11-26-2012 12:06 AM
500 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    This is building up as an excellent thread to be honest. Love the videos and input from so many members!

Just a question: Should I buy Lumia 920? :P
    Thank you for the kind words. If I wasn't occupied with work, I'd give more for the community.

I am writing on a sticky note all the things people want to know and my video tonight will focus on that. Stay tuned. :)
    10-31-2012 12:41 PM
    xsever,

could you take a few photos in the dark with flash on?
    10-31-2012 12:41 PM
    Thank you for the kind words. If I wasn't occupied with work, I'd give more for the community.

I am writing on a sticky note all the things people want to know and my video tonight will focus on that. Stay tuned. :)
    I hope you are showing off your Lumia 920 at work and "converting" too! :P

BTW, if this trend continues on your thread till next weekend, I guess we would have the most end-user directed thorough review of Lumia 920 and that will surely show how good/bad decision it is to #switch!

I might read more in your thread and come up with some stuff that you could test.
    Xsever and greynightshirt like this.
    10-31-2012 12:49 PM
    Is it really Factory Unlocked if I pay the full price at Rogers? Try it please and let us know!

Thanks!
    10-31-2012 12:54 PM
    Is it really Factory Unlocked if I pay the full price at Rogers? Try it please and let us know!

Thanks!
    10-31-2012 12:54 PM

Thanks!
    i think Rogers unlock devices for $20 or something, so if that remains the same even a contract phone should be unlockable

or so i hope... since i will need to use the phone when i travel @_@
    10-31-2012 01:28 PM
    I have watched your video, which you were testing wifi connection when screen is off. It was dropping after 30 seconds. Did you find any solutions to this?

For example, if i was running Viber, and someone wanted to call me while screen is off, would it still work or not work due to no wifi connection?

I want to know because i pre-ordered mine, getting it in two weeks.
    10-31-2012 02:34 PM
    xsever,

could you take a few photos in the dark with flash on?
    This is one I took last night outside: http://sdrv.ms/SdgFKf

Will try and take more outside.

Thanks!
    Will let you all know once I test it myself.
    10-31-2012 02:37 PM
    I charged the phone at 7:00 A.M.

It's 4:00 P.M. right now, all day on LTE, watched some videos on Metrotube, recorded some videos and took some pictures for you guys and read some feeds on the phone, along with 15 minutes of GPS. Battery is at 52% right.

Not bad at all for a first day use!
    peterg21 likes this.
    10-31-2012 02:38 PM
    10-31-2012 02:41 PM
    Hi, do you have any iPhones or Samsung Galaxy S3? maybe it is more convincing to take some photos and compare them with those iOS or Android flag ship phones.
    10-31-2012 02:48 PM
    Video Recording with Loud Music inside a vehicle:
    The audio was very loud and it was starting to hurt my ears. Yet the 920 managed this very very well. My 900 would have had nothing but pure noise.

180-degree video recording:
    Residing and Ture like this.
    10-31-2012 02:51 PM
    Hi,

I'm a new member just signed up :) ... and yes I'm currently waiting for a 920...

OH! and thanks for the awesome review!! That's about as much as I ever expect from a phone.. Can't
    wait to get my hands on one! I'll never understand why rogers is being so vague about it.. You'd think
    they would want to release them.it's almost like they are just testing the waters. The phone isn't even on
    thier website yet ARGH!!!

Can someone explain to me how Rogers Reservation system works? I watch co-workers wait a week longer
    for thier Iphone5 on reservation when they could have just gone to the store and buy one that wasn't reserved.
    Last edited by LuvMyLabs; 10-31-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: updated text
    10-31-2012 02:53 PM
    10-31-2012 02:56 PM
    Hi,

I'm a new member just signed up :) ... and yes I'm currently waiting for a 920...

Can someone explain to me how Rogers Reservation system works?
    Log into your My Rogers section of the Rogers website. Click "Device Reservation". You'll then be given a drop down with various devices you can reserve. After you reserve a device you will be given a queue number, and will be notified when it is shipped. You will be charge $40 to your account, and when you get the device they remove the $40 charge.

I should note, this ONLY guarantees you a device. This does not guarantee you will get it before stores have them in stock. I found this out the hard way. That's why I reserve a device, then as soon as the device is released I call all the Rogers stores I can to see if it's in stock. You can always cancel the reservation, without penalty.
    10-31-2012 03:03 PM
    Video Recording with Loud Music inside a vehicle:
    The audio was very loud and it was starting to hurt my ears. Yet the 920 managed this very very well. My 900 would have had nothing but pure noise.

Damn, those HAAC mics are really impressive. Why isn't Nokia pushing this improvement like they did with 808 and rich recording?
    Ture likes this.
    10-31-2012 03:05 PM
    I tried my in-ear headset in both the 900 and the 920 playing the same song and the results are very very similar. The 900's audio quality was already was very good.

The audio was crisp clear and the bass was very rich. (Not an audio expert)
    10-31-2012 03:06 PM
    xserver, sorry if someone already asked this but is the month-to-month price ($549) the same as the no contract price? Usually Rogers charges $50 more for off-contract phones.
    10-31-2012 03:12 PM
    I am posting videos from my Iphone 4s on youtube, and they are really decreasing in quality. If only you can upload even short video right from the phone untouched, please :)
    That 180-degree video or that with loud music - any will do.
    Can you post video on skydrive? Or dropbox, if you using it. So we can download original.
    10-31-2012 03:17 PM
    xserver, sorry if someone already asked this but is the month-to-month price ($549) the same as the no contract price? Usually Rogers charges $50 more for off-contract phones.
    Phone is $549 month to month and 599 off-contract. + tax
    10-31-2012 03:18 PM
    I am posting videos from my Iphone 4s on youtube, and they are really decreasing in quality. If only you can upload even short video right from the phone untouched, please :)
    That 180-degree video or that with loud music - any will do.
    Can you post video on skydrive? Or dropbox, if you using it. So we can download original.
    Skydrive untouched link: http://sdrv.ms/RssSKt
    10-31-2012 03:21 PM
    Skydrive untouched link: http://sdrv.ms/RssSKt
    I thought 920 is capable of 1080p recording? Could remember wrong, I dont really care or wont be disappointed even if it was 720p, but if it does support 1080p, judging by the video resolution you arn't filming at highest quality?
    10-31-2012 03:23 PM
    I thought 920 is capable of 1080p recording? Could remember wrong, I dont really care or wont be disappointed even if it was 720p, but if it does support 1080p, judging by the video resolution you arn't filming at highest quality?
    Yes it does support 1080p. You change this under video options in the camera.

I am sticking to 720 as it keeps the size lower so that I can upload faster and show you guys.
    10-31-2012 03:24 PM
    Makes sense, but perhaps a bad idea when trying to show off the video quality at it's peak :P
    10-31-2012 03:26 PM
    Wow, I've been so excited to see how well this phone would perform on audio capturing (for filming concerts / parties). Your movie has totally convinced me even more than I already was about this phone. Am definitely going to get one now!

Thanks for your quick review and the effort you make to put everything on here!!
    10-31-2012 03:28 PM
500 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD