The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 56789 ...
tools
    do you know how to get the diagnostic tool?
    Only the life time counter show up after I entered the ##634#
    Click to view quoted image

Thanks
    Same here. Haven't found out how to yet.
    Hi, thanks for doing these videos and answering questions! Can you confirm that the phone supports USB On-The-Go? I guess you would need a special cable to actually test it, but does it say anything in the manual about this?
    Don't have a cable so sorry can't try it.
    I want to see out door, night time, Christmas light pictures. Guess we'll have to wait.
    Check the first post. I added night shots.
    Hi! Congratulations and thank you for the experience. A few questions.
    1) GPS, cold start time and the receiver sensitivity, accuracy
    2) You talk about the AF assist - this is not a red light as the N8? You can shoot video secretly?
    3) A few words about the management of voice. Quality Voice Recognition, can dictate SMS. The quality of the phone functions, and audible voice quality companion, volume and quality of the speakers, the strength of vibration, etc.
    Thx
    1)GPS cold start is even faster now! App is Nokia Drive Beta+ v2.something. Not the 3.0 app we had in WP7.5
    2)No this is not a red light. It is white and it goes on until the lens focuses then shuts off. I think it sets the camera up to keep that lens open longer when you actually take the pic.
    3)Didn't have time to interact via voice yet but audio quality is very good. Unfortunately, the vibrator is still embarrassingly loud!

Question - are you able to copy and paste phone number on the dial app? Also if you go to a website and click on a address does it launch the maps app?
    Yes you can paste into the dialer!! No the map app doesn't open.
    abc458926 and aubreyq like this.
    10-31-2012 06:37 AM
    Hi! Can you please record video with lumia 920 in loud environment ,try to record video when listening the music and turn the volume really high.
    Will do today hopefully.
    Next question,can you receive notifications in real time when phone is in sleep mode,like msn message,skype message,email.? Or you need to wait for 10 minutes to 1h like on the my ex lumia 710.
    I am still testing this. Sometimes I get it right away and sometimes I get notifications from a couple days back. Still no 100% answer.
    aubreyq and cckgz4 like this.
    10-31-2012 06:40 AM
    I took this picture last night before going to bed. When I looked at the phone's screen it was 95% black where nothing can be seen. Look what came out: http://sdrv.ms/TtZNCD
    naw1, MAERSK and cckgz4 like this.
    10-31-2012 06:46 AM
    how would you rate the lumia 920 in the amount of detail and sharpness in pictures produced?

owh, is there anyway to adjust the ISO of the camera?

thanks for doing what you are doing!
    Last edited by naw1; 10-31-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added stuff
    10-31-2012 06:48 AM
    From my experience, even my n8 in cloudy conditions doesn't produce noiseless photos.
    This.

Any chance you take a photo of opened book, Id love to know if one can photo 2 pages and still have it at readable quality
    10-31-2012 06:50 AM
    how would you rate the lumia 920 in the amount of detail and sharpness in pictures produced?

owh, is there anyway to adjust the ISO of the camera?

thanks for doing what you are doing!
    I would say 10/10. The screen really jumps at you from how clear, vivid, and smooth the flow in it is. I have seen the iPhone 4/5, and the GS3 and this thing trumps both easily.
    aubreyq likes this.
    10-31-2012 07:02 AM
    This.

Any chance you take a photo of opened book, Id love to know if one can photo 2 pages and still have it at readable quality
    Here you go buddy: http://sdrv.ms/SvdEJ5
    Residing likes this.
    10-31-2012 07:05 AM
    Box Contents: http://sdrv.ms/Svek0P

In-ear piece is WH-208. Charger is AC-16U (same as 900).
    maverick786us likes this.
    10-31-2012 07:09 AM
    thanks for all the updates and effort!

So the question is how are you feeling on the battery life so far?
    obviously its too early to have an accurate reflection of 'average' use but any input would be appreciated
    10-31-2012 07:25 AM
    thanks for all the updates and effort!
    So the question is how are you feeling on the battery life so far?
    obviously its too early to have an accurate reflection of 'average' use but any input would be appreciated
    I fully charged the phone overnight, on LTE right now, and going through my day just like I used to do with my 900.

Will update everyone by tonight or so.
    aubreyq and cocopanda like this.
    10-31-2012 07:30 AM
    Quick notes/answers added to the first post.
    10-31-2012 08:16 AM
    Thanks for posting all this info! I'd like to hear about the calendar app, have they made any changes to it? And can the calendar live tile be configured to show multiple upcoming items (like the agenda view)?
    10-31-2012 08:16 AM
    OK someone please explain this to me:
    When my phone is in standby, WiFi disconnects automatically and the phone switches to cellular (for whatever moronic reason). Then if I get an incoming Skype call when my phone is in standby and the screen lights up, will the Skype call remain on cellular or will it automatically switch to WiFi? Because if it switches, shouldn't the call disconnect because of the 1-2 second gap between disconnecting from cellular and connecting to WiFi?
    10-31-2012 08:32 AM
    Nokia Counters... Shouldn't this be "Data Sense" build into Windows Phone 8?
    10-31-2012 08:45 AM
    Nokia Counters... Shouldn't this be "Data Sense" build into Windows Phone 8?
    Data Sense has to be enabled by the carrier before you can use this feature. It's nowhere to be seen on my phone.
    aubreyq likes this.
    10-31-2012 08:46 AM
    Thanks for the videos and photos, I'm finding myself regularly checking back to see any updates :)

