Proud Owner of a Lumia 920!

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Weight and size

Hello and thank you all for your posts!

How do you feel about the size and weight of the phone?
Is it easy to carry in your pocket? I may be buying a 920 for me and a 820 for my wife.
I can handle the larger size of the 920 but my wife think its to big to carry around at work.
How do you feel about that.

Today i use a Iphone4 and my wife uses a Iphone4s...

Charles

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not the OP, but I'll chip in about the size and weight. I'm a male in young 20s with fairly average hand (perhaps even less than average as I'm only 174cm tall which is probably shorter than average and hands probably go in some proportion) and I have no issues with the size or the weight.

Weight is a very personal preference, it's gonna be quite a culture shock for you at first coming from an iPhone that are generally speaking light, but the first thing that I thought when I held a 920 was "wow, this feels like a real solid device". Personally I prefer a bit heavier phones in general, so this may not apply to everyone, but for me the weight was only a positive thing.

More about the size, I could easily reach and operate the screen with one hand. I come from Nokia N8 which is a thick phone too, so the thickness was just "normal" to me. Once again might be a quite different experience for you at first.

As for the 820, sure it's a bit smaller, but then again fairly much inferior in specs to the 920. If your lady wants a high end phone, it would suck to settle with a 820. The best bet would be to try and get some hands on.. 920 is probably available before 820 anyways, so maybe your wife can get some hands on time to determine if its too big for her or not. It depends a lot on how you carry the phone. Like for me I carry it in jean pockets so weight isnt a problem there, but a friend likes to carry his phone in his blaser pocket and the blaser "gives in" much more than jeans with a belt, so for him the weight argument is a bit more valid.

marcinaldo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The main problem with the size and weight for me is that it is the main point of all discussions, reviews, etc. and due to this fact I cannot find information that would be really useful for me...

I've been trying to find information about sound quality since last week. There is also very little information about battery life (I know that it is early, but still), how video playback works, etc. Everything is around the weight which is not a big deal, but it is stealing all the conversations.

Oh well, I guess we need to wait till this gets old and then we can read some thoughts on other, more important functions of the phone.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya, device numbering doesn't make a whole lot if sense. Weird that.

Meanwhile, battery life. My typical use is a commute. Circumstances recently changed my 2+ public transit commute to <10 min drive, yay me!!!!

Either way, I tend to plug my device into my machine at work so I'm pretty well consistently fully charged. Over this first week, my perception is that there's a significant improvement in battery life over my old iPhone.

Weight, also significantly greater, even than my neighbour's Lumia 900. But I like that, makes me more comfortable as the device feels more substantial.

And loving the composite body/screen!!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12