11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Wpcentral Canadian readers, don't take this a wrong way, but Canada feels such a random country to receive Windows Phone 8 and Lumia 920 first.
    lol, seriously :P

If somebody can, please tell what the sensitivity settings are all about.
    It's in the settings on the phone. Watch the review on his youtube channel, um part 3 i think. See original post.
    tissotti likes this.
    10-30-2012 06:07 PM
    I refused to be considered an easterner. Winnipeg had a couple in stock today too.
    Where'd you find one in Winnipeg?!?! I called all the stores and they said they had none.
    10-30-2012 06:10 PM
    Wpcentral Canadian readers, don't take this a wrong way, but Canada feels such a random country to receive Windows Phone 8 and Lumia 920 first.
    im going to take it the wrong way, errrr, *starts growling @ tissotti*

:P

anyway, i wonder why Rogers didn't update their website, saw this post then went to check their site for info/promo (wishful thinking) and alas it's not there??
    10-30-2012 06:35 PM
    Isn't 2.5mb still too small for uncompressed 8 megapixel photo?
    10-30-2012 06:54 PM
    Im so jealous and yet so happy that at least someone is out there right now enjoying this amazing phone!!!
    10-30-2012 07:20 PM
    Yeah, it's not like Canada isn't almost half the size of North America and neighboring the US. So random.
    10-30-2012 07:22 PM
    Ah so you can set the sensitivity. Not just "Super Sensitive Touch on or off"?
    Regarding the screen sensitivity: Is the sensitivity of the screen the same with sensitivity set to "high" compared to "low" (or "off", or whatever this is called)
    Just thinking.
    The only two settings available are "High" and "Normal" and under it it says: "You can wear gloves and use the touch screen when set to High."

can you do some action shots with the led flash? its supposed to be a next gen led which can give a xenon flash kinda look. The frozen look i mean.
    Some pictures with flash will be added to Skydrive soon. Keep checking the link in the first post. I can see all pics fine. Not sure why some people cant

Thanks for the report.
    Any chance of comparison pictures - Lumia 900 against Lumia 920?
    Will do

Stephen Elop, Nokia's CEO, is Canadian after all!
    Ture, aubreyq and davedavedavedave like this.
    10-30-2012 08:08 PM
    You win my second ever thanks.
    10-30-2012 08:09 PM
    A night shot of the front of my house with flash has been added to the Skydrive folder along with a non-flash picture of some cars down my street.
    10-30-2012 08:11 PM
    Side by side comparison of 920 vs 900 at night. The 900 had Night mode ON.

http://sdrv.ms/UfmQha
    Luminatic likes this.
    10-30-2012 08:23 PM
    Can you please take a picture of the moon? like in the sky and stuff?

That type of stuff always look like **** on cameras and I was hoping it excel on the Lumia 920.
    10-30-2012 08:51 PM
    Can you please take a picture of the moon? like in the sky and stuff?

That type of stuff always look like **** on cameras and I was hoping it excel on the Lumia 920.
    Blame Sandy since it's very cloudy out there and I can't see the moon.
    10-30-2012 09:05 PM
    Nighttime Driving Video added to first post.
    10-30-2012 09:06 PM
    Can you find the data sense on your phone?
    I can't find it....
    Thanks
    10-30-2012 09:12 PM
    Great video X! Can you confirm for if the IE10 in WP8 supports flash videos? And if you can change the colors of the live tiles? Thanks mate!
    10-30-2012 09:16 PM
    I went to my local Rogers store in Winkler (Southern Manitoba) today to pay my bill, and they didn't have any phones with WP8 in stock, but I was told they were on their way. As a side note, I had a short conversation with the guy there, and he's looking at getting an 8X. He also seems pretty knowledgeable about Windows Phones, which is a good thing.
    10-30-2012 09:25 PM
    Can you find the data sense on your phone?
    I can't find it....
    Thanks
    I can't find it neither. The app is carrier-based so Rogers needs to set it up before we can use it. Same for AT&T.

Great video X! Can you confirm for if the IE10 in WP8 supports flash videos? And if you can change the colors of the live tiles? Thanks mate!
    No it does not support flash, but going to m.youtube.com and selecting a video will open the video in the phone's video player and play it smoothly.
    cocopanda likes this.
    10-30-2012 09:29 PM
    No it does not support flash, but going to m.youtube.com and selecting a video will open the video in the phone's video player and play it smoothly.
    Too bad.. Still not a minus for me. Thanks again! Looking forward for your reviews on this bad boy!
    10-30-2012 09:39 PM
    I went to my local Rogers store in Winkler (Southern Manitoba) today to pay my bill, and they didn't have any phones with WP8 in stock, but I was told they were on their way. As a side note, I had a short conversation with the guy there, and he's looking at getting an 8X. He also seems pretty knowledgeable about Windows Phones, which is a good thing.
    I have a feeling that only actual Rogers stores are getting the phones early. The one in Winkler is just an authorized dealer.
    10-30-2012 09:45 PM
    Does the Lumia 920 have visual voicemail like the iPhone does on Rogers? I want to switch but this is a must feature for me.
    10-30-2012 09:45 PM
    Blame Sandy since it's very cloudy out there and I can't see the moon.
    Can you take a picture of the sky? it should look picture black on other devices but clouds and stuff on the Lumia.

I want to know because of the fake night pictures.

This one is supposed to be taken with the Lumia prototype, so I want to know if they had to make some sacrifices.
    10-30-2012 09:51 PM
    do you know how to get the diagnostic tool?
    Only the life time counter show up after I entered the ##634#

Thanks
    10-30-2012 10:06 PM
    Nice videos... OIS is awesome.. I think this will make this phone and the next one with OIS and 808 sensor the ones to beat.
    10-30-2012 10:07 PM
    Does the Lumia 920 have visual voicemail like the iPhone does on Rogers? I want to switch but this is a must feature for me.
    Not sure as I am not subscribed to that feature from Rogers. They charge more money for it compared to regular voicemail.

Can you take a picture of the sky? it should look picture black on other devices but clouds and stuff on the Lumia.

I want to know because of the fake night pictures.

Click to view quoted image

This one is supposed to be taken with the Lumia prototype, so I want to know if they had to make some sacrifices.
    Check out my initial post. I have a comparison photo posted between 920 and 900.
    10-30-2012 10:15 PM
    Review part 4 being added to the original post.
    10-30-2012 10:17 PM
500 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD