Nokia Lumia 920 Review

Idiocracy_izruts

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Two of the biggest tech blogs posted almost totally positive reviews of the Phone ( only bashing the Apps and overall ecosystem, but rhat's already a cliche). The verge and engadget ibcluded full galleries of awesome looking photos and videos taken with the 920 and still e erywhere i look in the supposed wp community forums all i see is utter dissapointment and "Omg camera is terrible" i really think there's something wrong with wp fans...cmon please someone tell me what's more to expect from a smartphone camera? I am the only one thinking thy are absolutely great overall and the whole plethora of threads about dissapointing camera are just ridiculos

Faux Carnival

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Two of the biggest tech blogs posted almost totally positive reviews of the Phone ( only bashing the Apps and overall ecosystem, but rhat's already a cliche). The verge and engadget ibcluded full galleries of awesome looking photos and videos taken with the 920 and still e erywhere i look in the supposed wp community forums all i see is utter dissapointment and "Omg camera is terrible" i really think there's something wrong with wp fans...cmon please someone tell me what's more to expect from a smartphone camera? I am the only one thinking thy are absolutely great overall and the whole plethora of threads about dissapointing camera are just ridiculos

It's just that it was advertised so highly... Yet iPhone 5 takes same quality photos, if not better. And it is a 1.5 month old phone.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that's exactly it. The expectations were enormously high, perhaps too high. Image stabilization and a wide aperture are great features, but ultimately the most critical part of any digital camera is the sensor. (And the photographer.)

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I think one thing these reviewers forgot to mention was how crappy the vibration on the 920 still is since the 900... :confused:

Nokia y u no fix!?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the engadget review, people need to calm down. The review unit they had was running pre-release software and not final software. As expected, engadget didn't disappoint and purposely didn't make that clear in their review article.

And whats also amazing is the iphone 5 was not included by engadget in the comparsion pictures with the Lumia 920 and the other devices. Probably they knew the iphone 5 would get trampled by the 920.

If the iphone 5 was used in the comparison pictures and it got beat by the 920 , there was no way engadget could make the negative comment about the daylight shots on the 920.

Engadget just like the verge cant be trusted when it comes to reviewing nokia phones. I have been down this road with them before with the Nokia N9 , N86 and N8. Its very well documented their biasness towards the iphone and against nokia. I got banned many times from engadget for pointing out certain things.

Guys don't take that review seriously.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That said, Engadget did show how Lumia 920 totally trumped every other phone out there in terms of video shooting due to the OIS and that sure was a legit review with both phones on the same "jig" at the same time side by side.

In fact, when Engadget was just doing those videos, I was actually thinking that Engadget is probably a bit Nokia-biased or something, but on the other hand this article is whole different again.

Perhaps this reviewer is a bit anti Nokia? Or just too pro-Apple?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That said, Engadget did show how Lumia 920 totally trumped every other phone out there in terms of video shooting due to the OIS and that sure was a legit review with both phones on the same "jig" at the same time side by side.

In fact, when Engadget was just doing those videos, I was actually thinking that Engadget is probably a bit Nokia-biased or something, but on the other hand this article is whole different again.

Perhaps this reviewer is a bit anti Nokia? Or just too pro-Apple?

Even Gsmarena and my nokia blog called them out for the botched review of the N8

The Truth about engadget's Nokia N8 versus iPhone 4 : My Nokia Blog

Nokia N8 gets lots of stick in early reviews, we wonder why - GSMArena.com news

Last edited:

Idiocracy_izruts

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually expectations were set high by people in blogs who didn't really know anything about digital photography and started daydreaming that nokia is a magic factory that somehow managed to stick a DSLR into the sleek polycarbonate. Nokia didn't say that even in the overblown commercial rhetoric. What they said was generally " with a phone camera people like to shoot videos and take drunken party pictures, well here's the only phone camera that does those two things, and still takes normal daylight pictures." consider me sold. Two situations, two solutions, simple as that. When someone considers himself a tech bug, and goes to sites to rant one product and go crazy over another product, one should at least know where technology stands these days and what's possible and what not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital