First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Why not taking a review video? It is more easy for you to share your new toll with us!

Yes, not only take a video, but take a video while riding a bike!! ...... too soon???? :)

Congrats! Just waiting for AT&T to get their heads out of their **you know what** and at least acknowledge that then intend to release it some time this year.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I did not try Nokia Music yet and not sure if Canada has it.

Multitasking is definitely snappier and apps "resume" much quicker compared to WP7.5

yxw4774

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am uploading quick review videos I captured with my current 900 as I did the reviews in my car after I got the phone.

I am uploading them on youtube now to show you all.

Be patient.
Great job, boy! Enjoy your new toll. Is is possible for non-Rogers clients to buy off-contract Lumia 920 now in Rogers store?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Here are probably the first pictures of the phone from a consumer.

My Rogers Store had 2 and I bought the first one.

I am in the process of uploading reviews videos.

Enjoy the pics for now.

What city are you in if you don't mind me asking? My pre-order still says "In Progress" so I called half a dozen Rogers stores here in Edmonton, none of them have the 920 yet :mad:

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Here are probably the first pictures of the phone from a consumer.

My Rogers Store had 2 and I bought the first one.

I am in the process of uploading reviews videos.

Enjoy the pics for now.

If I may ask, what region are you in? I'm curious to find out if midsized cities are getting these, or just the cities the size of Toronto, Vancouver, etc.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Surprised at all the grainyness I see in most pictures taken with the 920 so far.. Coming from N8, I suppose it's a combination of a few things such as 4 megapixels less, no xenon flash (enough light makes a lot of grainyness go away), but also remember that you will just about never be looking at full size full res images anyways, but those pictures into a facebook size and it sure looks good enough.

But it seems I might be carrying my N8 still to school to copy schoolbooks I dont want to buy :p

But the 920 camera will probably be superior to the N8 camera in the fact in the has the image stabilisation, just that I rarely take any images that sorta have any need for that (except every picture in the sense that there is hand shake etc..), as my usual pictures are very much still pictures.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
What city are you in if you don't mind me asking? My pre-order still says "In Progress" so I called half a dozen Rogers stores here in Edmonton, none of them have the 920 yet :mad:

If I may ask, what region are you in? I'm curious to find out if midsized cities are getting these, or just the cities the size of Toronto, Vancouver, etc.

I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

More camera testing to be coming, but the pictures you saw were taken in very very low light.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

More camera testing to be coming, but the pictures you saw were taken in very very low light.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks, and after talking to a Rogers Plus store employee, makes sense. He said that the Lumia 920 is available in select stores in Eastern Canada, with Western Canada to follow in the next week or 2.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I want it!

About the resuming behavior, if you have an app suspended and you go to the start screen to open it, does it launch from beginning again?

I just tried opening the facebook app, then pressing the windows key, then re-launching the app from the start screen on both my 900 and 920.

The 920 loaded the app back again to where I left it from while the 900 had to relaunch it. 920 load time was instantaneous and 3-4 seconds faster than 900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12