Regarding the camera, it seems that the still photos have a small area of focus, and anything in the foreground or background is relatively blurry. I was wondering if this could be a result of the F2.0 lens?
    10-31-2012 08:53 AM
    Data Sense has to be enabled by the carrier before you can use this feature. It's nowhere to be seen on my phone.
    That's stupid.. I've seen the presentation on monday and they showed the feature. I thought that only the compression feature has to be enabled by carrier (which I can understand). But Data Sense also showed which App generated how much traffic. If this is only visible when the carrier want's you to see it, is it stupid...
    10-31-2012 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the videos and photos, I'm finding myself regularly checking back to see any updates :)

Regarding the camera, it seems that the still photos have a small area of focus, and anything in the foreground or background is relatively blurry. I was wondering if this could be a result of the F2.0 lens?
    Thank you for checking it out. I am no photography expert, but I will be doing side by side comparison between the 920 and the 900 today after I get off work.

That should help people get a better idea.
    10-31-2012 09:01 AM
    Does the phone have the regular Maps app and Nokia Maps app in the app list, or only Nokia Maps? I know all WP8 devices use maps powered by Nokia, but Maps/Nokia Maps do have some differences in terms of features/app design from what I've seen.

How are the Nokia Maps in Canada?

I've looked at maps.nokia.com online in my browser and it is seriously lacking compared to Bing Maps (it says it doesn't support "places" in Winnipeg, whereas with Bing I can get all sorts of POI and businesses and even Local Scout on my Samsung Focus).
    10-31-2012 09:02 AM
    That's stupid.. I've seen the presentation on monday and they showed the feature. I thought that only the compression feature has to be enabled by carrier (which I can understand). But Data Sense also showed which App generated how much traffic. If this is only visible when the carrier want's you to see it, is it stupid...
    Can you remind me where did Joe access it from? Was it in settings or a separate app?
    10-31-2012 09:02 AM
    Do you have any pets of children? Please take a picture of a moving object.
    10-31-2012 09:12 AM
    Here you go buddy: http://sdrv.ms/SvdEJ5
    Thanks a lot man! Just what I was looking for! Quality seems sufficient for this niche need of mine so I probably wont have to drag around my N8 with the Lumia 920.

I can relate to your position :D When N8 was new, I had the privilege to get hands on with the device much before it's release (and off NDA) so I was answering questions over at GSMArena and there was a constant bombing of questions. I was also amongst the first people in the world to get a commercial N8, so I also kept answering questions as well as providing picture and video samples to people. Sadly finns dont get the privilege now to be the first, but I guess karma has provided you for us! :D

Thanks again!
    Residing likes this.
    10-31-2012 09:20 AM
    Thanks a lot man! Just what I was looking for! Quality seems sufficient for this niche need of mine so I probably wont have to drag around my N8 with the Lumia 920.

I can relate to your position :D When N8 was new, I had the privilege to get hands on with the device much before it's release (and off NDA) so I was answering questions over at GSMArena and there was a constant bombing of questions. I was also amongst the first people in the world to get a commercial N8, so I also kept answering questions as well as providing picture and video samples to people. Sadly finns dont get the privilege now to be the first, but I guess karma has provided you for us! :D

Thanks again!
    You're welcome. Awesome Nokia life stories we have here. I still can't believe I am one of the very few people that have it.

The phone is amazing don't get me wrong, but there is something deep deep down saying: "WP8 isn't a huge update over WP7. I was expecting more for some reason."

Do you have any pets of children? Please take a picture of a moving object.
    No pets nor children but I will try and take a picture of a moving object and post it here soon.
    10-31-2012 09:27 AM
    XSever, thanks a lot for taking the time to publish all of this good information.
    Xsever likes this.
    10-31-2012 09:29 AM
    The phone is amazing don't get me wrong, but there is something deep deep down saying: "WP8 isn't a huge update over WP7. I was expecting more for some reason."
    Well, for me it's basically a whole new update. If it wasnt for a friend who gave me his old Omnia 7 for free, I wouldn't have had any experience with WP until 920. I've now been using the Omnia 7 for like a week or so and today I tried to use my N8 after that weeks break and I found myself turning it back off and just continueing with the Omnia :D

I miss some features from Symbian than WP still lacks and a certain level of freedom. A few things WP8 has already addressed, but even as it is I'm probably happy with WP8. I wasnt even expecting a huge difference in 7,5 and 8 tbh and at this point I think the most important difference is under the hood in the coding language.
    aubreyq and Residing like this.
    10-31-2012 09:32 AM
500 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD