, a brilliant phone and no regrets over the jump to wp8!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express
    10-31-2012 08:38 AM
    Thanks for the continual tips, all. Loving the new phone!!

The screen is amazing, super smooth and a joy to work with. I love the auto-completion option. Browsing is a bit different than I'm used to, there's no tab between form fields and you can't tap the top to go 'home'. Minor deets, all in all, a brilliant phone and no regrets over the jump to wp8!

Good to know you are a happy user.

May I ask though, what are the sort of apps you are used to on the iPhone?
    10-31-2012 08:56 AM
    Good to know you are a happy user.

May I ask though, what are the sort of apps you are used to on the iPhone?
    To answer your question, I enjoyed the Contacts/Google Maps integration on my iPhone. Used Google Maps extensively, and Gmail. So I never upgraded to iOS 6 because I didn't want to lose Google Maps. Other than that, it was mostly to browse, phone and tether to my tablet.

I love the people hub/Facebook integration in WP8! And I've linked my Live and Google accounts, brilliant!
    10-31-2012 12:59 PM
    @ibcole and @xsever:
    thanks to the both of you - appreciate the posts and any other feedback y'all want to give about the phone.
    as you are probably aware, there are ALOT of people anxious to get information from real end users! I count myself as one of those people and STILL waiting to get any info on US based pricing and delivery...
    Xsever likes this.
    10-31-2012 01:25 PM
    Congrats for being the first of us non-editors here on WPCentral to have a WP8 device. Here are some apps I use:

WP7News
    WPCentral
    Netflix
    VeVo
    Kik
    TextMe
    Transit Chicago
    Mango Transit.
    Adobe Reader
    SkyDrive
    USA Today
    FFFFound
    Insider
    imdb
    Translator

The italicized apps I just use for their live tiles, I don't really use much apps as I find the built in functionality to be sufficient for my needs.

I don't believe anything until I get some pictures of the device.
    Why not? He's in Canada, some Rogers stores have already began WP sales as of 10/30.
    10-31-2012 05:53 PM
    How is your battery life?
    Congrats on the Lumia!!
    10-31-2012 07:42 PM
    i don't believe anything...
    lmao
    11-01-2012 12:37 AM
    Hey folks;

Just an update as my use of the phone, and WP8 evolves.

I love the smart typing. The OS guides your typing contextually and offers both auto correction, which I used to absolutely loathe on my iPhone, and guidance/suggestions while you type. In fact, I'm really becoming accustomed to the latter - using it now to post this - and it speeds my input tremendously, something I really appreciate considering my typing skills, or lack thereof.

Also love that the phone itself is tied to my Live account. So I'm already identified and authenticated don't have to continually re-authenticate every time I want to buy or do something Store related, among other things requiring the target system knowing who I am.

Brilliant!!

11-05-2012 06:24 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD