Nokia Lumia 920 Review

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find these comparison shots in daylight of the 920 against the 8X? Because you wouldn't be so stupid to make that claim by comparing pictures taken at different times/location and under different circumstances would you?

No doubt. That would be almost as dumb as buying nokias camera hype just months after they overhyped their last camera.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
No doubt. That would be almost as dumb as buying nokias camera hype just months after they overhyped their last camera.

I don't care too much about the camera myself, might be nice to actually be able to take a picture during the dark winter, but I don't usually take pictures. I just hate people making claims without showing any evidence for it, that's why I am asking for the evidence. I do think many people will be disappointed by the camera since Nokia has been building up such a hype around it, that is human natur

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So according to the expertreviews review, the lack of detail is because of aggressive noise reduction. I'm not sure why it's like that, maybe because for the night shots despite the OIS, it still uses a high ISO (which causes noise) which the noise reduction is suppose to reduce at the expense of detail.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
CNET UK's review is up!
Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

Verdict: If you want to move into the world of Windows Phone 8, the Nokia Lumia 920 is the phone to get. With a stunning screen, smart design and some great included apps, it's the best way to experience the new operating system. Windows Phone isn't for you if you like apps though, and the 920's battery life is less than impressive. 4/5 Stars.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the camera will be fine if you're not expecting a dslr

We really wanted it to be better than the iPhone 5 though. And it is, with video recording and low light shots, but in daylight, the aggressive noise reduction seems to give its shots less detail than the iPhone 5's.

Still waiting for more review though.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This was meant to be the best phone camera, its disappointing that's its not especially after all the hype. The Verge will tear into this as they are very biased towards Apple's iPhone.

sammygs2

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This is why I never partake in hyping a product (pre release). Like I said in an earlier post this is just like the 900. The camera on that way hyped as amazing as well and while its a decent camera it is shunned because of high expectations. The iPhone has ALWAYS had a good camera. Phones now have more than caught up in most areas but it is an amazing camera on the 5 and phones alike (gs3, oneX anyone) They all have their strengths and weaknesses, I can confidently say no ones is going to out perform the 920 in lowlight but that's not all there is to the story. The 5 has an extremely well rounded camera and just because the 920 lacks the detail the 5 gives doesn't make it a lost cause. We can't have it all I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)