11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Hey xsever, can you please take a night or low light shot of a room with its lowest ISO? =) do post the results!

and thanks for what you are doing. =D
    11-01-2012 09:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture or video that highlights where the better screen resolution really kicks in, whether its in small text on the browser or pictures etc?
    It's in the overall experience really. I am coming from a Lumia 900 and I can see a big difference in terms of picture clarity, vibrant colors that really look like they're going to pop at you, and smoothness in terms of flow and navigation.

This is going to be a day-and-night difference for you coming from the HTC.

As for the size, Nokia did a very good job with the curved glass and the whole phone's structure and corners. It really fits perfectly in the hand. With the big extra weight, fits even better than the 900.

They really utilized every millimeter of the body to fit that screen while still keeping the dimensions very very close to the 900's.
    Muessig likes this.
    11-01-2012 09:46 AM
    New picture of a colored napkin has been added to Skydrive: http://sdrv.ms/Y73WOy
    davedavedavedave likes this.
    11-01-2012 09:52 AM
    The super sensitive display does work, and yes, I tried it with gloves and it's fine. I didn't try keys or metalic objects as I didn't purchase it (I considered it, but didn't want to make a rushed decision), but it is more sensitive.
    Are you saying they let you open the box and play with a phone you didn't buy (and then selling it to someone else as "new"), or did they have a demo unit?
    11-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quick notes/answers:
    6.Mobile Network setting has add internet apn and mms apn
    [/B]
    Just saw your post and noticed this. Thank you so much for confirming this as it was a pain point in 7.5! The Nokia Network Profile App in 7.5 was released only to specific countries and not available to us Canadians for some reason.
    Xsever likes this.
    11-01-2012 11:23 AM
    The videos you posted day or night have horrid white ballance, it changes every few seconds! That is unacceptable so please record something outdoors or indoors and take the auto white balance off & use the appropriate balance setting please.
    Xsever likes this.
    11-01-2012 11:38 AM
    New picture of a colored napkin has been added to Skydrive: http://sdrv.ms/Y73WOy
    I don't know how this one looked in person, but with a bit of editing you can bring some "life" to it..it might be too much, but there is potential. I really like the fact that they made the effort to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio.. bravo

Xsever and MAERSK like this.
    11-01-2012 12:13 PM
    Thanks for all the information and vids xsev but I meant high contrast under settings > ease of access with light/dark theme

11-01-2012 12:19 PM
    Do you have any live music stored on your 920? Can you confirm whether or not there is gapless playback?
    11-01-2012 12:22 PM
    I'd like to find out if games load any faster on WP8.
    Would you be able to download the Plants vs. Zombies demo and make a video of the loading times? It is one of the longer loading games on Windows Phone.
    11-01-2012 02:25 PM
    I saw in one of your videos that a default option is continuous focus is on. Have you ever taken a photo with that off? I wonder if that will blunt some of the perceived problems of the phone.
    11-01-2012 02:34 PM
    This probably just betrays my newbie-ness but, does the 920 work with a bluetooth keyboard? Have you had a chance to test it out?

It seems with such a big screen it might be nice to have a bt keyboard for it. Plus, I have an iPad and am hoping to upgrade to a Surface Pro this spring so I have been looking to get a new keyboard

(I have the Apple bt keyboard but I hate HATE! how I have to hold the power button down to turn it on. I always have to go through like 5 min of wondering if it is on or not before it finally connects.)

Thanks again for all your hard work answering our questions, Xsever. Hopefully we will get an actual release down here in the states on the 9th so we can stop pestering you! :)
    11-01-2012 05:36 PM
    11-01-2012 05:41 PM
    11-01-2012 05:42 PM
    Regardless of the optical image stabilization colour temperature on this phone will always be different and changing constantly while video recording & even picture taking just as I thought and this review tells it like it is, here is a part of it

"Low light pictures on the Lumia 920 not only appear brighter, theyre also well detailed and exhibit little noise. While photography purists will appreciate Nokias restrained post-processing which may make photos appear muted in comparison to the typically oversaturated results you get from other phones theyll be less enthused about the 920s automatic white balance. Taking three shots of the same scene can sometimes produce as many as three different color temperatures: a beige coffee table appeared rosy in one image, a greenish yellow in the next, and the perfect pale taupe in the third. This same issue is apparent during video capture as well, with the camera sometimes tinting the entire scene into a new palette as it determines a new color balance."

Nokia Lumia 920 review | The Verge
    11-01-2012 06:08 PM
    Thanks for your review. I've seen your vids and it really doesn't seem that there is a built-in VPN client, is it?

I've read something about "DirectAccess" (a VPN-less VPN-solution). Are there settings?
    11-01-2012 06:22 PM
    I saw in one of your videos that a default option is continuous focus is on. Have you ever taken a photo with that off? I wonder if that will blunt some of the perceived problems of the phone.
    New sets of videos being uploaded right now with various recording settings. Stay tuned.

This probably just betrays my newbie-ness but, does the 920 work with a bluetooth keyboard? Have you had a chance to test it out?
    Will try my HP Touchpad BT Keyboard later on and let you know.
    11-01-2012 07:05 PM
    New sets of videos being uploaded as we speak testing the video in light and dark areas with different settings: White Balance set to Fluorescent inside, another one but with AF OFF, and a night driving one with AF OFF.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by xsever; 11-01-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    11-01-2012 07:07 PM
    New sets of videos being uploaded as we speak testing the video in light and dark areas with different settings: White Balance set to Fluorescent inside, another one but with AF OFF, and a night driving one with AF OFF.

Stay tuned.

Did you find a Bell or Telus sim card to have a try in your new toll?
    11-01-2012 07:22 PM
    Did you find a Bell or Telus sim card to have a try in your new toll?
    I found a couple but they weren't micro sims. 95% of people and friends I know are on Rogers or Fido :(
    11-01-2012 07:25 PM
    New Video: White Balance at Fluorescent Inside
    Last edited by xsever; 11-01-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    TerranIV likes this.
    11-01-2012 07:55 PM
    NEW Various pictures taken today inside and outside: http://sdrv.ms/StOVCl
    TerranIV likes this.
    11-01-2012 07:59 PM
    More videos coming tomorrow as I have a midterm to study for.

Stay tuned for Auto Focus OFF video inside with light and outside in dark.
    11-01-2012 08:42 PM
    Hi xsever, your photos videos and text have been very informative, thanks for all your time and effort. I am an iPhone user for 4 years and ill be moving from the 4S to the lumia 920 as soon as I can get my hands on one. I am prepared for a huge increase in terms of screen size, but according to specs I have found the lumia is 10.7 mm to my 4S 9.3 mm. This surprises me as pictures of the lumia make it look quite thick, I'm wondering if the curve may be responsible for making it look wider than it is. Can you maybe comment on the size and how portable it is? I am most concerned about how it will fit in a jeans pocket as that is usually part of my daily wardrobe. Thanks again!
    11-01-2012 09:00 PM
    Sorry, I should specify those measurements I posted are thickness/depth as that's what I'm inquiring about
    11-01-2012 09:01 PM
500 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD